possible l & d trip for me. *update in post 20*

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had to call my ob because i have been having contractions and im possibly leaking fluid. The ob and i decided that i can monitor it at home and decide if i need to be seen or not. So far im still contracting off and on but nothing consistant and i have decreased fetal movement but she is moving off and on. My dh is at work and its just me and the kids so im really hoping my little girl stays put.

Last edited by bcogoli; February 16th, 2013 at 04:50 PM.
February 15th, 2013, 12:17 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Thoughts and prayers being sent your way. Keep us posted.

They wouldn't want to see you even if you're leaking fluid?
February 15th, 2013, 12:27 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Praying for you. And I agree with Kary. I'd think what you're describing would be something they'd want to check just in case with everything you've been through so far. I'd rather find out sooner rather than later in case it was serious. Hope baby stays put and the contractions settle down.
February 15th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
They were going to see me but they dont want to do an internal if they can avoid it. She said if by morning its still going on then go to l&d. She is hoping it will settle down on its own.
February 15th, 2013, 01:59 PM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
ahh! Sorry, hopefully they will stop,
try to take it easy!
Thoughts and prayers your way
Keep us updated.

February 15th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That would make since.. if you think it could be fluid, put a pad on and lay down for omg i think it's half a hr to a hr, i dont remember. i think its 30 mins though, and when u stand up you will know if its fluid or not cause it will pour out of you. Just keep a eye on it, and her movements. we are far enough along u should be feeling 4 or so within a hr laying down/on your left side. Praying for you

February 15th, 2013, 03:19 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw Beth I'm sorry you have this going on. I hope these contractions die down and that you can rest easy a little longer with this little one. Keep us posted on how your day goes.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
February 15th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I did put a pad on and im trying to take it easy. I have had a few really big contractions but i took a shower and did some yoga and if nothing else i feel calmer. My DH comes home at 10pm our time and we will take it from there. Im really hoping that if i rest tonight then all will be better come morning, if not then we will go to L&D. Thank you all for your thought and prayers.
February 15th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well just as long as u don't feel worse.
I hope your better soon. Sorry I'm sure this is nerve racking.
You will be fine.
February 15th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Are they BH or painful true labor?? I get some alll the time and don't know when it's best to go in and get it checked out.

Hope you're taking it easy. KUP

February 15th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Aw Beth. I'm sorry you're still having contractions. But at least you're all showered and relaxed if nothing else. I hope to hear more soon from you. What time zone are you in?

February 16th, 2013, 04:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Joy were in Eastern time.

They are definatly real contractions but they are not patterned. I woke up today and i just feel really crampy. Im going to start my morning and see how things go. Were getting our taxes done at 2 so im hoping all calms down before then. Im hopefull that it will all go away.
February 16th, 2013, 05:27 AM
May 2013 Cohost
But what about the fluid leaking? I thought it was dangerous to go more than 24 hrs if your water breaks. Shouldn't you go to at least get the fluid tested to determine if it's amniotic fluid? They don't have to do an internal to test your fluid.

Last edited by kary4; February 16th, 2013 at 05:34 AM.
February 16th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Hey Kary I'm no doctor, but I was reading about your water breaking early, and I guess they just monitor you for fevers. They want to keep the baby in as long as possible. I also read that with a small tear sometimes it can even heal itself. But who knows!
Beth, I'm glad you're feeing a little better today. Hope those contractions stay away!

February 16th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Still contracting and now i feel overall worn out. Doing my taxes in a few mins and then off to l&d. Im still hopefull that its nothing.
February 16th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Brock's minion
Fingers and toes crossed that after a quick NST and exam you'll be on your way home.

Michelle
February 16th, 2013, 11:34 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Good luck...keep us posted.
February 16th, 2013, 11:40 AM
I'm sorry Beth! Let us know what they say at L&D if you can!

February 16th, 2013, 11:41 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Hoping it's just some bad Braxton Hicks and discharge. I hope baby stays snuggled in there for a lot longer!
February 16th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Finally home!! The doctor said my cervix is really thin but still high. Im definatly contracting but its still not consistant. She said since we live close to the hospital that i could come home and monitor it myself. If things feel worse then i should go back. She does not think im leaking fluid but she was also unsure of how productive my contractions are so i need to keep a pad on just incase. The medicine they use to stop labor usually only works once so they want to see if things will settle on their own before they intervene. Im still hopefull that things will go away on their own. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search