Favorite store

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsNHigh
  • 1 Post By usnwifey9

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2013, 06:13 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been on a baby clothes buying kick lately....been Carter's outlet, Walmart, and Kohls. The Carter's outlet is ridiculously overpriced! I found all the same clothes at Kohls for a lot cheaper. So far, Kohls is my favorite place for baby clothes. I got some 6 and 9 month fleece pants for $2.80 a piece plus 15% off! I've forgotten how much fun buying baby clothes is!
EverydayJoy likes this.

Nichole
February 16th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Super Mommy
Hmm never been to kohls. I'll give it a try one of these days. I am on a budget and will try to reuse my DD clothes (even though I am having a boy) but when/if I buy baby stuff, I buy them either from target, jcpenny, tjmaxx and marshalls-- the sale rack usually.
February 16th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Kohls is really nice when you they are having sales plus when you use the credit card, they usually have special deals where you can get up to 30% off. I usually don't buy out of season clothes, but I kept counting on my fingers how many months he will be and what the weather will be like. I got quite a few 6 month outfits for the winter at really great prices.

Nichole
February 16th, 2013, 10:48 PM
usnwifey9's Avatar Veteran
That was totally me a couple weeks ago, lol! My Achilles heel has definitely been Children's Place, Ross, and Walmart . OMG! The things you can find in those stores, haha! Children's Place was having a MONSTER winter clearance sale on top of an extra 20-25% off, so I bought TONS of winter apparel for baby-- most for less than $3! What I love about Children's Place, too, is that most of their items all share the same color scheme so you can easily mix-and-match items to create multiple outfits! Ross and Walmart are a little more hit or miss, but when you find a hit it's really worth it ;P. I have found numerous Carter's and other popular brand clothing and styles for much less at these stores than you would find elsewhere. Baby shopping is so addicting lol!
MrsNHigh likes this.

February 17th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Kohls is amazing!!! My grandma and i go alot. I also really like consignment stores.
February 17th, 2013, 06:56 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
I like Kohls, Babies R Us, and Children's Place.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
February 17th, 2013, 08:24 AM
I've never been to Children's place. Sounds like somewhere you only shop when they have a sale. Ross where I live is so shoddy. I refuse to go there at all!

Nichole
February 17th, 2013, 09:22 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I know what you mean. My mom used to work at Kohls and we would get some insane deals. Liam has tons of Tony Hawk which is a brand there. I love their color schemes for boys clothes. I find girls to be a bit more hit and miss there, but I like Oshkosh when there is a good coupon and sale. I refuse to pay much for baby clothes, they just outgrow them so fast!

My favorite stores are Gymboree, Marshall's, and Macy's for girls clothes. I'll have to see how they fit her, since that is a big deal. But I like one brand called Maggie&Zoe from Marshall's and the "First Impressions" line at Macy's. For boys I like Gap, Kohls, and Gymboree. I find that for boys, the Gymboree stuff runs wide and my little guy is wide But Gap is much better for my older. I pretty much hate Carters once they get out if the 9 month size. I dunno why, but I love it for newborn stuff and then just don't once they get bigger. It might be because I think it runs small and I have big kids. My 16 month old has been out of their 24-month stuff for over 6 months. Granted, he is big, but he can wear other 24 month stuff still.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search