Appointment today

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By TeeCee
  • 1 Post By kary4
  • 1 Post By misty3281

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2013, 01:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
First off, early appointments make me grumpy!!

I was 10 mins late but it seemed like my doctor didnt mind.
My weight gain has gone up a pound. A total of 11 pounds gained so far through this pregnancy.
Baby measured in about a week ahead but it seemed to go up and down. Last appointment I measured a week behind. So its up and down. Heartbeat sounded beautifully.

Now... They found a trace of white blood cells in my urine and put me on metronidazole. Im kind of unsure about taking them. Considering I havent taken any meds just my prenatal vitamins.
Also... My blood sugar level was low. How am I suppose to take that? she said "whoa... Thats really low, you feel okay?" Which kind of scared me. I had a plum and glass of water before I went to my appointment and had a bowl of sweet rice before bed. I still dont get it.

I feel uneasy. And sleepy.
Im not sure if im just confused or just really sleepy to comprehend any of it.
February 22nd, 2013, 01:20 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, with what you've said about your diet lately, I bet your blood sugar stays relatively low. Try to up your complex carbs and protein. I know nothing about white blood cells...sign of infection, I'm guessing. If you generally trust your doctor, then take the meds...and a nap! Lol I'm sleepy too.

Nichole
February 22nd, 2013, 02:39 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The white blood cells are a sign your body is fighting off something, most likely a slight bladder infection. I would say with no other symptoms like fever or pain when you go pee, you might not need to take the antibiotics. I think they are sometimes overzealous with those because if you were having pain and bladder spasms, the irritation to your bladder can cause your uterus to start contracting. Personally, from someone who has had a TON of UTI's, I would just take lot of cranberry pills or juice and some vitamin C, echinacea, and such to help your body fight anything off naturally. You might not even have a bladder infection at all, the white blood cells might be a sign that your body already neutralized the invaders.

As for your blood sugar being so low, maybe since you hadn't eaten much that morning? First thing in the morning it's bound to be low since your body has digested all the food from yesterday and has been essentially on a "fast" all night. Maybe try to eat a little more if you can!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
February 22nd, 2013, 04:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy

I like your explanation! Im in no pain. I pee fine. My water intake is awesome daily. I just never thought of an infection. But they took another sample today and I should know what it is by monday.

As for eating more, I can only try
Thanks
EverydayJoy likes this.
February 22nd, 2013, 06:24 PM
May 2013 Cohost
How did they measure your blood sugar? That's not normally part of a routine appointment...it requires a blood draw. Or did they just prick your finger?
rheaimedved likes this.
February 22nd, 2013, 09:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
They ran my glucose test about two weeks ago. They already mentioned my blood sugar being a little below normal which didn't seem to be a problem. Then today it was a finger prick just to see if there would be a difference and again it was super low.
I don't find it to alarming. Even before pregnancy my sugar level was always in the 50's or 60's which was normal for me. I had never really reached 70's. so for me to be between 80's to 120's on a normal finger prick never happened.
February 23rd, 2013, 05:13 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to let you know I've taken metronidazole twice so far during this pregnancy and baby is doing perfectly. White blood cells in the urine are a sign of bladder infection which is why they test for it at every appt. It can lead to more serious problems if left untreated, and not everyone has pain associated with it. There are people that come into the hospital with fevers and needing IV antibiotics that stem from an untreated bladder infection they didn't know they had. You could always just fill the prescription to keep on hand and if natural remedies don't work and the white blood cells are still in your urine at the next appt take it then. Just something to think about.
TeeCee likes this.
February 23rd, 2013, 08:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks!!!
It really took me time to think it over so I took my first one this morning and will continue for 7 more days.

Awe I feel better knowing it didn't have any weirdness to it. I just hate meds.
You eased my mind ALOT! Thank u
February 23rd, 2013, 08:54 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad I could help. One other thing, make sure you eat when you take it. Even in non-pregnant people it can cause nausea on an empty stomach, so just imagine how bad it can be on a pregnant tummy already probed to nausea. Doesn't have to be a full meal. Even a banana or something would be fine.
February 23rd, 2013, 09:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay
I wouldn't have done that
It wasn't labeled "take with food"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search