So mad at my mother-in-law

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsNHigh
  • 1 Post By shuff72812
  • 1 Post By Ltem45
  • 2 Post By rheaimedved

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2013, 04:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well shes not technically my mother in law cause me and SO aren't married but were as good as I can't stand the women just found out today that she's been smoking in front of my DD when she knows how strongly I feel about people smoking in the same room as my daughter shes so selfish and my SO doesnt see why I'm so mad she doesnt respect my views at all I can't stand the women no wonder she doesn't come to our house shes not allowed to do that here and i told my SO theres no way the baby is going up to her house if that's how she's going to act am I over reacting x

February 24th, 2013, 05:36 AM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not at all. Second hand smoke is so dangerous, and she should care enough for your child to not put her in danger like that.
Skimboardin Mama likes this.

Nichole
February 24th, 2013, 05:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
She's so selfish and it makes me so mad she's so disrespectful of my views on it x

February 24th, 2013, 05:53 AM
I don't think your over reacting me and DH have had this conversation about my MIL...I totally understand!!!
Purrrrrrr likes this.
February 24th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Ltem45
My mil is a smoker and I worry about her smoking in front of my baby.
Mrsbowbin likes this.
February 24th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I will lose the plot if she smokes in front of the baby, we always have the same argument to shuff78212 since my DD was a baby but my SO doesn't seem that bothered she only sees my daughter for a few hrs u think it wouldnt be to much to ask! x

February 24th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Veteran
You have to ensure you and your SO refuse her access when she will be alone with your child. You both have to agree on it which might be a problem if your SO does not hold your view as strongly. Check out online as now they say third hand smoking can also be a problem for little ones.
February 24th, 2013, 08:19 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow I never thought about "third-hand" smoke. Second-hand is bad enough!

To the OP, you're not overreacting. Smoking around kids is BAD for them. I recall living next door to a set of twin toddlers who had parents that smoked. I don't know whether they smoked indoors or not, but in the wintertime those kids had the most awful, deep barking coughs I had heard. I felt soo bad for them. It sounded painful. It's smart to keep your precious daughter away from that!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
February 24th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like it's time for an ultimatum, as long as you can get your partner on board.
February 24th, 2013, 10:08 AM
BriLandy's Avatar Veteran
No, she should definitely respect your wishes because it effects your child's health. If she truly cared, she would listen.

Baby girl, due May 18th, 2013.

Bri
February 24th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would happily give an ultimatum but I don't think my partner would agree he spoke to her today and she said it's her house and she can do what she likes and he said she should respect our views so we will see what happens but that's my point if she really cared about her granddaughter she wouldn't smoke near her but she doesn't shes just selfish and thinks she can do what she likes she's very much mistaken if she thinks that x

February 24th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Brock's minion
My MIL smokes, even right in front of me. I'm worried about her with our baby. If she Doesn't stand by what we believe for OUR child then forget about it.

Michelle
February 24th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would just stop taking your daughter to her house, in that case.
Purrrrrrr and EverydayJoy like this.
February 25th, 2013, 06:03 AM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
I would be PISSED, if someone was smoking around my kids. If she can't respect your wishes, and your daughters safety than I wouldn't take my kid over there anymore.. so she knew how serious I was!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search