Uneasy

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsNHigh
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By MrsNHigh
  • 1 Post By rheaimedved
  • 2 Post By ShannonM
  • 3 Post By kary4
  • 1 Post By TeeCee
  • 1 Post By Sapphera
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This whole weekend baby's movements have been very soft and far apart.
Not the usual kicks to where my shirt moves. They have been subtle. But I've been checking the heartbeat and it's normal. No unusual things just the decreased movement. I do feel the kicks a lot lower now. Almost as if though the baby is bouncing on my bladder. And it feels as if the baby is far back towards my back. I've been drinking water like crazy. And have been taking the anitbotics they gave me for the white blood cells found in my urine on Friday. Could that have anything to do with it?
Should I be concerned with the decreased fetal movement? Even if I can pick up the heartbeat?
February 24th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My doctor's guidelines were pretty loose. She said if I didn't feel anything for over 6 hours, to drink something cold and sugary and lie down, and if I still didn't feel anything (or, in your case, if there's no increase in movement) give them a call today or first thing tomorrow.

Also keep in mind that as the baby gets bigger, there's less space for them to be doing acrobatics, so you might start to feel less because of that.
February 24th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yea. I laid on my side earlier and didn't feel kicks but I felt swishing movements.
And very low on my bladder. To the point where every 15 mins I need to pee.
February 24th, 2013, 06:45 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Baby probably shifted recently. I wouldn't worry. The standard is 10 kicks in an hour. Swishing is still movement. I bet baby is facing your back.
Skimboardin Mama likes this.

Nichole
February 24th, 2013, 11:40 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with Nichole, if the kicks are in a different location it could be that the placenta is blocking some of the sensations for you. Or if baby is facing your back, etc. that can definitely make it harder to feel.
I do feel like my little one is a little quieter lately too. He still seems to move a lot, and sometimes kicks hard, but mostly just little jazz moves here and there. Haha. That's what it feels like anyway, just soft tapping and moving around.
I think that hearing that regular, strong heartbeat is a great indicator that all is well. Your baby may just be sleeping more right now, or just feeling a little more laid back. You know, certain kinds of antibiotics can make me feel sleepy. I wonder if the ones you are taking are having that kind of effect on your baby?
TeeCee likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
February 25th, 2013, 05:48 AM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Could be a growth spurt too.
TeeCee likes this.

Nichole
February 25th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've felt movement this morning as I was in bed. Felt like baby was just getting comfy to go back to sleep again. And later after breakfast I leaned back on the couch and again felt baby moving around a bit. And now it's on and off.

I'm a little confused.
Is it 10 kicks every hour?
Or 10 in a day?
February 25th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
10 an hour, and that's if you're specifically trying to feel for them (lying down after eating a snack). But my ob thinks it's a good way to drive yourself insane.
EverydayJoy likes this.
February 25th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Regular
This is a good help

http://health.utah.gov/mihp/pregnanc...kickcounts.PDF
EverydayJoy and TeeCee like this.

February 25th, 2013, 11:50 AM
May 2013 Cohost
TeeCee - what is your doctor telling you on this? Why don't you call and ask how many kick counts per hour you should feel? I personally wouldn't worry bc you are feeling movement, which is a great sign. I would worry if you felt nothing at all.

It's 10 by the end of the second hour.

Kick Counts - American Pregnancy Association

I wouldn't worry about the type of kick, either.
rheaimedved, TeeCee and Mrsbowbin like this.
February 25th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
She said as long as I feel 10 kicks within 2 hours then baby is fine. If I feel no movement at all then I should go in.
But I'm feeling rolls and all when I lay down.

Thanks those sights are useful!! And for all your great advice ladies. It's helped ease my nerves.
EverydayJoy likes this.
February 25th, 2013, 01:32 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I feel lots of rolls too, now! It makes it difficult to sleep!
February 25th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yea.. Like I literally feel the baby slide its hands or legs across my tummy or just along the sides.
But it's been different from the usual kicks so I think that's why I can't feel the "kicks" that are normal to me.
February 25th, 2013, 02:11 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Yes, me too...I actually don't like the feeling of the slides...it creeps me out! I find it uncomfortable.
February 25th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Sapphera's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't get many "kicks" like I used to. Now it's more stretching and rolling .. what I call the "creepy alien movements" .. making my stomach move in one area and I just have a vision of the baby exploding out of my belly like the movie Alien. LOL. (And it literally makes me feel seasick!)

At first I was freaking out for the same reason, but any single movement is what you count - whether it's a kick, roll, slide, whatnot.
TeeCee likes this.
WTTC #2
February 25th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hahahahahahaha!!
Tears your tummy open. Ewww!

That's funny. Yea it's such a different feeling only moms who have gone through can talk about. Hahaha
But that image is hiliarious.
February 25th, 2013, 02:53 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Sometimes I feel like the rolls are going to split me open...like she'll just pop out!
February 25th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Brock's minion
I was told 10 movements in 2hours also. I've been having a lot more rolling and stretching then actual kick. Remember that each movement counts no just a big fat kick.

Michelle
February 26th, 2013, 08:23 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I have a ton of rolling now. A lot more than distinct kicks. I think size begins to play a factor, babies are big enough to move around a lot, but small enough where you aren't feeling every single movement they make in there. So I think it contributes to the rolling sensations.

I actually JUST made a post on Facebook about my baby popping out of my belly alien style Sometimes it feels like it!
TeeCee likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search