sooo screwed!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Ryan and Alex's Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So 3 carseats don't fit in our car That is that! omg....don't know what to do
Sweet_Mama likes this.

February 24th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What about a booster seat for your oldest? It seems like 5 is getting too big for a car seat, anyway??
February 24th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, my 5-year-old is out of the carseat, maybe try that...
February 24th, 2013, 05:55 PM
My oldest is in a booster.

February 24th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Strap one to the roof?
EverydayJoy and selenamdz like this.
February 24th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Brock's minion
No biggie just leave one at home all the time.

Michelle
February 24th, 2013, 06:41 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yikes! I know if we have 3, my tiny Prius will not hold 3 carseats. Sorry you're in a sticky financial situation.

Nichole
February 24th, 2013, 11:26 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugh what a pain! Is there any way to maybe look into smaller car seats? Maybe just maybe you could get some second hand that might be slimmer somehow?

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
February 25th, 2013, 05:54 AM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
We had to buy a new vehicle with baby number 3. We literally got it a week before he was born. ( even with oldest in a booster)
It sucked, but we just went to the dealership, traded in our car for something bigger (honda pilot) wasn't cheap... but we will have it payed off next year.
But now we have a third row, and all though it is cramped... they will all fit in there. haha
I hope you can figure it out soon, it is so stressful to have something big like that done last minute, I regret that!!!

February 25th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayJoy View Post
Ugh what a pain! Is there any way to maybe look into smaller car seats? Maybe just maybe you could get some second hand that might be slimmer somehow?
No, i bought the slimmest...it's just not going to work.... and you should never buy or use second hand seats you don't really know what they've been through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selenamdz View Post
We had to buy a new vehicle with baby number 3. We literally got it a week before he was born. ( even with oldest in a booster)
It sucked, but we just went to the dealership, traded in our car for something bigger (honda pilot) wasn't cheap... but we will have it payed off next year.
But now we have a third row, and all though it is cramped... they will all fit in there. haha
I hope you can figure it out soon, it is so stressful to have something big like that done last minute, I regret that!!!
Ya, it's looking like we might have to combine our current lease with a new one just to get a van, it's going to cost more but at least we will have more room. It's not going to be that much more a month but i didn't want to have to put out more money for anything till hubby was done his 4 weeks of school in june.

Last edited by Ryan and Alex's Mommy; February 25th, 2013 at 08:31 AM.
February 25th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
that stinks. What kind of car do you drive? My best friend nannies and has 3 across in her Toyota Yaris.. I've never seen a car smaller than that! Not even the Radians would work?

February 25th, 2013, 08:32 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have had to out of financial necessity. The one we have now is only secondhand from my parents, and they have barely used it and I know they have not been in any accidents. They bought it when DS was a baby and it doesn't fit him anymore.
I know that buying second hand is bad, but if it's either no car seat or a second hand carseat, then I'll take a second hand one.
SunnyBunnyMama likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
February 25th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Veteran
We traded our van in with negative equity and we still got a pretty good deal. It is definitely worth it to get all carseats and boosters to fit in perfect.
February 25th, 2013, 08:53 AM
You're lucky! I don't think that will happen with us. We have another 3 years on our current least so that combined with a new one is going to be a lot. I told hubby i don't care....a mini van is bigger and will fit all our needs, we won't need another vehicle so it will be worth it.

February 25th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Veteran
I know leases are different than loans but we had 3 more years left on our loan. We pay about 50.00 more a month for the Traverse. It fits 2 boosters and 2 Britax Marathons perfectly. Have fun van shopping
February 25th, 2013, 11:48 AM
May 2013 Cohost
I hate it when all of a sudden new expenses pop up. They seem to happen all at once, too. Maybe up you can find a good deal on a used mini van?
February 25th, 2013, 12:33 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
is this your family's only car? If not, maybe you both have to drive places. It's certainly not convenient but it's less than buying a different car.
February 25th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kary4 View Post
I hate it when all of a sudden new expenses pop up. They seem to happen all at once, too. Maybe up you can find a good deal on a used mini van?

Or even a new one. Paying off a loan every month is a better investment than paying a lease... at least you get something to show for it in the end. This is one of the best sites for looking up info on used cars... I'd find one ~3 years old with the best consumer review. Used Minivan Center — Edmunds.com (there's the page to start looking specifically for minivans)
February 25th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are upgrading soon to a 15 passenger van......we are selling our 12 passenger, that would give you plenty of room

Hope you find something that works.

February 25th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingmyfamily8 View Post
I know leases are different than loans but we had 3 more years left on our loan. We pay about 50.00 more a month for the Traverse. It fits 2 boosters and 2 Britax Marathons perfectly. Have fun van shopping
If we get a van we'll end up paying about $150.00 more a month. Hubby already has it picked out...who know's he might come home with one today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kary4 View Post
Ya, it always happends at the wrong time...that's why there is never a "right" time for anything...cause you never know what will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheaimedved View Post
Or even a new one. Paying off a loan every month is a better investment than paying a lease... at least you get something to show for it in the end. This is one of the best sites for looking up info on used cars... I'd find one ~3 years old with the best consumer review. Used Minivan Center — Edmunds.com (there's the page to start looking specifically for minivans)
We can only do a lease...in the end it's ours anyways. I'm in canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheaimedved View Post
We can only do a lease...in the end it's ours anyways. I'm in canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by markswife View Post
is this your family's only car? If not, maybe you both have to drive places. It's certainly not convenient but it's less than buying a different car.
Yes it is our only car, i don't drive.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search