Pets and Pregnancy

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Themrs0523's Avatar Super Mommy
Has anyone noticed a change in their dogs behavior in the last few weeks?

My dog has become very attentive and he wants to lay next to my belly or me at all times.

Today I was trying to take a bath and he just sat outside the bathtub crying bc he was not close enough to me.

February 25th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Awe your dog is adorable!!!

Oh yes! From the moment I found out I was expecting my dog decided he was going to get all my attention while he can. Although I did treat him as if though he was my child and I spoiled him. Since I started showing he sleeps with me. He waits by the door when I'm home and he waits by each door way for me to tell him it's okay to come in.i think they just know there's more to love and protect now.
February 25th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Ltem45
My terrier is going to be so jealous when the baby gets here. He wants all of my attention. I can't even use the bathroom by myself. I think our puppy will love baby.
February 25th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Yes we spoil little Odie way too much! I joke that he is going to be just as bad as any older sibling. He will need lots of love and attention after Peyton gets here so that he does not feel left out. He is a rescue dog so he already suffers from separation anxiety. When we first got him, he ate our sofa one day when we went somewhere without him! Lol, lucky it was when we were first married and only paid like $50 for it
February 25th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I honestly believe that my cat knew I was pregnant before I did. She has always LOVED my husband, but rarely will cuddle close to me. but she totally flipped. She started cuddling close to me all the time. Now she loves spending time with me, which makes me a little sad because I know that my attentions will be changing when baby arrives!

February 25th, 2013, 06:56 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel terrible for how neglected our cats are now that DD is here. They hate her. She is so rough with them and chases them all over the place. They hide until she goes to bed and then they want to snuggle. usually I'm so tired and just done taking care of other things at that point that I just want to be left alone. Poor babies.
February 26th, 2013, 04:16 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
So funny you mentioned this! I was just talking to my husband about this as well. I have a little 3 pound lap dog and she wont leave my side. She always lays next to my belly and when anyone walks over to me it being my kids or my husband she jumps up and barks at them. She also follows me around the house and always wants to be with me. She has been extra b****y lately and overprotective of me. Funny how dogs know these things.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
February 26th, 2013, 05:44 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't noticed any difference. I have an old Boston Terrier who is always so lovable and cuddly so no change there
February 26th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Sapphera's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I honestly haven't noticed any changes in our animals either... we have a cat that has always been standoffish, one that isn't happy unless she's on you, and a dog that loves to snuggle in the mornings, but never any other time of day - but always has to be following me around (but that's been since we got him).
WTTC #2
February 26th, 2013, 08:14 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Oh my...Odie is darling. Does he have some dachshund in him? He looks to have a dachsie nose and body shape from that pic. Adorable!

But my dogs are used to this song and dance by now. Since we have five, they all react different. Two don't act different at all. One of them becomes more of my dog, when she is usually all about daddy. And the other two seem more interested in me, but not anything that someone would notice. The one who strongly notices will follow me around and whine if I close a door or something. And it's funny because she is our only female who has not had pups. We have two males, two females who are spayed after having puppies (one had one litter, one had two), and then our unfixed female who hasn't had any babies yet. And she is the one who pays attention to me. I wonder if it's hormonal The two males are the ones who notice but dont seem to go nuts with it. The other two females don't seem to care. Lol. But one is not very bright and one is too energetic to care.
February 26th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Lol! It's funny how they are all so different!

Yes Odie is a chiwenie... Or at least that's what we think. Let me tell you, house training him was a daily battle. Dashchund and chihuahua mentalities in one dog.. Ugh, glad that is behind us. He is the most loving, sweet dog I have ever met though and I am so glad we were able to rescue him from a very bad situation.
February 26th, 2013, 12:04 PM
CooleyBaby1's Avatar Regular
I have noticed a huge change in my dog. She is a black lab, who still has some puppy in her so she has been crazy hyper until the last couple of months. She doesn’t ever jump on me anymore, which used to be an hourly occurrence. She also sleeps with her head on my belly now. Our baby actually kicked her head when she was squishing my belly the other night. He must of felt her in his space. Lol. And my mother in law was trying to feel my belly and talk to the baby the other night and our dog got between me and her and tried to bite at her hand. She must be getting protective of “her” baby!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search