pelvic pain? preterm labor

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By Sweetpea24
  • 2 Post By 4 boys
  • 1 Post By Rhonda66
  • 1 Post By Ltem45
  • 1 Post By rheaimedved

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Ltem45
Monday was my glucose test. I mentioned my pelvic pain to the ma, but never got follow up. I had mentioned this pain at my last appt., basically told a part of pregnancy. It hurts to bend to put shoes on. It feels like my son is standing up inside of me stomping. I looked online and I think I have SPD or PSD don't remember the acronym. But when I looked online pelvic pain is related to preterm labor. I have no cramping, nausea etc. So I don't know what to do.
February 27th, 2013, 08:48 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Can you call your doctor/OB and be more specific about the pain? Maybe you can get a straight answer from them. It's so hard to know sometimes which pain we're supposed to just suffer through and what kind of pain we're supposed to pay attention to. You could always go into the hospital to get checked out, if you're concerned.
TeeCee likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
February 27th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have pain too down there when i go to put shoes on, or pants, or just bend down, or getting out of bed/turning over ect . It's cause baby is low, and if that's the pain you are talking about it's very normal at the end of pregnancy.
Skimboardin Mama likes this.

February 27th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like it could be SPD or PGP. If it is, then it isn't related to preterm labor. Just something to deal with.
February 27th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a lot of pubic pain (SPD-- symphisis pubic dysfunction) and it's awful. My chiropractor said she had it really bad during pregnancy, too.

I agree about being more specific about the pain when you talk to your doctor, and also ask if there's anything you can do about it. My OB referred me to a chiropractor and it's helped a little (it's only been a week). They also give you a lot of advice about what to avoid and stretches that can help (hip flexor, hips--specifically "pigeon pose"--, and IT band stretches). In general, keep your legs together as much as possible... sit down in your car with both feet on the ground and swivel both legs in together, same thing with getting in and out of bed; sit with good back support and posture, don't sit cross-legged or with one leg tucked under the other, etc..

Given that pelvic pain is really common in pregnancy, it's probably not early labor. But definitely address this directly with your doctor/midwife.
February 27th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Super Mommy
I posted about this last week, I think. I had terrible pain down there in addition to cramping-- I thought baby was coming. Went to L&D, they said it was "normal" and that unless there is bleeding, then I should not worry.
February 27th, 2013, 02:38 PM
BriLandy's Avatar Veteran
I had a random twinge of pain when I laughed yesterday, I was wondering if that was normal or not... sounds like it's a part of pregnancy.

Baby girl, due May 18th, 2013.

Bri
February 27th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had constant pain and severe pressure the whole third trimester with DS. My water broke the night before mt EDD. I dont think it always means pre term labor. For me it was just the babys head constantly pushing very low on my curvix.

February 27th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My OB said pretty much all the pain down there is normal and to call if I'm actually having contractions that are regular (because Braxton Hicks contractions are also normal and though they feel like contractions she said they won't be regular like real contractions). She said to especially call right away if I feel regular contractions and pressure in my bottom. She also said to call if there is any bleeding. I am downright uncomfortable now, sleeping is a real *****, this baby is sooo low, forget about bending over to put on shoes, I had to go buy a pair I can just slip into lol - and it's only going to get worse the next 2 months!
EverydayJoy likes this.
February 27th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Ltem45
Thanks for all the information. I think I will look into a chiropractor. I should not Google pelvic pain that is when I saw all these stories of women ignoring the pain and it turning into labor. I can feel him kick and I have not had any contractions. I am waddling so bad now it is embaressing.
rheaimedved likes this.
February 27th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltem45 View Post
Thanks for all the information. I think I will look into a chiropractor. I should not Google pelvic pain that is when I saw all these stories of women ignoring the pain and it turning into labor. I can feel him kick and I have not had any contractions. I am waddling so bad now it is embaressing.
Try to get a referral from your doctor or find one that has experience working with pregnant women. Good luck!
Skimboardin Mama likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search