How are you measuring? Big, small? Average?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2013, 01:07 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Just wondering.

This is my first pregnancy where baby is measuring on track on the ultrasounds (within a day of my EDD) and my fundal height is within an inch of where it "should" be (aka: 27 at 26 weeks).

With both of my boys I was measuring a good 3-5 weeks ahead by now and was having growth sonograms because they were big babies and I had a lot of fluid.

I always just thought that was how I carried, but clearly it is possible for me to measure more "average." Watch this kid be the 10lber
EverydayJoy likes this.
February 27th, 2013, 01:37 PM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
I have always measured average, and have always had average size babies... I guess I am boring! hahhaha
But I think I look a lot bigger than a lot of women who are due when I'm due.. haha

February 27th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Liztastic's Avatar Super Mommy
I have always measured average to small, yet had average sized to big babies. I don't put a lot of weight on any of there "measurements". I'm better at guessing about how big my babies will be once I get closer to the end.

Mom to:
Madalynn Faith ~ 2001
Alala Love ~ 2004
Elle Rain ~ 2008
Tilly Moon ~ 2013
February 27th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My stomach was measured for the first time last week (29 weeks) and the nurse said it was right on schedule. I have a hard time believing fundal height measurements are very accurate (actually, there have been studies, there' s an error margin of +/- 4 weeks) so I generally disregard them. Based on all the ultrasounds I had earlier (up to week 20), he always seemed to be measuring a bit large (but my doctor never said anything; I just looked up "normal" CRL, femur lengths, head measurements, etc. for that week on my own and compared them).
February 27th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm average. And have been throughout this pregnancy.
I've measured about one week ahead but then a week later I was on track and so has baby.
February 27th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
Both my uterus and the baby are measuring within a day of my due date, but I look enormous because I have, like, no waist at all... I'm so short.
rheaimedved likes this.

My Boring Blog
February 27th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This is also my first pregnancy where I've measured normally the entire time. My previous 3 boys all measured ahead at some point and they were all 9.5+ lbs. Maybe I'll have an average sized baby this time! haha
February 27th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
3 weeks ahead consistently. If I'm still measuring 3 weeks ahead next week, they are sending me for an u/s to check the baby's size. Both my girls were just a bit over 8lbs.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
February 27th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Measuring a little ahead here. DS was 2 weeks early and over 8 pounds so maybe we're going for a repeat...
February 27th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Sapphera's Avatar NTNP Host
I'm right bang on for fundal height. I haven't had an ultrasound since 19 weeks though, so not sure on that - but I'll find out in 2 weeks
NTNP #2
February 27th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Brock's minion
Is it strange that I have no idea? My doc measures me at every appointment but hasn't mentioned anything.

Michelle
February 27th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Ltem45
Mrs. B I have no idea about my measurements either. I didn't even know my blood type Monday and they looked it up for me.
Mrsbowbin likes this.
February 27th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Brock's minion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltem45 View Post
Mrs. B I have no idea about my measurements either. I didn't even know my blood type Monday and they looked it up for me.
Funny I don't know mine either....

Michelle
February 27th, 2013, 08:29 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
this baby has measured exactly on track in every ultrasound down to the day. It's crazy. DD was always a couple days behind. It gives me hope that I might go early this time!
February 28th, 2013, 12:32 AM
usnwifey9's Avatar Veteran
Currently both my belly and baby are measuring "large" (almost 2wks ahead), but I was 3 days BEHIND at my first u/s at 10wks and then 3 days AHEAD at my 19wk u/s. Who knows what's going on! DS was born about 2wks early, though, so perhaps this little one is just following suit ;P.

February 28th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Veteran
I have measured 4cm ahead at last 2 app'ts but the u/s showed he's measuring right around where he should be, maybe a tad big at appprox 4lbs right now.

February 28th, 2013, 05:55 AM
Kenzie's Avatar Photography Momma
I am measuring steadily a week ahead.
February 28th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think I am measuring right on target. The doctors don't always say when they do the measurements.
February 28th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Im measuring small but the baby is only measuring a few days behind.
February 28th, 2013, 08:07 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been measuring 2.5-3 weeks ahead on belly measurements consistently. I haven't heard whether at the ultrasound I had to check on the size of baby whether he turned out big or normal. I'll have to ask my doc next time. I got so tracked off on the kidney thing I forgot.

Ashlee, how big were your boys? Mind if I ask how you delivered? "Natural", induced, pain meds, Csection, etc...

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search