Baby Bath products

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Veteran
So I just curious what do all you current mamas use on your little ones for bath time? And all you FTM what products are you registering for? And why do you use it/want it? Because of the smell or it's cheap? Just curious and thought it would be fun!

I started out with Johnson & Johnson's baby products but they break my son out in a rash. Now I use Just Hatched for Babies. Wish they had nighttime products like J&J, love the smell of those! But the Just Hatched has a great smell themselves and are pretty cheap, plus the lotion makes DS skin so soft!

My BFF swears by the Disney Naturals with Winnie the Pooh on the front for her kids. She just loves the way it smells and both her kiddos love it too.

February 27th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Brock's minion
Burt's bees
Skimboardin Mama likes this.

Michelle
February 27th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't registered for any bath products... I'd encourage anyone wanting to use products like Johnson and Johnson to do their research into the ingredients and into the company themselves before registering and buying. I really like the Earth Mama brand, but am open to looking at any non toxic products. As far as I'm concerned Babies don't need soap until they can actually get dirty, especially on their super sensitive skin.
I already use non toxic soaps and shampoos for myself, and would be totally comfortable using the same products on baby, but I may purchase some baby specific products just to have.
Smell is nice, obviously I wouldn't want our soap smelling bad, but fragrance in most products is just a blanket term that covers all kinds of unregulated ingredients. I tend to avoid it, unless it's derived from natural/safe sources.

February 27th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Super Mommy
I LOVE Johnson and Johnson's new honey apple lotion! I hope they make it in a baby wash someday! Yummy!
February 27th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
we tend to use pretty natural bath products.. i guess my default would be burt's bees, and i'll look into others as the time gets closer.
February 27th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
I agree with crunchywannabe about looking into Johnson and Johnson and the other company they own, Aveeno. There's harmful things in their products as well as the equates. You can research beauty products and what's in them on this database: Skin Deep® Cosmetics Database | Environmental Working Group

We use Burt's Bees for now but am looking for something better. I'd also love to get suggestions on what to use for my husband and myself.

February 27th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I like the live clean brand...not the best, but it smells great!!! They have specific baby line that doesn't smell quite as good, but rates 1 and 2s on the EWG website...

February 27th, 2013, 11:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimboardin Mama View Post

We use Burt's Bees for now but am looking for something better. I'd also love to get suggestions on what to use for my husband and myself.
Hubby and I use this soap: All Natural Pure Olive Oil Bar Soap from Kiss My Face (rates a zero on the EWG website).
February 28th, 2013, 04:58 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
I love Johnson and Johnson. I've used it on both my other 2 and have never had a problem but thanks for the heads up, I will look into it now. I also love Baby Magic.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
February 28th, 2013, 05:04 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcperez View Post
I love Johnson and Johnson. I've used it on both my other 2 and have never had a problem but thanks for the heads up, I will look into it now. I also love Baby Magic.
Ok.. I found this.
Johnson & Johnson to phase out potentially harmful chemicals by 2015 - HealthPop - CBS News

Looks like I will be using something else. Funny, I never heard of this problem before?

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
February 28th, 2013, 05:05 AM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
We use J&J too... DS's skin is fine with it as far as I can tell. I just buy it because it's cheapest with coupons.

My Boring Blog
February 28th, 2013, 06:19 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm a FTM but I took my sister's advice and registered for Baby Magic. I didn't even think about potential harmful chemicals. I might have to do some research now to see if this is a good, safe brand.
February 28th, 2013, 06:42 AM
pressedfairie's Avatar Super Mommy
DS has sensitive skin, so we use Aveno products. The Aveno body wash smells nice and doesn't irritate his skin. They also have an Eczema Therapy cream that is awesome, especially in the wintertime when DS's skin is more prone to dryness.

Thank you peimum for my awesome siggy!
February 28th, 2013, 06:57 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I like an online line of bath stuff. I use their creams and butt paste and wool wash...so it's no it deal to tack on some body wash. They make fragrances with essential oils, so I can still get yummy smells without a bunch of stuff I don't know what it is.

I tried Burt's Bees with my oldest. It burned his skin I dunno what the heck happened, but I'll never touch their products again.
February 28th, 2013, 08:13 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My favorite I've used with DS was Kiss My Face Castile Soap. The fragrance was "Peace" and it was something like mint and lemongrass I think? It smelled sooo nice and was very very gentle with no bad for you stuff like sodium laureth sulfate. It was kind of an expensive buy ($10 for a bottle off Amazon) so I haven't bought more since I ran out. I currently use Jergens Extra Moisturizing hand soap. It seems pretty gentle and it does well on DS's skin.
I bought a bottle of Disney Cars bath wash for fun, then read the back of the bottle and it said not to allow prolonged contact with kids' skin or it can cause a rash or UTI, etc. UGH it's still just sitting on the countertop. I don't want to have to worry about how long he's in his bath and whether or not the soap I use will hurt him.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
February 28th, 2013, 08:47 AM
May 2013 Cohost
I use Johnson and Johnson bath and body wash, Aveeno no Frangrance Everyday Lotion, and occasionally some California Baby stuff. Love all of them!
March 1st, 2013, 08:32 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll probably stick to unscented Dove. I don't use shampoo on my hair or my son's hair because I only use water soluble all natural products on our hair. I make my own Shea butter moisturizer for our skin. I won't be buying or registering for any bath products or moisturizers.

Nichole
March 1st, 2013, 08:48 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we use Target's brand of shampoo. I'm still using a bottle of J&J that I got as a shower gift for DD who is now 2. That stuff lasts forever!
March 2nd, 2013, 12:50 PM
BriLandy's Avatar Veteran
Thanks for the information on Johnson's - I had no clue and that's the brand of products I have on my registry. I think I'll find a natural brand instead.

Baby girl, due May 18th, 2013.

Bri
March 2nd, 2013, 10:29 PM
Sweet_Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
Anyone ever heard of grins n giggles? My sister used to use it on my nephews and it smelled soo good. They made a vapor type one that would help baby breath and also a bedtime one. I wish I could find it

Kelsey Wife to Chris with 3 little gremlins and one on the way!!!
Jacob 08/09
Jesse 01/11
Johnny 04/13
Jaxon 07/14

"In MY world of PINK I am surrounded by BLUE!"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search