Your Journey Here

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree47Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
As I look through the "Am I Pregnant" "TTC" and other TTC forums I always wonder how I will tell my child my pregnancy journey and birth story.
But in an odd way I feel a bit guilty for getting pregnant so fast. No plans, No ideas, No clue... I even doubted my pregnancy and tried to ignore all my symptoms for weeks. But as I look through the womens TTC stories and month after month they get a BFN, I just want to tell them all how blessed their child will be once he or she is concieved and carried to term. Their babies are already loved and for some reason God doesnt grant these excited women their child. Crazy how that happens.
We see women who arent fit to be mothers and somehow God grants them to be so fertile. And gives them numerous children.
I feel guilty only because I fall into the section of some of these unfit people. God blessed me with such an amazing experience and I wasnt given the chance to be ready. But that doesnt make me love my child less, it makes me want to be a better person.. for my child and myself..

My child will hear my story as a young mother.

A young lady who was dedicated to school, to work, and to her loving family. Until she met a charming guy who knew how to make her feel wanted and gave her something to look forward to week after week till life hit them both and they were expecting their first child. at age 22 and 25, they were to know each other for life. All because one heated moment turned to a beautiful baby.
Not knowing what would happen next in life, just knowing that the next few months would test their strengths, love, dedication, and attention they decided that abortion was never an option and she would carry their child full term, even though she knew he wasnt ready and would eventually leave them to move on with life.
She didnt worry to much. She knew her purpose. She knew that her unborn child was the best thing to EVER happen to her. None of her educational accomplishments, her advancements in her career or her hard work made her as happy as that moment she heard a precious heartbeat. How could this little jelly bean steal her heart? How is it possible that she loves this tiny being? oh how she would protect this child night and day... As her pregnancy countdown was down to 10 weeks, slowly coming to an end, the father of her child still as absent as before, she sat down and took a good look back at her pregnancy. rubbed her belly and felt her baby kick within. She never realized just how lucky she is to be blessed with a child. Forced to face her fears and learn to accept an unplanned life. Until that moment she knew how much she grew up and would continue to grow with her child to be in her arms soon.

My pregnancy story isnt a TTC one. I wasnt thinking about children. But when youre faced with a challenge its best to step up to it.

We all have a story... how did you make it here?
February 28th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My DH and i started dating in Nov of 07 and by Feb 08 we were pregnant. We got married in July 08 and had our first baby in Oct 08, baby #2 was also unplanned and born 17 months later in May 10. This is our first planned for baby, after 2 losses together were finaly having our Rainbow baby. We will have been married 5 years this year and it has been a great but fast moving 5 years.
EverydayJoy and TeeCee like this.
February 28th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Sapphera's Avatar May 2013 Cohost
I don't know how much of the story I'll share with her - I haven't decided that yet. My own birth story is complicated and I was 19 by the time I learned the full extent of it... and Kaia's story is the complete opposite.

My birth story in a nutshell - I was the product of a one night stand on Valentine's Day.. my mom was 16 when she gave birth, my dad 18. My mom was being pressured into having an abortion, but instead she chose to give me life and put me up for adoption.

Kaia's is much different. When all the childhood dreams of wanting to be a teacher or a vet disappeared, all I wanted was to be a SAHM. I thought I would be married and have kids by the age of 25. When I turned 23 (2001), all that crashed down. I was diagnosed with PCOS and was given the stats of that time. I was told I would have a 5% chance of conceiving and a 10% chance of carrying to term. I was absolutely devestated and it took a long time for me to get over.

Then over the years, the stats changed as more and more research was done though I didn't keep up - I thought there wasn't a chance and didn't care. Then I met my hubby and suddenly I cared again. I did the research and found that things were a lot different when it came to fertility. We knew we would still need help and that it could be tough, but we wanted to try and see what happened. Even with the PCOS diagnosis, we had to go through almost 2 years of heartbreak before getting into the fertility clinic (yes, even though chances were slim to none, I still had hope each month). Thankfully, it only took 2 rounds of fertility drugs before I got that BFP.

With PCOS, I was still at higher risk to lose the baby (even though the pregnancy is not considered high risk) and I walked on eggshells well into the second trimester ... waiting for the hammer to drop. Thankfully, everything is going smooth and in just over 2 months she will be here..

For someone who thought she couldn't have kids for so long...she's really my miracle baby.
Michelle & David, Expecting #1 May 8 2013!!

February 28th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
wow, strong faith!
always a good sign.

Im soooo glad you decided to give it another chance... good for you!
February 28th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Beautiful stories ladies. Sorry for the novel.

Mine goes back to 2004 when I lived in Hawaii. I met Jeremy's best friend via Myspace. Jeremy tried talking to me online in 2004, but eventually I blew him off because I got a different boyfriend who things didn't work out with. I moved home and life moved on. Jeremy and our mutual friend were coming to CA to visit our friend's family in 2006 when they got home from a deployment. Jer contacted me and said he knew I was single and wanted to meet up with me in CA. We talked online for a few months before he got here and I surprised him at our friend's Welcome Home party.

Since then we've been almost inseparable. I moved back to Hawaii a few months later to make our relationship work. I lived in his dorm with him at the Air Force base and we moved back to CA when he separated from the military in 2007. We were married at 5pm on 6-7-8.

We conceived out first that October and experienced our first miscarriage. We were hesitant to TTC again but eventually did found out I was pregnant again exactly on our 1 year anniversary. We were told by 2 different docs that we miscarried her as well and when I showed up for a D&C, our doctor did an US and found that she was still alive and healthy! named her Kali Marie.

We planned this baby to be born right before DH graduated college so that he can hold both kids in his arms while in his cap and gown. We also considered the most beneficial time for me to give birth as a teacher was right before summer so that I get an extended time off with our LOs. We TTC a boy this time using the Shettles method and the Chinese calendar and we got lucky! Koa Ryan will be born the first week of May.

My story will also include of details on how proud I am of their father. He's the greatest guy EVER. His family life was awful and so he has no one but himself. His mom abandoned him and his brothers right after his 12th birthday. He was taken care of by an aunt in oklahoma until he was 12 but she only wanted him there for the money she received. He was basically treated like Harry Potter and even had a an overweight spoiled little cousin like potter. Jer joined the Air Force the first chance he got. One older brother has always been weird and is antisocial so they do not contact each other. The other is also older and barely making it. He does drugs and is not a very good brother. He also used us and really hurt DH and I last year. So DH pretty much cut him off too. I located his mom about a month after we got married, because he wanted me to, but unfortunately she had killed herself just several days after we were married.

Despite all this and more, Jer stayed on the straight and narrow. He's never done a drug in his life, became a Christian on his own, joined the military, and will graduate college in June. He's the most involved and loving dad ever and amazing husband too. Our little family is lucky to have him.
EverydayJoy and MrsNHigh like this.

February 28th, 2013, 10:53 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My story begins a little over a year ago when I was in my first trimester, and I miscarried that baby. I had never lost a baby before. My son was born with no problem and I had an uneventful pregnancy, so I didn't even consider the possibility I could lose that one.
When I lost the baby I almost lost my own life, but thanks to a perceptive hubby who is trained as an EMT, I got to the hospital before I lost too much blood. Ended up with a blood clot in my lung and the recovery was slow and difficult.
Now I have my rainbow baby whom I treasure very much. Losing one did make me appreciate this little life more than I might have otherwise, I believe. I still don't know the purpose behind the loss but I am grateful to be here for my husband and son and to be carrying a sweet little one inside.
Skimboardin Mama likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
February 28th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
This baby's story is... well... complicated. He was a surprise. I had been saving up to get a Mirena IUD, had a two really weird periods at the end of July/beginning of August and again in the middle of August. I have no clue when I ovulated to get pregnant with this one. So I was really upset, having wanted my children to be 3-4 years apart in age. I had some issues with gender disappointment when I found out he was a boy since we've only ever wanted two kiddos, so I wouldn't get to be a mom to a daughter. Then immediately after I found out the gender and was coming to terms, I started hemorrhaging. Can't tell you how much I regret spending my first and half of my second trimester being resentful of the timing and disappointed that he was another boy.

However terrifying the whole ordeal with the SCH has been, it certainly served a purpose in making me realize what a stupid person I was being and how selfish my mindset was. He's going to be one amazing kid and he's definitely a fighter.

My Boring Blog
February 28th, 2013, 12:37 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I can relate to your story on many levels TeeCee.

The tale of my first son was much like yours is now. I was a 24-year-old enjoying a "new life" after spending so much time battling anorexia and finding a way to be absolutely comfortable with myself and who I want to become. I was going to school for drug counseling, something I felt called to because of my history of knowing how an addiction feels. I was "dating" and enjoying my fairly-carefree life. When I popped up with a UTI. Not uncommon for me, got some meds, continued my birth control, used additional protection during the time I was on antibiotics even though docs thought it was pretty unlikely that I would conceive naturally (damage to my ovaries was a side-effect of the anorexia and I was still not menstruating normally even while on the pill and having been healthy for two years).

I stopped the extra protection when I stopped the antibiotics (full round) and suspected something was "off" not even three weeks later. I waited an additional week to finally buy a test...which was obviously positive even though I was probably only about 10-11DPO (based on later sonograms). I was terrified to tell my "dating partner" (admittedly, we were not in a serious relationship at the time). He was wonderful. And that is where my story takes a different turn. I knew I would carry the baby and I offered him any or no involvement in his child's life. I knew I was capable and loved the baby even before I saw him on ultrasounds. But my "dating partner" quickly became my boyfriend...who then became my husband.

He was as shocked as I was by the whole thing...and it was hard. I won't lie, but my life changed so drastically. I always knew I wanted kids, but figured they would be years away, after marriage or even if I was still single. I figured there would be tons of planning and excitement and a lot less fear and uncertainty. I was even a nanny during my school days for years before I got preggo and was still slightly terrified to have a baby of my own. But he was the turning point in my life. He means so much to me...a little miracle, given we found out afterward about my blood clotting condition and how he was truly just meant to be here. He made me want to be a better person and I truly think he is what made the eating disorder "disappear" for good. I cant imagine spending time away from him like so many women i met in treatment who had kids. I just knew I wouldn't ever go back there. Our first year taught us all a lot about ourselves and was certainly no picnic. But it did make me realize how much I love being a mom.

Leading to the very uninteresting story of Josephine. Whose story is as simple as they come. We decided we wanted our kids close in age. We had been through the miscarriages and diagnosis of my blood clotting condition when we were trying for Kieran. We figured we would try for our third, and potentially last, baby when Kieran turned a year old (hoping it wouldn't take more than a year). I still wasn't getting regular periods, probably from breastfeeding, but we were active and I was monitoring my cycles as well as I could. I suspected we were already preggo about a week before Kierans first birthday. And was right. Little did I know there wouldnt be a loss, it wouldn't be a terrifying early pregnancy. It would be smooth and easy. And I still keep my fingers crossed that she gets here safe and sound in a couple months. I still have to pinch myself that she really is coming and will be part of our lives. I am often still scared something will happen and take her from me.

Super big thanks to Jaidynsmum for my cool siggy!
February 28th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The story of this baby:

I was sitting on a park bench with my husband while camping this past August, watching our four boys playing at the playground. I started having slight cramps and thought, "Holy cow, I'm ovulating." At that exact moment I knew that it was very possible that we had conceived (I was charting and I knew when everything happened). It doesn't seem significant, but that moment will always stand out in my mind as the moment this baby came to be.
February 28th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Our baby is number 10 for our family. We are believers and trust that God sends us the children He wants us to have. We have always been open to whatever He sends.

We now have 9 kids ages 12 on down and another little one in May. We feel very blessed. We are always provided for and God has woven an amazing life serving Him.

I'm 38 and we are still hoping for a few more blessings

February 28th, 2013, 05:30 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My husband and I have been married since June of 2007. I got pregnant with my son in February of 2008 unexpectedly. Easy breezy pregnancy. My husband joined the Army in 2010 and deployed for a year. We wanted to get pregnant again after he got back. Took until February of 2012 to happen. I lost that baby at 7 weeks. I didn't think it could happen to me, so I was completely shocked and devastated. I thought something was wrong with me, and I got really depressed. When I found out I was pregnant again in June, I was overjoyed. I wasn't broken like I thought, but 2 days later I started bleeding and knew it was happening again, so I knew for sure I was broken. I got depressed again. I would find myself getting anxious all the time and I found that coloring in coloring books was really the only thing to soothe me. I gave up the idea of having more babies. When my period was late in September, I knew I was pregnant. I didn't test at all. I just waited to lose this one too, but he stuck! It took a while for me to process that he was actually still there. I stopped freaking out and checking myself in the bathroom maybe 6 weeks ago. I'm soooo ready to meet my little miracle man and love him enough for all those I lost before him. He's my little survivor.

Nichole
February 28th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hubby and I met in July 2011, got married in Feb 2012, discussed the possibility of children in the beginning of the summer (specifically that we might start trying in the fall) but, as we started the immigration process, decided it would be better to wait until we were semi-settled in America, then found out I was pregnant on the first of September. Oops It was a surprise and I feel really unprepared, but we have a lot of support so I know things are going to be OK. Pregnancy hasn't been a great experience, although I know we're lucky that it was easier than harder to get pregnant (and stay that way) and the baby has been healthy every step of the way.
February 28th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Themrs0523's Avatar Super Mommy
My husband and I met in 2006 but did not start dating until a year later. We dated, got engaged and got married in 8 months... Married on 5-23-08. We are Christians and completely believe that God was behind our relationship and we knew almost instantly that we were meant to be. He was 24 and I was 20 when we got married. We decided we wanted the typical 5 year plan and we were so thankful for the years that we spend just the two of us. About a year and a half ago I really started to pressure him more about having kids. It has been my life long dream to be a mother. We prayed about it, spent long nights discussing everything and finally in June 2012 I stopped taking birth control. I was on Seasonique which is a 3 month cycle so they told me it would probably take that long for my body to readjust and be ready to conceive. Sure enough 3 months later we got out BFP! I pray every day for my little girl and we can not wait to meet her. This is the verse that will be over her crib:

"For this child I have prayed and the Lord has granted the desires of my heart" 1 Samuel 1:27
EverydayJoy and CooleyBaby1 like this.
March 1st, 2013, 01:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My first child was also unplanned me and my SO had only been dating a year hadn't talked about kids I missed my pill one time and found myself pregnant I was also in denial so didn't test until I was 8 wks it took me a while to decide to have my daughter I didn't think I was ready I was only 25 none of my friends had kids my SO is older 33 at the time but I knew he would be a great dad and I couldn't find any real reason not to have her I couldn't imagine life without her now
Fast forward 4 yrs and I desperately wanted another baby it took me a while to convince my SO but we started trying in august 2011 I thought I would get pregnant straight away since it was so easy with my daughter 12 months later after one chemical I still wasn't pregnant and terrified I couldnt have anymore kids u don't qualify for free fertility treatment here in the uk if u already have a child so I couldn't imagine what we would do next month I tested early as always and got a really faint line after days of thinking were they evaps I got a def line on a frer the first 12wks until my scan were terrible wondering if the baby was okay he will be here in 9 wks and I can't wait to meet him I'm still scared if I don't feel him for a few hrs and worry something will happen but I try not to think like that I think cause it took so long to get pregnant I'm not sure if we will have anymore kids x

March 1st, 2013, 07:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you all for those who shared their stores. I really enjoyed reading ALL the amazing journeys.
some sad and some fairy tales. but no matter what, they are our stories and make us all who we are.

i am a strong believer in God. I do have my own religion being as I am native american but we were raised to pray to God as well, and I do believe that he gives us only what we can handle, and hes the only one who knows we can pull through.

all you ladies are wonderful, and i pray that all our pregnancies continue to be great and that we meet our beautiful babies in May!

Have a great day Mommies
March 1st, 2013, 09:12 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've enjoyed reading the stories too. Good thread, Nasha!
TeeCee likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 1st, 2013, 10:29 AM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
My sweet husband and I met when I was 18, and he was 21. We were both coming from a lot of bad mistakes. I actually met him because my parents couldn't handle me anymore. I was too rebellious so they sent me to live with my older sister (10 years older)
Anyway, I was into drugs, I was a high school drop out, lazy and laying around my parents house all day smoking. Staying out all night partying... sneaking out and so on.
my husband was in a bad "high school sweet heart" abusive relationship.
She was pretty much awful to him, and he was drawn to it because he had been a victim of abuse his whole life. This led to other issues in his life, no relationship with his family or church and anger problems. He eventually moved back into his parents basement, lost his job, dropping out of college and his life was pretty much awful.
After about 2 months of living with my sister I started to change my life. I found a relationship with God again. I decided never to go back to my parents, to stay away from old "friends" and bad habits.
I met my husband shortly after at a church dance.
I remember the second I saw him like it was yesterday, it was summer 2004 and I can even tell you what he was wearing.
He walked right up to me and we started to talk, we talked the whole night and I'm pretty sure it was love at first sight.
We dated for a few months, and he asked me to marry him Christmas 2004.
We later got Married October 2005.
We got pregnant the first time shortly after marriage, but lost our baby at 13 weeks.
Then after about 7 months or so we got pregnant with our first son.
We always said we wanted 4 kids, and now baby 4 is on the way,
Life is amazing, and we are so happy!
He is in the airforce as a dental assistant. He is also only a couple semesters away from his BA in biology. I am a stay at home mom, but a junior in college as well.
Overall I would have to say it was all meant to be. Seems like I love him more every day and the kids just bring us closer together as well
EverydayJoy and CooleyBaby1 like this.

March 1st, 2013, 01:38 PM
CooleyBaby1's Avatar Regular
My story is a little different than most, I am now 24 years old, and my husband will be 25 in a couple of weeks. We have been together for almost 10 years now. We started dating before our freshman year of high school back in 2003. We were instantly inseparable and did everything together. After high school we moved a couple hours from our families and into an apartment together and started our college life. We had a rough patch in our 2nd year of college and took a 3 month break. In all of the years we have been together that was the ONLY time we ever broke up. Being a part for 3 months made us both realize where we really wanted to be so we moved back in together and picked up right where we left off. He proposed in July 2011 and we got married September 1, 2012. For the past 5 years we have done nothing to prevent getting pregnant, I stopped taking birth control because it kept messing up my period and body. We weren’t trying, but we weren’t preventing it either. I had been to the doctor last year for some other issue and the doctor asked about our plan for children. We both knew we wanted them pretty soon, but wanted to wait until after the wedding. The doctor mentioned that one of us likely had a fertility issue because we had never got pregnant in those 5 years with no protection or prevention. The doc said after the wedding we should both get an exam so we could start a fertility process if necessary. From then on we were both worried that we would never get to have children. So, when our honeymoon hit on September 2nd we decided we would “try” like crazy and see what happened for us. And just a few weeks after returning from our cruise to the Bahamas we found out we were pregnant!!! We couldn’t be more excited to have been so lucky! We feel so blessed to have gotten pregnant on our own. We can’t wait for our little guy to get here in just a couple of months!!! My due date is May 31st, but if he is born on June 1st, it will be 9 months to the day of our wedding!
March 1st, 2013, 01:44 PM
My story is a little different than most, I am now 24 years old, and my husband will be 25 in a couple of weeks. We have been together for almost 10 years now. We started dating before our freshman year of high school back in 2003. We were instantly inseparable and did everything together. After high school we moved a couple hours from our families and into an apartment together and started our college life. We had a rough patch in our 2nd year of college and took a 3 month break. In all of the years we have been together that was the ONLY time we ever broke up. Being a part for 3 months made us both realize where we really wanted to be so we moved back in together and picked up right where we left off. He proposed in July 2011 and we got married September 1, 2012. For the past 5 years we have done nothing to prevent getting pregnant, I stopped taking birth control because it kept messing up my period and body. We weren’t trying, but we weren’t preventing it either. I had been to the doctor last year for some other issue and the doctor asked about our plan for children. We both knew we wanted them pretty soon, but wanted to wait until after the wedding. The doctor mentioned that one of us likely had a fertility issue because we had never got pregnant in those 5 years with no protection or prevention. The doc said after the wedding we should both get an exam so we could start a fertility process if necessary. From then on we were both worried that we would never get to have children. So, when our honeymoon hit on September 2nd we decided we would “try” like crazy and see what happened for us. And just a few weeks after returning from our cruise to the Bahamas we found out we were pregnant!!! We couldn’t be more excited to have been so lucky! We feel so blessed to have gotten pregnant on our own. We can’t wait for our little guy to get here in just a couple of months!!! My due date is May 31st, but if he is born on June 1st, it will be 9 months to the day of our wedding!
March 1st, 2013, 01:56 PM

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search