Pregancy Weight Gain Video

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By NewlyMrs
  • 1 Post By TeeCee
  • 1 Post By mommaerin

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2013, 08:20 AM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=qDWx-hRROAw

Hey ladies,

This is a great discussion on weight gain. Hoping you are all feeling fabulous. Our weight shouldn't be put into categories. Our bodies are unique and will give our babies what we need!
selenamdz and TeeCee like this.

February 28th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
wow, beyonce gained about 60 pounds during her pregnancy?!

okay that just proves it... shes a GOD!! lol

In my theory I think if you were small or big at the start of your pregnancy it pretty much balances on its own. also depending on how much of a health freak you were before pregnancy that can also play a huge role in how you feel during pregnancy.
I personally feel like anything more then 15 pounds gained in my pregnancy is so much. After losing 40 pounds before pregnancy the 13 pounds Ive put on so far still wont get me to my biggest size. I just feel sluggish. which is why Im headed back to my zumba class tomorrow. not to lose weight but to get my energy back.

seriously!! that video got me thinking...thanks for sharing!
EverydayJoy likes this.
February 28th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have basically the same attitude as she does. It's important, and it's not. I'm 30 weeks and have gained 42 () lbs... It seems to be holding stable for now, but I expect to gain more. I reason that the baby must need it, since I exercise and have a healthy diet, and I'm certainly not going to bother calorie counting while pregnant (hah! like I ever bother with that!). The majority of it came on between weeks 11 and 25, most of which I was on bed rest, so I mainly wonder how it would've been different under different circumstances.
February 28th, 2013, 10:47 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Very good video!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
February 28th, 2013, 03:22 PM
LabLover13's Avatar Veteran
This is a good video.

I have major anxiety about my weight gain so far...but then again, I've always had anxiety about my weight. I lost 30 pounds before getting pregnant in order to be healthier to start trying, and I've almost gained it all back (and I'm only 27 weeks). I think I'm 25 pounds so far. EEK. I've been trying really hard to eat healthfully; I'm a vegetarian, so my main focus is getting lots of protein in. Don't get me wrong, I will have a cookie if one is calling my name, but I haven't gone crazy. I think I had fast food once so far...and then beat myself up about it, so haven't done it again.

I keep waiting for my doctor to give me a lecture, but so far she hasn't. My next appointment is Wednesday, and I'm already mentally cringing...I gained about 8 pounds in 4 weeks and that's with me upping my walking and cutting out a lot of "treats"...so...ugh.
March 1st, 2013, 10:39 AM
usnwifey9's Avatar Veteran
Great video!

Being plus size to begin with, weight has always seemed to be a big issue during my pregnancies. I know when I was pg with DS I was advised not to gain more than 15-20lbs, I believe, but I totally overshot that and gained close to 40lbs by the time I delivered. Nevertheless DS was born healthy and just under 8lbs, and I lost all my pregnancy weight by my 6wk check up .

With this pregnancy, I started off 10lbs heavier than when I was pg with DS and my doc advised me to try not to gain more than 10-15lbs for the entire pregnancy . From the get go I was sure this was going to be impossible, but at 29wks I still have yet to put on 10lbs ;P. I will say I'm a lot more active this pregnancy than I was before, but I feel like I'm also obsessing over my weight more than before as well =/. Going back to the video, though, I'm starting to believe that your body will do what it has to do to keep your baby nourished regardless of how much weight you gain because DD is measuring almost 2wks ahead despite my less than 10lb gain so far. I guess the bottom line is do what you can to be sensible about what you eat, but ultimately your body will do what is necessary to keep your lil' one thriving in the womb .

March 1st, 2013, 04:20 PM
Veteran
Great video! I lost about 150lbs 6 years ago and have always been very aware of my weight. I am not super skinny and started pregnancy at a size 12 which I am very comfortable with. However, I have had a REALLY hard time accepting my weight gain so far. At my check up 2 weeks ago I had put on 34lbs by week 28. I had a cow. I started switching my lunches for more salads and healthy options and walking for 30 min a day. Nothing major. I still eat the sweet stuff when the mood hits me and certainly enjoy my food but have been trying to make wiser decisions about what I eat. Today I went in for my 30 week appointment and only gained 1lb since last time. This made me feel so good and I am encouraged that my healthy choices are making a difference. I am not trying to lose any weight while pregnant but my goal is not to go over 40lbs total.
LabLover13 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search