I give up.

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree26Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2013, 01:34 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm done trying to look pregnant. I am just going to accept the fact that my belly just doesn't want to get big and noticeable. I've been told by at least 10 people since last night that I don't look pregnant, asked am I sure I'm 30 weeks, and 1 person even asked if I had delivered already. Maybe I can buy one of the bumps from motherhood to make me look bigger. lol My shower is Saturday and my cousin who is a week ahead of me is supposed to be there. Seriously hoping people don't start comparing us. Just kind of depressed about the whole thing at the moment. Blah!
Mrsbowbin likes this.
February 28th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
pictures or i don't believe it

Also, I'm positive that's better than all the "are you sure you aren't growing twins in there" or "are you sure you're only xx weeks?!" comments others seem to be getting...
February 28th, 2013, 02:15 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have just started showing in the last two weeks or so. I get lots of people not believing that I'm due in 9 weeks. It's much better than hearing it must be twins or how much longer I have to go. I still understand that you want some time to look pregnant before it's all over. I think "borrowing" a pillow from Motherhood Maternity is a valid response to this problem!!
misty3281 and rheaimedved like this.
February 28th, 2013, 02:21 PM
haha yes ma'am!

Wearing the same clothes I was wearing at the time of the comments.

And yeah, I'm glad nobody thinks I'm huge and carrying twins, I just want to look the part before delivering.
February 28th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Awe
I look the same way when I wear regular tee shirts.
It's not till I put on a maternity shirt that I actually form a bump.
February 28th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok yeah, you aren't huge, but you do look pregnant... here's the thing: T-shirts are NOT a pregnant lady's friend! Wear a stretchy tank top to your shower. If you want to look the part, you need to start dressing the part
February 28th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Liztastic's Avatar Super Mommy
Or wear one of those "traditional" maternity tops that tie in the back. With my first DD I was TINY!! The comments do suck though!! Trust me, you will start showing VERY soon. You are right at the time were all baby does is gain weight, so you will start looking very pregnant in the next two weeks I bet
misty3281 likes this.

Mom to:
Madalynn Faith ~ 2001
Alala Love ~ 2004
Elle Rain ~ 2008
Tilly Moon ~ 2013
February 28th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Anything that has a tie under your bust or is fitted will make the difference between you looking definitely and questionably pregnant.
Ltem45 likes this.
February 28th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree about the t-shirts. Get some tie back maternity shirts that emphasize your belly, put on a smile, and you'll look like a happy pregnant woman

Also, first baby's just take awhile to show. I didn't even own a pair of maternity pants, just had a size or two bigger skirts and did fine. They'll all believe you in a few months when you are carrying around a baby

February 28th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just for you I made a comparison of t-shirt vs no shirt (ok, I'm not advocating going to your baby shower topless). I'm almost 31 weeks:

Purrrrrrr likes this.
February 28th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Awww. Thanks. haha I do have maternity shirts that I wear, the tshirt is just what I had to wear for work. I bought a new shirt the other day for the shower I think will show it off. I tend to wear tank tops under all of my shirts to make it look rounder. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll post a pic after the shower to show what I made it look like. lol
rheaimedved likes this.
February 28th, 2013, 05:13 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Whatever! :-p I'm large and thinking about the weight loss.

Nichole
February 28th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Veteran
I think your baby bump is adorable, anyone that asks questions about your belly deserves a smarta** answer!

And who knows, going to your shower topless may get you more gifts!
EverydayJoy and rheaimedved like this.

March 1st, 2013, 01:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've also only really starting showing in the last few weeks and now I keep getting comments saying oh ur getting big as if I didn't know don't know what comment is worse I personally don't think I'm that big for nearly 31 wks x

March 1st, 2013, 02:40 AM
I can only imagine how many people would have to have corrective eye surgery if I showed up topless! Not to mention if heaven forbid one of these gigantic boobs accidentally had a "wardrobe malfunction". It could put an eye out. haha
EverydayJoy likes this.
March 1st, 2013, 04:57 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
I exploded the past 2 weeks. This is your first right? Its normal. Any day now you will all of a sudden POP! Up until about 3weeks ago I was getting the same comments as you. Now, Im getting, "WOW, you POPPED all of a sudden!"and this is my 3rd!

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
March 1st, 2013, 05:31 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are you tall? I am 5'9 and only really started to look obvious pregnant in the last few weeks. I understand the anxiousness of just wanting that belly to "pop"! And what I wear really makes a big difference. Stretchy maternity shirts are the best at showing off the bump!
March 1st, 2013, 07:18 AM
Yes this is my first, and I only wish I was tall. I'm all of 5'5", shortest person in my family.
rheaimedved likes this.
March 1st, 2013, 07:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
this is my first as well, and i was super anxious to get my belly going... its slowly coming out and "wow" is it pretty different. enjoy this time you have not worrying about bending over and getting dizzy, or feeling like you just squished the baby completely.
since my belly has come out it feels great looking pregnant but it also comes with the extra front weight and the clothes (shirts) only get bigger! lol
March 1st, 2013, 08:46 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Your baby must just be hiding! I hope that you start to show nicely soon. Isn't it funny how we all "worry" about our belly appearance? It's too small, it's too big, it's not shaped right...too bad those around us can't just keep their mouths shut and tell us we look beautiful!!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search