Hiccups and Sharp Body Parts

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 2 Post By usnwifey9
  • 1 Post By kurly
  • 1 Post By markswife

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2013, 10:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Two questions in one thread:

1. Does anyone else's baby NOT get hiccups? Or maybe you just don't notice them? I remember feeling them with my boys but this one doesn't seem to get them.

2. Does anyone else experience pain or unusual discomfort from baby's body parts scraping along your insides? I don't know if this kid has super sharp elbows or what, but sometimes it's rather alarming how uncomfortable its movements are.

Please make me feel better.
March 1st, 2013, 10:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
1) I've only just starting feeling hiccups in the last (30th) week
2) I feel movement all throughout the day, but (probably) because of the anterior placenta, it's all pretty subtle. My parents describe being able to see body parts dashing across my mom's stomach. The most I get is a foot lodged under my ribs when I'm sitting down occasionally. Awesome.
March 1st, 2013, 10:58 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have not felt one episode of hiccups with this baby. With DS it was only a few times the whole pregnancy, so I'm not worried.

Yes sometimes I have felt like "Ouch!" because baby was pushing so hard from the inside with an elbow, knee or foot or something. It was like, "Sheesh, don't come out that way, please!"
rheaimedved likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 1st, 2013, 11:32 PM
usnwifey9's Avatar Veteran
I also felt hiccups all the time when I was pg w/ DS, but I think there has only been one time so far in this pregnancy that I thought *maybe* the baby was hiccuping and that was maybe last week.

As far as feeling pain with baby's movements, it's usually just a strong but dull bump to somewhere on the inside of my belly but just recently I've experienced strange sharp pains on occasion when she moves. Just the other night, I think I scared the crap out of her with some music and she punched me HARD in what felt like my cervix lol. Needless to say, I won't be doing that again .
markswife and EverydayJoy like this.

March 2nd, 2013, 07:26 AM
pressedfairie's Avatar Super Mommy
DS got the hiccups pretty much daily. This baby - not so much. If she is getting them, they don't last long enough for me to notice that they're hiccups.

This baby moves around a lot more than my son did, and yes, I feel sharp jabs daily that are actually quite painful sometimes. For some reason, it feels like she doesn't have enough room in there already. Maybe it's because this baby is transverse and positioned pretty high up. DS was head down from week 20 on, and most of the pain I felt with him was on my cervix. I'm hoping that this baby's lack of room will prompt her to turn head down fairly soon!

Thank you peimum for my awesome siggy!
March 2nd, 2013, 07:50 AM
Super Mommy
31weeks and JUST felt hiccups last night for the first time. It was cool

And yes, mine's movement can be really painful as well. Feels like he's got a stick in there and all the sudden decides to jab me with it. Punk! Lol
EverydayJoy likes this.
March 2nd, 2013, 08:39 AM
Ltem45
I am FTM so I feel little movements that could be hiccups. I am not good at identifying what they are, just happy when I feel something.
Either his leg or arm likes to poke me in my left rib and it hurts as if I am extremely comstipated. Plus I think he is part of the reason for my pubic pain too.
I have only seen my stomach move once. I hope he starts moving more so I can actually see him and let my husband watch him move.
March 2nd, 2013, 09:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok, so maybe I just have no memory of when it's common to start feeling hiccups. Maybe it's too early.
March 2nd, 2013, 02:16 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hiccups are rhythmic bumps in the same spot over and over and over. This baby had them during our 3D ultrasound but I couldn't feel them at all. An anterior placenta is a bummer for feeling movement.

DD would wake me up daily at 5:30 by hooking her toes into my ribs and trying to roll over. It was torture and awful. This baby tries to poke things out my right side and she's hit my cervix a couple of times. It's still better than what her sister did to me.
rheaimedved likes this.
March 2nd, 2013, 05:25 PM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
yes...i have been feeling hiccups pretty much daily.

and yes...those jabs can be very uncomfortable! this morning this little person was jabbing something into my ribs! When its not my ribs, i feel like he's trying to punch his way through my cervix!

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
March 2nd, 2013, 07:32 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No hiccups. I think I felt them much earlier on...or maybe I'm just crazy! lol!

Carter's movements are sharp and piercing all the time. It's like he's boxing in there with a set of keys in his hands. I jump just about every time he kicks.

Nichole
March 2nd, 2013, 11:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
I can't distinguish between hiccups and the other random movements with this baby yet. I know what they felt like and DD had them all the time in the womb and once she was born too. I'm looking forward to feeling them though.

As for the sharp pains, YES! they stop me in my tracks. I feel them in many different places but the worst will be right in the lady bits! lol

March 3rd, 2013, 05:52 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm starting to feel the hiccups at least once a day. But, Friday was the first time that I was able to feel them without having my hand on my belly. Before that they were so light that unless my hand was at the right spot, I wouldn't of had a clue that it was happening.

I also have some "ouch" moments now when baby moves. It doesn't hurt much but doesn't exactly feel good either. The baby likes to put a foot(?) out, pushing up my belly and leaving it there. I have to then gently push it back down because it sure does not feel good!
March 3rd, 2013, 01:18 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No hiccups for me yet either!

March 3rd, 2013, 01:39 PM
Regular
1. I've been feeling the hiccups for maybe 3 or 4 weeks. I too have a anterior placenta which has limits feeling a lot.

2. I feel very low, very high and off the side mostly for kicks. The kicks in those places are fairly intense more often than not.
IUI Aug.17 / 20 million with 95% motilty after wash
Faint BFP 10 & 11dpiui
Beta#1 at 11dpiui: 24 / #2 at 13dpiui: 54 / #3 at 15dpiui: 107
U/S #1: Sept. 17th ~ 1 little jelly bean
Anatomy scan: Dec. 19th ~ It's a BOY!!

Born on his due date May 10th at 1:39pm weighing 8lbs 9oz & 22 inches long ~ VBAC#2

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search