Nesting setting in full force!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By rheaimedved
  • 2 Post By usnwifey9
  • 1 Post By usnwifey9
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By markswife
  • 1 Post By Skimboardin Mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2013, 10:18 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So I got the nesting bug...I think what it is more is that I hit 30 weeks and went, "Holy cow in 10 weeks this baby will be here!" So I got busy. I have started packing my hospital bag, started setting things aside for Ethan's bag, and have proceeded to organize all those pesky cupboards that you just shove stuff into because no one sees it. Like under the kitchen sink, the bathroom sinks, etc. I figured, well when baby gets here, I may have people helping me out around the house, and if they need to get into those places I want it to look halfway decent! It's looking pretty good. Course the regular chores need doing still, like vacuuming and cleaning the cat litter and the bathroom. Heh. But by golly, under the sink looks awesome! LOL

I also have started buying postpartum care items, like stool softener and Tucks, and maxi pads. It makes me feel so much better to know I have those. Oh and Lanolin cream, a box of disposable nursing pads (for when my milk comes in), and awhile back I made some washable flannel nursing pads. I should make some more I think. Plus I want to alter them just a smidge so that they are shaped more like a cup shape instead of flat. I tried them in my bra and they were a little lumpy as is.

Still need a nursing bra. I tried to take an old cami and turn it into a sort of nighttime sports bra type thing, but that's not working out so well. I think I need to just cave and buy something at the store. Have to wait a couple weeks for the next paycheck tho. That part is annoying (waiting to be able to get stuff) but I'm happy I at least have some stuff ready! If I get real antsy I can always make some cloth diapers in a newborn size, and even alter Ethan's plastic pants to be smaller since he doesn't use them anymore. Or use them to make the diapers an all-in-one style. Hmmm...

I am excited too because my baby shower is in two weeks, so I can plan better for what I'll need after that.

I also have an "appointment" to get the hospital tour of the birthing suite, have made a birth plan, and have discussed who will do what and when with my mom, DH and my doula. I checked out a few books on birthing from the library, including the Lamaze Complete Guide to Childbirth which I'm reading currently. It's really good so far!

Anyway sorry to ramble but I am just feeling happy to have these things done or in progress so that I don't feel totally unprepared when Baby arrives. Now we just need to name our little bundle. LOL

Oh PS I was going to ask, does anyone have the experience of having trouble sleeping/falling asleep in the hospital after baby's birth? I'm trying to decide if I should pack some Melatonin or Sleepy Time tea for my bag.
MrsLisaT and rheaimedved like this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 1st, 2013, 10:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayJoy View Post
Oh PS I was going to ask, does anyone have the experience of having trouble sleeping/falling asleep in the hospital after baby's birth? I'm trying to decide if I should pack some Melatonin or Sleepy Time tea for my bag.
I can't think of a reason NOT to take both, just in case.
EverydayJoy likes this.
March 1st, 2013, 10:27 PM
Themrs0523's Avatar Super Mommy
Probably a good plan. With the staff always checking in on you, you may be able to fall asleep but getting back to sleep after those checks will take some more work.
March 1st, 2013, 10:32 PM
Thanks. I don't know what they'd have available at the hospital, and I don't like having to take drugs for something I can take care of more gently. It can't hurt to pack it, and might help!

March 1st, 2013, 10:53 PM
usnwifey9's Avatar Veteran
I think just reading your post made me want to start nesting now, too, lol!

Actually I've slowly started the process now that our tax refund has finally come in and we have a little extra money to get more of the things we need . We just ordered a huge pack of diapers off Amazon the other day and it arrived this afternoon (soon to be joined by another huge pack of diapers as well as wipes), and tomorrow we'll be going out to look for a new dresser for our son after my 3D/4D scan (YaY!) so we can take back his old changing table/dresser and get it ready to be used for his sister . My baby shower is on Sunday, too, so depending on what we receive I can then start planning to buy all the things we didn't get and still need.

I haven't even started THINKING of packing my hospital bag, but it would probably be a good idea to consider sometime soon . As for the sleeping aids, I don't trust myself to use them unless I know someone is going to be wide awake to take care of DD while I'm out, so I probably won't bother bringing any with me ;P.
EverydayJoy and Mrsbowbin like this.

March 1st, 2013, 11:02 PM
Ahh I bet it feels good to have those diapers! I know I just want to run out and buy a whole bunch of newborn and size 1 diapers but I look at the price tag and kinda choke a little A little package of NB size dipes are like $10. I can get the same size package in my son's size 6 for half the price. Ugh. But at the same time, for the NB ones you want the good brand like Huggies or Pampers, because they are made so well and have that nice little notch for the umbilical cord. I forgot how expensive tiny baby diapers were! haha. Plus you need so many more of them than you do for a toddler.

March 1st, 2013, 11:25 PM
usnwifey9's Avatar Veteran
I know what you mean! A couple months ago, DH decided to glance at the price tag on a pack of diapers at the store and almost went into shock remembering how expensive those things are lol! Amazon seems to be pretty reasonable on their prices, though, given the HUGE amount of diapers in their packs (We ordered Pampers and there are 200+ diapers in each box), and if you sign up for their "Subscribe & Save" program you can get them for even cheaper. DH and I are going to see how long each box lasts us first, and then we'll see about setting up our subscription and frequency of deliveries . I have to say it's pretty nice to have diapers delivered to our front door, too ;P. We don't have to worry about driving out into town and looking like death after what I'm sure will be many nights of sleep deprivation lol.
EverydayJoy likes this.

March 2nd, 2013, 04:48 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Yes, reading your post reminded me of how un-prepared I am right now. I also have to wait to get things but I dont know how much longer I can do it. My shower is 3 weeks before my due date. Oh man! I think I will make a list today of what needs to be done and what I need to pack for the hospital. I am just too overwhelmed with what needs to be done.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
March 2nd, 2013, 07:25 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Please send the nesting bug over my way! I am having a horrible time getting motivated. It doesn't help that my reflux kicks in full gear starting about the time I leave work and lots of movement really agitates it. But, like I pointed out to DH this morning, I am going to be considered full term next month so we need to get our butts in gear. So far this morning I've cleared out the baby's room to get it ready to paint. I really want to have it painted and set up before my shower on the 16th. But, do you ever feel like you have so much to do that you don't know where to start so you just don't start? LOL, that is where I am right now!
March 2nd, 2013, 10:21 AM
Lisa, yes I sure have felt that way! I felt that way about doing stuff like reading the birthing books, calling the hospital with questions, and making a birth plan. I felt paralyzed because I was so anxious and worried about it, I couldn't get my head together. It helped to call my doula and pick her brain about it. I was feeling so nervous about a hospital birth that I was fantasizing about just giving birth at home. But for me that wouldn't be the best way to do it, my medical history is such that it would be best to deliver in a hospital. Anyway after I talked to her it helped calm my fears and give me an idea of what I needed to do. That got me going so I felt better and more empowered about the whole thing and ready to tackle more of the baby prepping. I think I was feeling like, if I just ignore the fact that this baby's birth is fast approaching, then maybe everything will work itself out on it's own.
Maybe if you made a list of everything you needed to do---while that can be a fearsome thing---it might help you to just start one thing and do that till it's done, then check it off your list so you can see what you've accomplished. Do you have any family or friends you can enlist to help you with painting or other stuff?

Jessica---I feel for you! It's so hard to feel prepared when you can't afford to go out and get those things you really want or feel you need! For me, I can at least comfort myself with knowing that even if all I had was diapers, I could do it. Baby could sleep in bed with us...etc etc...anyway. Thankfully newborn babies don't need a TON of stuff but at the same time...it feels so much better if we can have all those little things we feel we will need. I hope you can get some stuff soon!
MrsLisaT likes this.

March 2nd, 2013, 01:12 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would take them with you to the hospital just in case. I don't remember having any issues sleeping while at the hospital but it would be a bummer to be stuck there and wish you had them and you don't.
EverydayJoy likes this.
March 2nd, 2013, 10:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
I envy you!!!! I don't have the bug but hope it kicks in when I'm on spring break. I've been doing awesome in school and have straight A's on all my assignments and I've been helping DH train for applying for the highway patrol. DH has straight A's in his 4 classes too!

You've gotten so much done! I'll probably pack my bag at 32 weeks and start cleaning on Spring Break. I can't wait to be done with work. I've only got 2 weeks (20 work days) and I'm on maternity leave! I work for 2 weeks then get 2 weeks of spring break, then go back on for 2 weeks and then I'm DONE!!!!! it's going to fly by!
EverydayJoy likes this.

March 2nd, 2013, 11:42 PM
Nancy, if you and your DH are getting straight A's and you're working and all that....then that's where all your energy is going! You couldn't possibly have much leftover for nesting! Wait till you're done working and then go crazy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search