Third trimester workout?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By SunnyBunnyMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2013, 10:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I decided I would go back to my Zumba classes and increase my miles in walking. After finding out my baby is breeched I really want to move so baby can move too.

I'm laying in bed practically dead! Lol I felt like the scarecrow off of wizard of oz earlier when I was getting out of my car. Haha
I hope to keep up my workouts.

Anyone have any good tips on how to breath during workouts and how fast your heart rate is suppose to be?

March 1st, 2013, 10:34 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hmm as for breathing I would say in through your nose, out through your mouth is what I've been taught is healthiest. Although if you have the pregnancy-induced stuffy nose that might not be possible. As for heart rate, I dunno on that, maybe check it with your doctor?
Good for you for getting out there and exercising. Some people say they feel less tired when they exercise regularly. Maybe it will work out that way for you!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 2nd, 2013, 08:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Try looking around for exercises to turn a breeched baby: https://www.google.com/search?q=exer...hrome&ie=UTF-8

When I first started working out again at around 23 weeks, I just regulated myself and slowed down if I was getting out of breath (I just use an elliptical). It helps you focus only on your breath (which can be hard if you're also trying to do choreography.. not a strong point of mine ) when you start to feel winded... the thing that always helps me the most is to focus on exhaling as much as possible.

As for heart rate, I don't think there are any restrictions: Exercise during pregnancy: Is heart rate a concern? - MayoClinic.com
March 2nd, 2013, 09:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy

I love Zumba! And the ppl who attend are wonderful in my class.
Surprisingly I was a bit nervous, after being gone for months but I picked up the new moves fast. Just amazed at how my joints have weakened. We worked on legs last night and whoa! Was I struggling. But I'm pushing to keep going. I definitely need it!

Thanks for the info
March 2nd, 2013, 05:42 PM
Super Mommy
Regarding heart-rate, with my first pregnancy, my midwives told me not to exceed 145. So I was always monitoring it.

But this time around, I don't care. I have been told by others (physicians) that as long as you can still breathe and not feel dizzy, the heart rate does not matter. The other day I increased the inclination and realized my heart rate went up to 196 so I immediately stopped. Now I mostly walk on the treadmill, it's still snowing out but haven't been able to do more than 25 minutes b/c my 18 month old keeps looking for me and always wants to join me so I stop. I do that every other day.

I also try to do prenatal exercises, there are plenty of good tutorials on youtube. Here are two that I have been doing almost every night:

Leg and Butt Workout, Prenatal Fitness, Class FitSugar - YouTube (back and butt)

10-Minute Arm Workout, Safe for Pregnancy, Class FitSugar - YouTube (arms)
rheaimedved and TeeCee like this.
March 2nd, 2013, 10:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Definitely in through your nose and out through your mouth, and never hold your breath because it raises your blood pressure, especially during weight training. Breath out when your muscles tighten and breathe in when you release or go back to the starting positions. Lots of people just recommend breathing normal too because then your form doesn't get compromised if you get out of breath during sets if you're doing any kind of strength training.

I can't wait to get back to the gym too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search