Team Green for next time?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By MrsLisaT
  • 1 Post By 4 boys
  • 1 Post By Skimboardin Mama
  • 2 Post By Counting our Blessings

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2013, 03:11 AM
Sweet_Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
Would you ever consider being team green on your next baby?

If we ever decided to try again I would love to be team green. If we had another boy I would be set on clothes but if it were a girl I wouldn't mind doing last minute shopping

Kelsey Wife to Chris with 3 little gremlins and one on the way!!!
Jacob 08/09
Jesse 01/11
Johnny 04/13
Jaxon 07/14

"In MY world of PINK I am surrounded by BLUE!"

March 2nd, 2013, 04:30 AM
Veteran
I never thought I could be on team green. It hasn't been as hard as i thought it would be. I even remained strong when I went to have my 3d ultrasound. If this baby is a boy we will be doing a lot of last minute shopping.
March 2nd, 2013, 06:32 AM
May 2013 Cohost
I was set on team green for this pregnancy, but was so afraid of disappointment at birth, that I decided to find out early. Glad I did bc I have that much more time to enjoy planning for my baby girl!
March 2nd, 2013, 07:00 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am team green this time! It is hard but exciting. I just wish I could shop for clothes now. While you can find gender neutral items, there sure isn't much out there and I really want to get either cute girly and boy stuff. I guess though that team green is helping me save money by not shopping!
EverydayJoy and Sweet_Mama like this.
March 2nd, 2013, 07:41 AM
Ltem45
Nope, I am a planner and impatient. I like to have everything organized and figured out. I like referring to my son by his name and it helps me bond with him. I think it is cool when people get the surprise on delivery day, but I don't have the patience.
March 2nd, 2013, 07:45 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Yep. I am dead set on team green if we have another. I wanted to do it this time, but DH wasn't totally on board and I thought the timing was good to reveal on Christmas. And I admit I have loved doing all the girly stuff beforehand. Not that it wouldn't be cool to do it after baby was here too. But I think it worked out well. And next time I will absolutely do team green. I want the experience of it. And I'll hve both boy and girl stuff to use. DH is fine with doing it next time. I think he will feel more prepared because we will have both sexes already. He is funky like that. Lol.
March 2nd, 2013, 08:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Nope, finding out the gender was absolutely the right choice for us! I feel much more prepared and way less anxious. I just dont have the need or desire to keep it a secret. But of course I respect women who don't want to find out. It's just not for us.

March 2nd, 2013, 08:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I guess I just don't really see the point of being team green so, no, probably wouldn't do it.
March 2nd, 2013, 10:09 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know for me personally I couldn't do it. I'm sure it would make for a sweet moment come birth-time though.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 2nd, 2013, 11:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've done it both ways and I'm team green this time after knowing what my last two were. I really wanted to find out, but I couldn't, so I'm not team green by choice.

But in a way, it's kind of fun to not know and it's not bothering me like I thought it would. Also, I have a strong feeling as to which gender it is, so I kind of feel like I "know" even though I don't really. And if I'm wrong, that will just make the birthday that much more exciting!
EverydayJoy likes this.
March 2nd, 2013, 11:32 AM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
I was team green for my first baby. I bought all gender-neutral play stuff, bedding, and a bunch of gender-neutral clothes. I was totally convinced he was a girl, hahaha. I enjoyed the suspense.

This time around, I wanted to know immediately because I still had all of DS's clothes and stuff. I wanted to know whether to go ahead and toss them or keep them.

My Boring Blog
March 2nd, 2013, 11:48 AM
BriLandy's Avatar Veteran
I don't think I could do that. I was so impatient to find out what gender my little one was that I kept asking my provider when I could find out. I agree with others that it's much more fun to be able to buy girly or boy oriented things, but I understand having a surprise would be fun too for some people.

Baby girl, due May 18th, 2013.

Bri
March 2nd, 2013, 12:47 PM
Brock's minion
Now that we have a neutral nursery set up and ready to go and will be better at dealing with a newborn after the first I would love to. My husband really wanted to this time but I couldn't. Next time my goal is to have that moment together.

Michelle
March 2nd, 2013, 01:03 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's an interesting idea to me but there is no way I could actually make it to the end on team green. This is most likely our last baby so I'll never be team green.
March 2nd, 2013, 10:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
I don't think I could do it! You team green mamas have so much will power!
EverydayJoy likes this.

March 5th, 2013, 12:46 PM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we ALMOST went green this time, and if they hadn't changed hospital policy we would be team green, but between this baby and my last baby they changed it so that they will tell you what you are having now. for my first two they wouldn't tell you and you had to pay for an elective scan, which we did.

the don't tell you during your scan, they put it in your file, but they didn't have to tell me, I could plainly see for myself what we were looking at.

we haven't publicly shared that we are having a boy on facebook but we do tell people who ask us in person. we also only share the name if asked, so a lot of people will be surprised in May.

March 5th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have been on team green for numbers 1,2, and 5

Personally, I won't do it again. Our family bonds a lot with "baby girl" and even though we have clothes for both, there is something calming and relaxing and even bonding about setting up the baby's stuff. We don't decide on a name until after they are born, and we meet them, so that's still a surprise, even for us. We go in with a list of about 25 and cross one off with each contraction and than have it pretty limited down to 5 or so by the time baby is born. Now, I really have more than 20 contractions, but it does pass the time while I pace
Purrrrrrr and EverydayJoy like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search