Pelvic pressure/ pain in my lady parts

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsNHigh
  • 1 Post By MrsNHigh
  • 1 Post By Ltem45
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 2 Post By MrsNHigh

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2013, 05:50 AM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Starting yesterday, I've been having some awful pelvic pressure. My lady parts and behind are most affected. It's not so much pain as pressure. I'm not having contractions or discharge or anything else that would indicate pre term labor. I know I have a baseball sized fibroid very close to my cervix and I've been feeling the baby down low, so maybe those combined are causing my problem. Is there any relief? Anything I can do? I want to do a handstand to make the baby move, but that's wrong on so many levels! Lol
rheaimedved likes this.

Nichole
March 3rd, 2013, 07:57 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish I could tell you some fabulous piece of advice, but I don't know of any

Would a hot pack (well, or warm) to the area help? An Epsom salts bath?

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 3rd, 2013, 08:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
all the pelvic pressure i've felt is definitely in the bone, and seeing a chiropractor has made a huge difference taking the pain from unbearable to completely manageable. Do you feel it all the time or just when doing certain things?

weirdly, i've also been feeling some pressure in my actual vagina (as opposed to my pubic bone) today, and it's really uncomfortable. so if you figure something out, let me know. =/

Last edited by rheaimedved; March 3rd, 2013 at 08:17 AM.
March 3rd, 2013, 09:23 AM
All the time since yesterday afternoon. It's making me worry about preterm labor. I know fibroids can cause them. I called labor and delivery, and the nurse said its probably due to the fibroid. I'll probably to go Ob sick call tomorrow morning just to be checked out.
rheaimedved likes this.

Nichole
March 3rd, 2013, 09:38 AM
Ltem45
Same problem here except I don't have a fibroid. I did read that our lady parts get swollen due to increased blood flow and we can also get vericose veins in that area. I am trying to put of going to the Dr. because when I mentioned pain before they just said it was part of pregnancy. I don't have weird discharge or cramping. I feel fine everywhere except in my left pelvin area. It didn't look swollen, but it hurts.
MrsNHigh likes this.
March 3rd, 2013, 09:53 AM
I also don't think I'm hydrated enough. I've been drinking water all morning to see if that helps. Baby boy has been moving and kicking all day long...like non-stop. I have an ultrasound on Tuesday perhaps they'll let me know something then.

Nichole
March 3rd, 2013, 10:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
ah, well if you're going in tuesday i'd probably just wait until then. vaginal pressure is normal in the 3rd trimester, so waiting an extra day (given that you have no symptoms of early labor) isn't going to hurt anything.
March 3rd, 2013, 02:39 PM
I realized that I feel like I did when I got my period. Lots of pressure down low, achy legs. When I have a bowel movement I lose a little white clump of mucous...that's bothering me. Ugh! I don't know what's going on.

Nichole
March 3rd, 2013, 02:45 PM
Nichole...I would go get checked out. That might have been your mucous plug.
Go get checked at the hospital just to be sure.
rheaimedved likes this.

March 3rd, 2013, 02:51 PM
PS be sure to let us know how you're doing!
rheaimedved likes this.

March 3rd, 2013, 02:58 PM
Ltem45
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsNHigh View Post
I realized that I feel like I did when I got my period. Lots of pressure down low, achy legs. When I have a bowel movement I lose a little white clump of mucous...that's bothering me. Ugh! I don't know what's going on.
Nichole, definitely get that checked out. I have not had that symptom and it sounds scary. It is better to be safe than sorry. I hope everything turns out ok.
March 3rd, 2013, 03:33 PM
I'll go to sick call tomorrow at 730am. The response I got from the labor and delivery nurse seemed like there wasn't anything wrong, but I feel like something is wrong.

Nichole
March 3rd, 2013, 03:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
changes in discharge could definitely be a reason to get checked out. and ditto what joy said, keep us posted
March 3rd, 2013, 05:57 PM
If you just called and got that response, I would instead just show up there at L&D and then they have to check you. Go with your gut instinct--if you feel like something is wrong, then go in. The L&D nurse can't possibly know whether it's ok or not just by talking to you on the phone. I would follow your instincts on this.

March 3rd, 2013, 08:20 PM
After being in bed all day today, the pain and pressure is letting up some. I'm still going to be at the Ob clinic bright and early tomorrow morning. The severity has let up considerably.
EverydayJoy and rheaimedved like this.

Nichole

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search