Lamaze

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By Mrsbowbin
  • 1 Post By pressedfairie
  • 3 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By Sapphera

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Brock's minion
Hi ladies. Tonight my husband and I are headed to our second of three Lamaze classes. As it turns out the breathing is just one part of what we are learning. As FTP we are learning a lot about what to expect during delivery and what happens when each thing goes wrong. I will say we both are finding it a little romantic. At the end of class we light our candle and lay together to practice breathing for about half an hour. The experience has made my hubs so excited about being my birth coach and we are both like giddy teenagers after. Can't ask for too much more from a free class....oh and they give us snacks and prizes

Michelle

Last edited by Mrsbowbin; March 5th, 2013 at 12:53 AM.
March 4th, 2013, 04:18 PM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Awww...When I went with my first I felt the same way. It's a nice experience for a couple. Even if it doesnt work in the end, it still is nice bonding with the hubby and being informed.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
March 4th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Interesting! I'm planning to do a Lamaze class at my hospital starting a little later in the month, curious to see what all is there. My parents did one and enjoyed it, but my dad said the main thing it was good for was (1) making friends and (2) getting a recommendation for a good OB (they had moved when my mom was about 5 months pregnant). I could definitely use some ideas on what to expect and also that hospital tour they promise
March 4th, 2013, 05:52 PM
pressedfairie's Avatar Super Mommy
That's great that you and your husband can have this time together. When I was pregnant with DS, I dragged DH to a one-day class at the hospital, and it was informational, but he totally wasn't into it. He gets freaked out by anything medical, so needless to say, he was not an ideal birth partner. I'm still considering getting a doula this time around.
Mrsbowbin likes this.

Thank you peimum for my awesome siggy!
March 4th, 2013, 07:16 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm going to have a doula and I'm really glad. Even though my hubby is great under crises, he has worked as an EMT so he's not freaked out by blood, still it's nice to have someone who is trained to support you during labor.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 5th, 2013, 05:58 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Quote:
Originally Posted by pressedfairie View Post
That's great that you and your husband can have this time together. When I was pregnant with DS, I dragged DH to a one-day class at the hospital, and it was informational, but he totally wasn't into it. He gets freaked out by anything medical, so needless to say, he was not an ideal birth partner. I'm still considering getting a doula this time around.
With my first my husband stunk during the time I was in labor. LOL...he was totally freaked out by the whole experience and to see me in that much pain. He literally just stood in the corner and watched in horror. I kept asking him to do something...anything! I never let him live that down after that. With my second he was so much better and much more attentive! Maybe this time around your husband will be better?

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
March 5th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcperez View Post
With my first my husband stunk during the time I was in labor. LOL...he was totally freaked out by the whole experience and to see me in that much pain. He literally just stood in the corner and watched in horror. I kept asking him to do something...anything! I never let him live that down after that. With my second he was so much better and much more attentive! Maybe this time around your husband will be better?
LOL sounds like your husband should have watched a few births on video before the big day! Haha. I can imagine if I'd never seen birth before, I'd be pretty horrified too, unless I knew what to expect. Luckily when you're the one doing it, you are sort of floating in your own little world, so you don't notice so much

March 5th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Sapphera's Avatar NTNP Host
I'm one of the lucky ones that gets to warn the staff that DH is most likely to be a fainter.. LOL.. even TALKING of anything medical (like the stitches I got for the dog bite) makes him go pale. Not sure how he's going to handle it in the hospital..LOL.

That being said.. no classes for us. The only classes with room available start about 2 weeks before my due date and they're 6 week classes.. so..not gonna happen for us.. we'll be winging it!
Mrsbowbin likes this.
NTNP #2
March 5th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Michelle...LOL...my sister is a fainter too, at the sight of blood. Her son went in to have his tonsils taken out at 3 years old, and when she saw him in the recovery room, he had a little bit of blood on the corner of his mouth. She went down, crash! on the floor. Too funny to me! For whatever reason blood doesn't bother me at all.

Hey if you do have to wing it, may I recommend getting a couple books from the library about birthing? One I've liked well is "The Official Lamaze Guide: Giving Birth With Confidence." I'm still reading it but it sounds like good information so far. There's even an "Idiot's Guide" to childbirth. haha. It can help to know what's ahead!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search