And it was better !

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree29Likes
  • 8 Post By TeeCee
  • 4 Post By rheaimedved
  • 3 Post By TeeCee
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By TeeCee
  • 1 Post By jcperez
  • 2 Post By Purrrrrrr
  • 1 Post By kary4
  • 4 Post By TeeCee
  • 2 Post By Counting our Blessings
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By TeeCee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So after such an eventful day yesterday. All my issues with the appointment and my car I felt bummed all morning.
Till I got a call from baby's dad... Yes he found me at my parents house.
He pleaded I hear him out and after I took his call he said he was off work today.. HE HAS A JOB! Anyways.. He said he got paid and was hoping to take me out on a shopping day.
I told him I didn't have my car and his response was "I'll come get you, just be ready"
So I figured it had to be a set up.
NOPE! He came by. Had an apple pie from flying star for me and we headed to town. I had cash just in case I would pay for anything. We had lunch. Went to Motherhood. He bought me 2 pairs of pants, 2 Capri pants. And a few tops.
Then we headed to see a movie. He bought me the tub of popcorn, candy and an icee.
After the movie we went to another mall and he bought me flip flops, some comfy sweat pants and some lounge around shirts and bottoms.
SERIOUSLY THOUGHT I WAS DREAMING!
We went to dinner and had dessert.
BEST PART OF THE DAY... The mechanic called me and informed me that my car was fixed. It just needed a new battery. Well since we are friends of each others families he did it at NO CHARGE and a warranty on my battery!!
That's when I felt like I needed a nap.
I came home with new clothes, full belly and baby bouncing every where
And my car is back in my care sitting pretty outside!! I feel so blessed not to worry about car issues!

That was my rainbow after a storm
March 5th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I still don't trust him, but I'm glad it was a good day
March 5th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yea I don't either
I just really needed clothes! Lol
It's not wrong of me right?! Haha
March 5th, 2013, 09:17 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOW! What a great day! I say take the new clothes, the food and the popcorn and count it as paying you back for all you've done for him. Whether or not you want to let him stick around is your call. But you deserve it! He should be groveling after all he's done! Awesome news about the car too! Woohoo!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 5th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes I will
He's even planning on another shopping day this Friday.
It's all just new! I haven't been treated out like that in ages!! I was nice spending someone else's money and not feel bad about it.
I think baby is trying to get use to his voice. Baby was active all day.

As for my car... Oh I'm so happy I have it back. I have an appointment tomorrow so I can use it.
March 5th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Well enjoy the pampering! Because you're accepting it doesn't mean necessarily you're taking him back or something. You're just enjoying the attention.
As for Baby...probably just jumping around from the sugar in the Slurpee! lol. Or maybe just all your happy hormones floating around.
TeeCee likes this.

March 5th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nope, I'll take the gifts and nothing more. Although its good he finally has a job still doesn't mean he's ready for a family. And I expressed that earlier before left. I'm not wanting a relationship. And I'll always keep my guard up.

I think I'm still to thrilled about my car. You never appreciate something till you don't have it for awhile. Lol
EverydayJoy likes this.
March 6th, 2013, 04:26 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Hey....its a start I guess when it comes to this guy. Hope he sticks with it! Do some baby shopping next!
EverydayJoy likes this.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
March 6th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
I am thoroughly impressed that he's trying to do something right for you. I'm glad you had a really good day and I hope he makes good on his promise to take you out again to go shopping for you and the baby. Maybe somebody slapped some sense into him.
EverydayJoy and CooleyBaby1 like this.

My Boring Blog
March 6th, 2013, 06:01 AM
May 2013 Cohost
I'm worried you're getting sucked back in and he's going to hurt you again.
TeeCee likes this.
March 6th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I thought about this almost all night.
It really was to good to be true.

I can't be bought with clothes and material things.
I called him after a long night of thinking... Told him if he is true about proving himself to not just me but the baby, that he's ready for a responsibility then he has to prove it. More visits, more conversations, doctors appointments, keeping promises, keeping his job, no games... Basically a whole new person.
He agreed... But that's just his word. I gave him this month and next month to show major improvement.
My parents say if he shows nothing by the end of April then definitely he will not be around for the baby. Which I feel is okay.
I have an appointment this morning. Ill see if he shows up.

thanks kAry... I know what you mean
March 6th, 2013, 02:33 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Did he go to your appointment?

I am super skeptical that he will continue to follow through but I would have taken anything he wanted to offer, too. I agree that after everything he's put you through, a couple of outfits and some pampering is the least he could do. I hope this is the beginning of him putting in more effort and consistently being around.
March 6th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes he did show up
Surprisingly he was there before me.

My doctor informed him of my pregnancy

Then we heard the baby's heartbeat.
Afterwards we had lunch and talked about our intentions.
It was different to hear him talk like he was apart of my pregnancy. I guess I forgot if it wasn't for him there wouldn't be a baby.

After I headed to work and he's taking me to dinner tonight.
I'm crossing everything possible hoping its not a temporary thing.
March 6th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You have your head on straight, I'm proud of you. Hang on to your heart, just in case
EverydayJoy and TeeCee like this.

March 6th, 2013, 07:52 PM
I agree to the hang on to your heart sentiment.
Just keep in mind his past behavior and the fact that people don't change overnight.
TeeCee likes this.

March 7th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
thanks ladies...
we did have dinner last night..

i came home but ended up working on some homework and i brought some work home with me so i was consumed with all that.

dinner went well...
ill be busy the remainder of this week on to the weekend so i told him i wont have time for anything till next week for my next appointment.
we will see how communication proceeds. not so hopeful.. sadly.
but im fine, i got me some new pants and shirts, lol and my beautiful child will soon be here. i cant wait for that day!!
EverydayJoy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search