Perks?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
After my insurance was approved and Im finally going to have options to my delivery, I was curious to know what kind of pregnancy perks you all get?

If you get any perks from your hospital...

This one hospital has been contacting me since last week trying to get me to sign up at their hospital or at least agree to a tour.

Any pregnancy perks for mommy to be?
March 7th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Brock's minion
I have excellent insurance but have never heard of hospital perks...wonder if I'm missing out on something? Deliver one get the next half off?

Michelle
March 7th, 2013, 02:57 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsbowbin View Post
I have excellent insurance but have never heard of hospital perks...wonder if I'm missing out on something? Deliver one get the next half off?
As a bargain shopper, I would love that perk! I got my breast pump for free due to the insurance coverage so that was sweet. I don't remember any other "perks" though.
March 7th, 2013, 03:13 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Haha no perks here as far as I know of, although one perk is that my insurance has dental coverage for preggo women. So I'm getting my first dental checkup in a loooong time next week. Let's hope they don't tell me I need dental surgery or something lol.
Mrsbowbin likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 7th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Our hospital makes a steak dinner for the couple. While it isnt the best steak, it isnt that bad. I don't eat the hospital food any other meal while I am there. There is a chik-fil-a downstairs and it is our treat while there to get the mini biscuit things for breakfast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forum Runner
DS-Sully(4)
DS-Gus(2)

March 7th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
wow, i figured most hospitals had this..
i thought insurance was good enough for me but when i heard about the "perks" i was pretty interested.

The hospital I'll be at has a program called Baby Love..
Delivering at the hospital comes with a plan.

Before the baby is born there is free pregnancy yoga classes for expecant mommies. A support group for new moms. Mommy massages and you have your own personal doctor to see you through till after the baby is born.

After the baby is born there is a New Mommy Massage, speciall meals for me and a loved one, baby sleep wraps, babys first photos, car seat vocher for 300.00 to buy your own carry home seat for baby. Breast pump and so much more..

I have an appointment with them next week Thursday tp have a tour of there place. Also my doctor works closely with the hospital so it wont be a hassle switiching to the hospital.
March 7th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Brock's minion
Quote:
Originally Posted by branbran543 View Post
Our hospital makes a steak dinner for the couple. While it isnt the best steak, it isnt that bad. I don't eat the hospital food any other meal while I am there. There is a chik-fil-a downstairs and it is our treat while there to get the mini biscuit things for breakfast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forum Runner
Your hospital has a chik a fila downstairs? That's a major freakin perk!! For the record, I politically am 100% again their company and what they stand for, but since I've been pregnant I can't get enough.
My name is Michelle and I am a hypocrite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeCee View Post
i thought insurance was good enough for me but when i heard about the "perks" i was pretty interested.

Before the baby is born there is free pregnancy yoga classes for expecant mommies. A support group for new moms. Mommy massages and you have your own personal doctor to see you through till after the baby is born.

After the baby is born there is a New Mommy Massage, speciall meals for me and a loved one, baby sleep wraps, babys first photos, car seat vocher for 300.00 to buy your own carry home seat for baby. Breast pump and so much more..

I have an appointment with them next week Thursday tp have a tour of there place. Also my doctor works closely with the hospital so it wont be a hassle switiching to the hospital.

That's it I'm holding this baby in until I get all thy stuff.
Purrrrrrr and SunnyBunnyMama like this.

Michelle
March 7th, 2013, 03:57 PM
pressedfairie's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeCee View Post

Wow, that's a lot of stuff! We don't get any perks with or without insurance. We're paying out of pocket this time around, but we didn't get anything when I had DS anyway, except for the free bag of stuff that everyone gets with formula and a few baby things in it. The hospital I'm delivering at has awesome food though. I'm so looking forward to having one of their steak quesadillas right after I deliver - lol.
Mrsbowbin likes this.

Thank you peimum for my awesome siggy!
March 7th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We get a free hour long massage after baby is born . I am looking forward to that. We also get a free "couples" date meal or fruit basket, whichever we prefer. Those are the bigger ones I think. But as far as perks, not sure.

March 7th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
My hospital offers a free massage (not sure for how long), which I'm really looking forward to! They will also throw me and the baby a sort of "pajama party" with a feast at which time they will give us some kind of gift that has to do with a bell...I can't remember what this tradition is called and can't find any information online with a quick Google search, but they say in Japan that you ring this special bell at three points in your life: when you're born, when you get married, and when you die. It's pretty neat!

March 7th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Wow Nasha, that's some major perks! I have never heard of a hospital having that much to offer.
When I delivered up in Alaska the nurses took DS away for a little while, and served DH and I our "last dinner alone". lol. They brought in a round table with a tablecloth, candles, and a really nice meal where we got to pick what we wanted. Salad, soup, main course, dessert, and sparkling cider to drink. It was really sweet. I don't think that's very common though.

March 7th, 2013, 07:27 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I forgot about the free formula. I just threw it in my bag as we were packing to leave. I had planned to exclusively nurse but that formula saved the day several times that first week until my milk came in. So take anything the hospital will give you. You never know when it will come in handy.
EverydayJoy likes this.
March 7th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
Just the free bag and diapers. The hospital does a dinner for the mom and dad, either steak or something else. Lobster maybe? I dunno. I got the steak with a baked potato and it was pretty good.

My Boring Blog
March 7th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Veteran
I've never heard of a hospital contacting a patient trying to get them to deliver there, that seems super weird to me.

I will be delivering at the same hospital where I had DS. They sent me home with a manual breast pump, some diapers, blankets, a lot of travel size baby products, and a bag of "mommy stuff" - basically dermablast, pads, and mesh panties. I'd say that's pretty typical of what you would get sent home with from any hospital in this area. The nurses took DS newborn photo and gave us the papers to order the prints when we got home, and they were very accommodating about meals and snacks for me and DH. That's pretty much it.

Honestly a massage sounds nice in theory but I don't think it would be something that I personally would use. After the birth I just want to be with my baby, spending as much time soaking in that newbornness that I can. Also I just didn't want anyone touching me, but I'm funny like that. Also I wouldn't want to wait for a voucher to buy my carseat after baby is born, I would like to have it in my car before she is here. And for $300? I could practically buy two infant car seats for that, that seems excessive.

March 7th, 2013, 10:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I qualified for a program that this certain hospital offers. I honestly wasn't expecting any more then my own insurance but since I qualified for something better I figured I might as well try it out.
The 300.00 dollars is only because the local hospitals are aware of certain a culturals. In my case we aren't allowed to buy ANY baby items till after the baby is born. We are told to pray for a healthy baby till delivery then we can go about buying things. I had expressed this to the program and that's where the 300.00 dollars comes from. Not just for a carry home seat.
This program is for native Americans and Hispanics since those are the most dominant races in the local area.
I might as well take advantage of my perks for who I am and who my baby is.
EverydayJoy likes this.
March 8th, 2013, 04:40 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure what all the hospital gives, but it certainly isn't all of that. I know we get a $40 voucher for a local steakhouse, which just so happens to be a place we love so that's nice. Other than that I have no idea. They wouldn't even give us a raise last year, I doubt they give out a ton of stuff.

Oh yeah! I do get 50% off my hospital bill after insurance pays since I work there. That has certainly come in handy over the years.
EverydayJoy likes this.

Last edited by misty3281; March 8th, 2013 at 05:06 AM.
March 8th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Sapphera's Avatar NTNP Host
Wow, we get no perks here...but considering it's part of our "free health care"..we're just happy not to have to worry about hospital bills (The only thing extra we would have to pay is if I'm able to get a private room, and that's $40/night).
NTNP #2
March 8th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Michelle...$40 a night at the hospital for a private room? Aw I'm sorry you have to pay for that!!

March 8th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy

Well at least most of you guys get something

It's better then nothing
EverydayJoy likes this.
March 8th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Sapphera's Avatar NTNP Host
Sorry if my comment came off as sounding like I was complaining or whatnot, I wasn't.
NTNP #2

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search