We are going to blink

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2013, 11:19 AM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
and May will be here! I was looking at the DDCs, and I cannot believe how close we are to the bottom. How ready are you on a scale of one to ten? One being not at all and ten being 100% ready to go.

I'd say I'm a 4. I have a carseat! Lol! I need so many little things like bottles, wash clothes, etc. Big ticket items are taken care of. The crib will go up towards the end of March...just because I want to see it next to my bed every day! Ready or not, I'm soooo excited!

Nichole
March 8th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Ltem45
I am so far behind. We haven't even started our house hunt! My husband has co-workers that are going to lend us a crib, bassinet, and dresser, but he has yet to go get these things. I may not be due until May 30th, but I want to be prepared in case I deliver during wk 37.
My baby shower is in two weeks so I should have a better idea of what I need. Right now I just feel unorganized and stressed. Baby cannot come soon even though I can't wait to meet him.
March 8th, 2013, 11:37 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd say as far as being prepared, I feel like if I had the baby today, I could be all right, I have the basics down. So maybe an 8. But I sure wouldn't mind a lot of little semi-essentials like more clothes, bottles, breast pump, crib, etc etc. I do want to meet this little guy tho!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 8th, 2013, 11:41 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm probably a 3 We are getting there though. This weekend we are going to start painting the nursery and next weekend is our shower so I will finally be free to go crazy shopping for baby. It was a bit of a reality check when I saw that a couple of April babies have already been born. I'm not worried though. We have the essentials so everything else is just a bonus.
Mrsbowbin likes this.
March 8th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
I guess a 6. I have all the essentials, but we need to trade in our car for a minivan.

My Boring Blog
March 8th, 2013, 12:19 PM
pressedfairie's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrrrrrr View Post
I guess a 6. I have all the essentials, but we need to trade in our car for a minivan.
lol - us too! Hopefully, we'll get the minivan before baby comes, but if not, we'll get it sometime this summer. We didn't need to buy anything except a dresser; we're doing that sometime this month. And I've slowly been pulling out the baby stuff we used for DS, washing covers and whatnot. If we had the baby today, we'd probably be ok, but there are still a few things I could do. We're probably about an 8...

Thank you peimum for my awesome siggy!
March 8th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Themrs0523's Avatar Super Mommy
We have most of the "at home" things covered but we still need the carseat. I'm hoping after my showers next weekend, we have it
March 8th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
I'm about an 8. I need to pack a bag for myself and a bag for DD. I also need to prep for going on mat leave from work. Gotta set up my grades and stuff.

His room will be "done" this week after we put his last 2 pictures up. We have other things to add but since we set it up for a toddler, we're waiting on the bed and having a friend make his blanket during spring break. We want other little things for his room like a toy box decal, cubes for his ikea book shelf thing, and more memorabilia. All of that stuff isn't necessary since he'll be in our room the first year.

I'm pretty sick though (Cold) so I don't want him coming today!!

March 8th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Sapphera's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just thinking about the baby coming early is enough to send me into a major panic attack... so.. yeah, SO NOT READY.

We have a crib that's put together and sitting in the middle of the baby's room.. no mattress for it yet. The dresser is still in a box in the kitchen. The room still needs some finishing touches on the painting. We have like.. 2 outfits for a newboard, and 2 for 0-3 .. oh, and NOTHING for diapers..we're going to CD, but probably use sposies for the first few weeks..and yeah..have nothing for any of that right now.

That's it.. *sooo unprepared right now*
WTTC #2
March 8th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Brock's minion
I'm ready to have this baby, but I'm not prepared. My shower is next week and my new house should be finished my 4/1. Can't wait to just be sitting waiting for the baby.

Michelle
March 8th, 2013, 02:55 PM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
In terms of having home ready, I would say 3 haha! But mentally/emotionally I would say more like 7.
I am so ready to see baby, hold him and know he is okay. I hate being pregnant I worry about him ALL THE TIME.
I have most things I need, I still need to get cloth diapers, all baby care stuff, set up his nursery, move my other kids in their new room.. build their bed and paint the crib.. and so on! LOL. I have washed some clothes though
oh and I have a car seat! yeah! 32 weeks today, hope the doc wasnt right when he said he thinks the baby will be born at 35-36 weeks :O

March 8th, 2013, 03:18 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd say I am a 9. Just need to install the carseat, pack my bag, and have a baby!
markswife likes this.

March 8th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Ryan and Alex's Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are totally prepared. We have everything but baby Actually just gotta pack my bag.
EverydayJoy and Mrsbowbin like this.

March 8th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
Oh, my goodness...I am sooooo not ready! I don't even have a place for the baby to sleep yet! I also don't really even know what the absolute essentials are and it's starting to stress me out. I'm due in less than 2 months and this whole pregnancy has already flown by super quickly.

March 8th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Veteran
uhhh, we painted the nursery and put up the crib. I have no bedding, diapers, or pumping supplies.

I still need a car seat and a rock and sleep thingy, and haven't even thought of packing a bag yet. Heck, we don't even know what we'll do with DS yet.
So, probably a 2-3.

March 8th, 2013, 06:28 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All I have left to do is pack our bags and wash all the baby things. My mom wanted to help me with that part so I'm just waiting on her to be able to spend the day with me and get it done. I feel a lot more prepared now that we had the shower so I could go get everything we still needed.
March 8th, 2013, 07:43 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd say a 6 just because DD is still in the nursery and what will become her room is full of exercise equipment that we never use and have no idea what we are going to do with. I need to get that all moved to wherever so we can buy DD's big girl bedroom furniture so she can move out of the nursery. Once she moves, I'm good to go. I have all her clothes washed and separated by size in the basement so I just have to dig to the back and find the 0-3. We need some diapers. I need to pack my hospital bag and DD's bag to stay with grandma. It sounds like a lot but clearly, I'm not stressed about it because I haven't done squat to work on it!
EverydayJoy likes this.
March 8th, 2013, 08:11 PM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Mentally and physically Id say Im about a 7. Im really getting uncomfortable and sick of feeling BLAH all the time. My belly feels so big and I cant get comfortable to sleep. The heartburn, achiness and general yucky feeling is starting to get old. I really want to have my body back and feel normal again.

Materialistically....Im about a 2! Most of my prepping will come in April. Nothing like the last minute!

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
March 8th, 2013, 11:19 PM
usnwifey9's Avatar Veteran
Tell me about it! I'd say we're at about a 7 or 8, considering we have most of the key essentials and just need to put it all together. We finally got around to getting DS a new dresser last weekend so we can now take back his old changing table/dresser he's been using since he was a baby and set it up for his sister . Tomorrow we'll finally be setting up baby girl's "living area" in our bedroom, which I'm super excited about! We've just been piling things up in the living room downstairs for the last couple of weeks, so it'll be nice to finally start having things in place where they should be . I grabbed a few things for my hospital bag earlier this evening while out in town, but I still have a ways to go before I'd say I'm completely packed and ready. I really can't believe how quickly everything is happening! Just a month or so ago I kept thinking I still have a while before I need to get everything done, and now I feel like I don't have enough time to do it all lol!

March 9th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm waiting till I'm on mat leave in 3 wks to get the rest of the stuff ready I have a pram but haven't paid it yet and got a bouncy seat, nappies, clothes, bottles so not doing to bad but I haven't got anything for him to sleep in and my DD's room still needs organised so I would say about a 5 haven't packed mine or my daughters bag yet but I hate being pregnant to I worry so much as well just want him to get here soon x

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search