Appointment today

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Shufu_in_Shunan
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By kary4
  • 1 Post By TeeCee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2013, 11:27 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
So I just got back from another appointment. It was the first time I had to go by myself, so I was pretty nervous about being able to understand everything, but all the nurses and the doctor were trying to be very helpful and translated some papers into rough English for me. I had another ultrasound, and they did a 3-D ultrasound, too! Her little hand was covering up her face again, though, so the picture isn't the best. Oh, well. The nurse told me her legs are longer than Japanese babies' legs lol. They also did another physical exam...in the weird mechanical chair. I don't think I'll ever get used to that...it feels like I'm sitting in a Transformer robot or something.

And then...there was also a surprise blood test. I have a HUGE phobia of veins (I don't particularly care for needles, either, but I can tolerate vaccinations much better than having blood drawn). In the past, I always knew ahead of time when I'd be having my blood drawn, so my husband was always with me at those appointments to help me stay calm. I did ok, though. *Phew* They said I don't have anemia and my blood sugar is good. They haven't said anything to me about doing a glucose test the way the do it in the U.S., with the sugary drink, so I'm not sure if they do glucose tests like that here...but I guess if my blood sugar is good, that probably means I don't have gestational diabetes?

Anyway, I'm glad the appointment is done and over with. I've been nervous about it all week!
Purrrrrrr likes this.

March 9th, 2013, 07:52 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad it went ok for you! That must be scary to be in a foreign country and getting prenatal care.
Yeah if they're checking your glucose by blood draw, that should give them an idea about GD too. I have read some articles that say the way the US does it, the glucose tolerance test, is really not that accurate. So maybe the Japanese have figured that out and just check it in office instead. Too bad they can't just prick your finger for blood!
Shufu_in_Shunan likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 10th, 2013, 05:13 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I'd be nervous too about not having hubby there...plus the surprise blood draw! It sounds like you handled it well, though. Good job!
March 10th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What a transformer chair?!!! I want one lol

sounds like you did great on your own today though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search