Eye Color Predication

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsLisaT
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218
  • 1 Post By pressedfairie
  • 2 Post By 4 boys
  • 1 Post By jcperez
  • 1 Post By jcperez

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2013, 11:19 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I saw this in another forum and thought it was kind of neat. It uses genetics to calculate the odds of each eye color your baby could have.

What Color Eyes will your Children Have? | Understanding Genetics

Of course, it won't work for me since I'm an oddity with having a blue eyed father and green eyed mother. However, judging by my parents' eye colors and mine and my DH's eye colors, I think our baby has a chance for just about anything! Blue, green, brown, hazel... One of the many things I look forward to finding out!!
EverydayJoy likes this.
March 11th, 2013, 12:20 PM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
It says my kids have 33% chance of blue eyes, 66% chance of green eyes and 0% brown.
all three of my boys have blue eyes!
Wonder what the next will have

March 11th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This is neat!!

I do know my baby is likely to come out with brown eyes, considering both my families and babys families have brown eyes, but my older sister has green eyes, placing that in there dropped the chances to 88.8% of my baby having brown eyes..
after I was positive 100% it would be brown...
March 11th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That was neat My baby has 75% green eyes, and 25% blue. I love stuff like that, it's fun

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

March 11th, 2013, 12:39 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's cool! Too bad they don't have more options, like hazel for example. My dad's eyes and mine are hazel.
I know the blue eye color gene is supposed to be recessive, but I think my DH's side of the family has an aggressive blue gene! DH's mom was brown eyed, and his dad blue, and all three of their kids had blue eyes. Now DS has blue eyes. I wonder if the second one will have blue too? DH's sister had a blue eyed daughter too.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 11th, 2013, 12:41 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
We can get any color. The genotype probability has blue at 27.5%, green at 22.5%, and brown at 50%.

I am brown, DH is blue, Liam is green, and Kieran is brown. I would actually kinda love it if Josephine was blue. My mom has three kids and each one of us has a different color eyes (one brown, one green, and one blue!). I think it would be neat to get the same.
EverydayJoy likes this.
March 11th, 2013, 12:49 PM
pressedfairie's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayJoy View Post
That's cool! Too bad they don't have more options, like hazel for example. My dad's eyes and mine are hazel.
I was thinking the same thing. My eyes are very dark brown, but both my dad and my husband's dad (and my husband) have hazel eyes, and DS ended up with hazel eyes too. I can't wait to see what color DD will have - I'm hoping for hazel. I just think it's one of the coolest colors. I love looking at my son's eyes.
EverydayJoy likes this.

Thank you peimum for my awesome siggy!
March 11th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Sapphera's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't go off of the calculator because I don't have my birth parents charts anywhere close to being handy... but I have hazel and DH has blue..so with blue being recessive, I'm pretty sure we'll end up hazel in some form
WTTC #2
March 11th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
LOL, my kids have zero chance of having anything other than blue! All four of mine have blue and I don't expect anything different this time.
miss britt and rheaimedved like this.
March 11th, 2013, 01:44 PM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I already know that all of our children will have blue eyes, since dh and I both have blue eyes

March 11th, 2013, 02:05 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wasn't sure what DH's parents' eye colors were but ours was 66% brown, 23% green and 11% blue. I would be so shocked if this baby has blue eyes. DD's brown eyes are gorgeous so I woulnd't mind another brown eyed girl.
March 11th, 2013, 02:13 PM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
LOL...I dont understand how to read that chart. I am hoping my last will have my green eyes but its really slim. My husband has brown and both my other boys have brown. I am an oddity myself. Both my parents have brown eyes along with my brother and sister. Im the only one that has green eyes. Hmmmmmm.....Ive often asked my mom if the milk man was my father.
EverydayJoy likes this.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
March 11th, 2013, 02:36 PM
usnwifey9's Avatar Veteran
Given the fact that pretty much EVERYONE in my family and DH's family has brown eyes (unless you consider reddish-brown or blackish-brown separate colors, lol), I was pretty confident there had to be a 100% chance that this baby would have brown eyes as well. Surprisingly, there is still a 1.8% chance for blue eyes and a 5.5% chance for green eyes! Obviously the odds are still in favor of brown eyes (92.5%) lol, but it was still neat to see there was a possibility for something different .

March 11th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
My mom is the only person in both my family and my husband's family who doesn't have blue eyes (she has green eyes), so yeah...I've been pretty positive this baby is gonna have blue eyes lol. The chart says 100% chance of blue.

March 11th, 2013, 06:33 PM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
YAY!!! Ok...I dont know what I was looking at the first time but I just tried this again and I was able to fill in the chart. There is hope! Based on the chart my little one has a 50% chance of having brown, a 40% chance of having green and a 9% chance of blue! So there is hope my son will have my eyes!
EverydayJoy likes this.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
March 12th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My eyes are hazel, and DH's are brown. DD1's eyes are brown like DH. DD2's eyes are blue. She got the blue because DH and I both carry a blue eyed gene - but it's still rare that that would happen. I'm predicting this next baby will either have brown eyes or hazel eyes.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
March 12th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Whiterozse's Avatar Veteran
This is so cool! I love science! Mine has a 50/50 chance of green or blue eyes!

March 12th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Veteran
100% chance of blue eyes here!

March 13th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Veteran
50% chance of Blue, 50% chance of Green
March 14th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Looks like it's brown for us! 72% brown the other percentages are toward blue/green. DD has brown, but lighter than mine

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search