Thoughts and Prayers for my aunt please. Loss mentioned

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Hi ladies. My aunt, was always told she could have children,however a few years ago , she got the gastric surgery and got pregnant.

She is 46 and had been cautiously awaiting the arrival of Identical twin boys. The were due the last week of February or 1st few days of march. She went over her due date and my mom called me this morning saying today was the day. I called her after work to see if they were here yet and she was crying. She said my aunt lost both babies. We don't know the cause yet.

I feel so awful for her and for my baby cousins. I was looking forward to my kids gettin to be close in age with hers. (My mom had us as a teen so my aunts and uncles helped raise us.) my aunt only has her husband by her side because she lives out of state. My mom and aunts an uncles were planning to fly out once they arrived.....

Please if you can think of or send some prayers up for my grieving aunt I'd appreciate it.

Last edited by Skimboardin Mama; March 11th, 2013 at 04:31 PM.
March 11th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Praying for you all.
March 11th, 2013, 04:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy

Devastating!
I'm so sorry for your family's loss..
Many many prayers for you all!!
*hugs*
Ltem45 likes this.
March 11th, 2013, 04:32 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG how awful! I can't imagine losing both like that. My heart goes out to her and her husband!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 11th, 2013, 04:37 PM
May 2013 Cohost
That's awful. I'm so so sorry. My thoughts are with your family.
March 11th, 2013, 04:50 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my word! That's so horrible. It's stories like that that keep me worried until baby actually comes out ok. So incredibly sorry for your aunt and family. Prayers going out to you all.
March 11th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Liztastic's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh my. I'll be praying for your entire family.

Mom to:
Madalynn Faith ~ 2001
Alala Love ~ 2004
Elle Rain ~ 2008
Tilly Moon ~ 2013
March 11th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Themrs0523's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so sorry I will definitely be praying for her. What an awful situation.
March 11th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My I'm so sorry. If you don't mind me asking, was she overdue? Wow, to carry them for so long....how sad. I'll be thinking of her/ and your family. I think it's every expectant Mama's worse nightmare. Hugs.

March 11th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Regular
Oh how awful! So sorry for your family's loss. Sending them some prayers.
IUI Aug.17 / 20 million with 95% motilty after wash
Faint BFP 10 & 11dpiui
Beta#1 at 11dpiui: 24 / #2 at 13dpiui: 54 / #3 at 15dpiui: 107
U/S #1: Sept. 17th ~ 1 little jelly bean
Anatomy scan: Dec. 19th ~ It's a BOY!!

Born on his due date May 10th at 1:39pm weighing 8lbs 9oz & 22 inches long ~ VBAC#2
March 11th, 2013, 06:33 PM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
I am so sorry. I can't even imagine how awful this is for her and all of your family. Praying to God for her comfort, my heart breaks for her I can't even imagine. Even now with how close we are getting, I see sweet babies and my heart melts and I want my baby so bad. To make it so close with all your dreams and expectations to all of a sudden be gone, I just don't even know how it's possible to ever feel the same again
Ltem45 likes this.

March 11th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Brock's minion
Heart broken for her, sending my prayers and thoughts along.

Michelle
March 11th, 2013, 07:27 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so sorry. What a terrible loss for her and her husband. I would be so heartbroken.
March 11th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Ltem45
The other ladies have expressed the same thoughts as me. So sorry for this loss.
March 11th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Ryan and Alex's Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
:'(

March 11th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Thanks ladies. This is so awful. My mom is driving up halfway tonight and should be with her tomorrow and to help make arrangements what ever they may be. She was over due but I don't know by how much. My other aunt told us she told her she was expecting in May 2012.... so the babies should have been here by the end of february. She didn't have the best medical care..... I guess today she started having contractions and when they put the monitors on her there were no heartbeats. They sent her home and she will have them out tomorrow. My uncle says the docs are not telling them anything and I think they will have an autopsy in the coming days. My heart is so broken for them and for my baby cousins. They recently bought a home out of state where they've been living the last several years and had everything all prepared. I can't understand how or why these things happen.

I feel really really awful expecting shortly after her. It's not that I'm afraid of this happening, because I know every woman fears this, but I just feel it's not fair and don't want to hurt her in any way if you understand what I mean. I'm asking my mom to cancel my shower since it's in 3 weeks. I'd rather any money go toward everything for them. Like I said my aunt was very very close and helped raise me growing up. She's so loving and so there for her all her nieces and nephews (5 of us) and my DD too.

March 11th, 2013, 10:59 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, so incredibly sad. That's really sweet of you to cancel your shower. I know I would feel guilty too for having a healthy baby so soon after her loss. It's not your fault, but you don't want to pain her any further---I get that. I hope they can at least find out more about what happened to her babies. ((hugs))

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 12th, 2013, 05:05 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
I am so sorry! That is just so horrible! I feel so bad for your aunt that must be so devastating. she has been through so much and came so far! It's not fair. I can totally understand how you would feel, its just so aweful! Thoughts and prayers for her.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
March 12th, 2013, 05:14 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is just horrible. My heart breaks for your Aunt and family. I can't even begin to imagine the pain that she must be feeling. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.
March 12th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry again. I think it is so amazing of you to cancel your shower and focus the family attention/finances on them. Very thoughtful. I hope they find out what happened, just to know.

Prayers for your family. I know you will be a great support.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search