Control freak

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2013, 04:15 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think I am going to be a neat freak/control freak these last two months. While hubbs is gone trucking, it's easier to keep the house clean, so I can satisfy my desire to keep everything ship-shape right up until delivery. I think it's just from worrying that the baby will come early (although there is no sign of that happening). And with the kidney stuff wrong with him and having to change hospitals and all...I think having the house be all in order and the dishes going straight into the dishwasher instead of sitting in the sink helps me to feel like I'm doing something to control the outcome of this pregnancy. I feel scared for DH when he gets home! I think I'll warn him that I want everything to stay as clean as possible until the baby is born but I know what his tendencies are! Normally it doesn't get to me too much, I'm not super particular about housework and can let stuff slide. But right now it makes me feel better to know that if I went into labor this minute, the laundry is caught up, my bag is mostly packed, Ethan's bag is packed, and the dirty dishes are in the dishwasher.
Oh yeah and the dog is going to come home too and be shedding black hair all over everything again! Argh!!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 12th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Honestly, I think as we get closer to delivery, we tend to get a little nutty. Sometimes it's in a clean, ready, organized house, it is for me. Our house is normally kept neat because with 11 of us, it needs to be. We run the dishwasher after every meal, etc. But as we get closer, I get even more a neat freak. I do think some of it is just the uncertainty of birth.

I'm sure your hubby loves the clean house, and hopefully you can just remember he will be leaving soon and you can go back to your clean organized house

March 12th, 2013, 07:19 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Very true! Although he is looking to change jobs, so he might be able to be closer to home from here on out (home every night). I will be glad for that because I feel nervous when he's so far away, so close to delivery day! I'll just have to adjust to not being able to be as neurotic as I want

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search