Scary Moment Today

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Themrs0523's Avatar Super Mommy
I have been working hard getting the house and nursery ready after work the last few days. Today I had the day off so I slept in, went to Big Lots and Target to pick up some things for the nursery and then headed to Walmart.

When I got there, I started have cramping like my bladder was really full all of a sudden. I went to the restroom, and when I wiped (sorry TMI) I noticed a small blood clot, smaller than a dime.

Of course it still terrified me and I called my midwife. Her nurse told me it could have been from having sex a few days ago and that everything is just very sensitive right now.

She said as long as Peyton is moving, and I am not having to wear a pad or experiencing severe cramps I am ok.

I've decided to take it easy for the rest of the day just to play it safe.
March 13th, 2013, 02:59 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's scary! Our bodies do a good job of telling us to slow down though.
Skimboardin Mama likes this.

Nichole
March 13th, 2013, 03:01 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry to hear that! I would be scared too! Are you feeling ok now? I'm glad your OB said it wasn't concerning, but I know I would be concerned anyway.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 13th, 2013, 03:04 PM
I'm having some cramping which worries me but they are not severe.
March 13th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Rest as much as you can, eat if you're hungry, and stay hydrated...I'm sure your OB already told you all that. Sometimes for me just sleeping will help the Braxton-Hicks die down (I've been having a lot of them lately). I hope the cramps go away!

March 13th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Brock's minion
So frightening. Hope your resting well.

Michelle
March 13th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Super Mommy
Could it have been your mucus plug???
March 13th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree on resting, sometimes your body just needs to rest for cramping to stop. But if you are concerned, you could go in just to be on the safe side.

Hope you are feeling better.

March 13th, 2013, 05:34 PM
After looking at pictures (again TMI) lol, I don't think so. It was a very very small clot.

I have tried walking this evening and it feels like when you start your period and you are constantly running to the bathroom. That sort of sensation.

I'm gonna take it easy and hope it eases up by tomorrow. If not I may see if she can take a look at me.
March 13th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Keep us posted on how you're doing. <hug>

March 14th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
i would have been scared too but glad it was not anything serious. Tell DF to ease up!
EverydayJoy likes this.

March 14th, 2013, 05:18 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had spotting on Saturday and it scared me too. Just the little, clumpy blood clots but it is still scary. My doctor told me to just take it easy and let him know if it gets worse. It kept happening all day Saturday and there was some blood in my urine but by evening it was almost gone and Sunday morning it was completely gone and hasn't come back. I think it is just one of those things that can happen at this point. I hope that it goes away for you too!
March 14th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Well this morning I woke up with no cramps but just REALLY SORE muscles all over my tummy.

Peyton has not been moving yet today but I have been getting ready for work so she may be asleep. How long should I wait to call the doctor if she does not start moving soon?
March 14th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just lurking... I'd probably err on the safe side and get checked. The reason I say that is because with DS, when I was 34 wks pregnant, I wiped and had this tiny (smaller than dime-sized) amount of blood mixed with a bit of mucus. It was a tiny amount, but I called my OB anyway. The nurse said it was "nothing" or maybe just a piece of my mucus plug, and that I shouldn't worry. I went into spontaneous preterm labor 2 days later and my son was born at 34w4d. I now refused to believe that it is "nothing" without confirmation. It could have just been a coincidence, but I've always kicked myself for not having gotten checked out, and instead just taking the nurse's advice that it was nothing to worry about. Perhaps I wouldn't have had a preemie in the NICU for 2 weeks if I had done something different.

With all that said, it probably IS nothing, but it never hurts to get checked just in case.
EverydayJoy likes this.

August 2012 December 2012
March 14th, 2013, 09:23 AM
You can always drink a glass of orange juice or something sweet or cold and then lay on your left side, see if she wakes up.

March 14th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisee37 View Post
Just lurking... I'd probably err on the safe side and get checked. The reason I say that is because with DS, when I was 34 wks pregnant, I wiped and had this tiny (smaller than dime-sized) amount of blood mixed with a bit of mucus. It was a tiny amount, but I called my OB anyway. The nurse said it was "nothing" or maybe just a piece of my mucus plug, and that I shouldn't worry. I went into spontaneous preterm labor 2 days later and my son was born at 34w4d. I now refused to believe that it is "nothing" without confirmation. It could have just been a coincidence, but I've always kicked myself for not having gotten checked out, and instead just taking the nurse's advice that it was nothing to worry about. Perhaps I wouldn't have had a preemie in the NICU for 2 weeks if I had done something different.

With all that said, it probably IS nothing, but it never hurts to get checked just in case.
Thank you! I am concerned and she is moving now but I am really convinced I was having contractions yesterday because of the way I feel today. I am going to try to get in today or tomorrow.

Again, thank you!
March 14th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good idea. I think at only 28 weeks, it's a little early for a FTM to start contracting and having a little bloody discharge.

March 14th, 2013, 02:21 PM
All of the pain has moved to my back now, which does not concern me as much. I felt better today after eating and drinking ALOT of water.

I had to work but as soon as I get off, I am headed home to lay down. My husband said I am on "temporary daddy required bedrest" lol. I don't have to work tomorrow so I am going to rest and if the pain is still present I am going to be seen.

Thank for all the kind words and thoughts. It is nice to have someone to run this stuff by!
EverydayJoy likes this.
March 14th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Pain only in your back can still be labor pains...just FYI. If baby turns facing "sunny side up" you can have back labor...not trying to scare you. I think maybe go get checked just to be sure? Go with your gut though. You know your body best!

March 14th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Ya I hadn't really thought about that.

I was in horrible pain by the time I got home from work today but DH rubbed my back, I took a bath and took some tylenol and have been laying in bed on my left side. I seems to be letting up. I don't have to work again until Monday so hopefully I can get some much needed rest.

I do have two baby showers this weekend so I'm hoping by tomorrow night, it is back to normal.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search