Babymoon, anyone?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By crunchywannabe
  • 1 Post By Ltem45
  • 1 Post By Sapphera
  • 1 Post By Mrsbowbin
  • 1 Post By bcogoli
  • 2 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By Themrs0523
  • 1 Post By usnwifey9
  • 1 Post By Memi
  • 2 Post By branbran543

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
Just curious if any of you are planning a last hurrah before the baby comes. We are doing a "staycation" this weekend at a nearby hotel - just dinner out and a solid night of sleep in a comfy bed. Wish we could do more but we're trying to buy a new house, so that's top priority!

March 14th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are doing a short 6 hr road trip and shopping for 3 days in Minneapolis (whoop whoop) lol

It's not much, but it'll be nice to get away to a different place for a few days! I get really bad travel bugs every so often so this should help satisfy that just a little... I just need out of this tiny town every once in a while!

Plus discount shopping excited me like nothing else!
LolaBadola likes this.

March 14th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Ltem45
Well we went on vacation when I was four weeks pregnant , does that count?
I was joking with my husband this am about a baby moon. He asked where we would go and I said I am not sure since we don't have any money for a trip. We are trying to get a house etc. so no trip for us, but I am ok with it.
LolaBadola likes this.
March 14th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Sapphera's Avatar NTNP Host
We won't be having one. We originally planned on going to my parents condo over the winter and spending a week there... but my parents decided to lend it to some friends of theirs instead .. so no trip for us.

And between now and the due date, one of us is basically working every weekend So no chance even for a staycation.. ah well!
LolaBadola likes this.
NTNP #2
March 14th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Brock's minion
We had originally planned on being in Mexico in Febuary but instead we closed on our house. We are doing a complete remodel in 6 total weeks so I prefer to be close to my contractor lol. Hopefully when we move will do a phones off, romantic order in type weekend before the baby pops in.
LolaBadola likes this.

Michelle
March 14th, 2013, 02:02 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We went to Vegas in January and it was great but exhausting. I can't imagine going on a trip like that now. I think I'd die. I barely make it shopping in town without wanting to drop. lol
March 14th, 2013, 02:05 PM
pressedfairie's Avatar Super Mommy
We're going to the Smoky Mountains for a long weekend in mid-April. I will be 34 weeks along, but my OB said it was okay, as long as it's before 36 weeks and there are no complications at that point.

It's going to be a chance for us to spend extra time with DS before the baby comes.

Thank you peimum for my awesome siggy!
March 14th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Were kinda doing a babymoon. I am not cleared for travel so were going to a nearby hotel for one night. Were going all out and spoiling ourselves with dinner and some shopping. Its been a year since we have had a night away so its well overdue. Its also an early celebration for our 5th anniversary, our anniversary is in July but we decided not to go away since we will have a newborn.
LolaBadola likes this.
March 14th, 2013, 02:25 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We already had our babymoon! Now any extra money we get will get funneled directly to Babies R Us!
LolaBadola and Mrsbowbin like this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 14th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Themrs0523's Avatar Super Mommy
We are going on a weekend trip to see Jim Gaffigan perform next weekend. Just gonna stay overnight and have a romantic couple days.... then full steam ahead getting prepped for baby
LolaBadola likes this.
March 14th, 2013, 07:12 PM
usnwifey9's Avatar Veteran
We considered going to Santa Cruz or Monterey Bay (both about 3hrs away) during DS' spring break in 2wks, but since finding out I had an excess amount of amniotic fluid and am therefore potentially at risk for preterm labor we figured it best we stay closer to home . Planning an early birthday for DS is really my only other main big focus before baby comes (she's due the day before DS' actual birthday). He didn't really have a party last year since we had just moved to the area and didn't really know anyone, and I want him to have at least one more day of having the spotlight completely to himself before having to share it with his sister for the rest of his life .
LolaBadola likes this.

March 14th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Id love to squeeze in a beach trip in April before the baby comes. But well have to see if we can fit it in.
LolaBadola likes this.

March 15th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We had one planned, but then decided to use those vacation days to get Dh a vasectomy. I guess you can say our trip in October for DH to do Tough Mudder was our babymoon. It was the first time leaving all the boys so I was nervous the whole time, but it was a decent trip. We might try to go overnight somewhere close by, but it depends on DH's work schedule.
LolaBadola and rheaimedved like this.
DS-Sully(4)
DS-Gus(2)

March 15th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We just got back from a week in Los Angeles (and a day in SD). It was mostly to look for work for my hubby, so it wasn't too much of a vacation for him, but it was nice to be back in So Cal (and now it's reeaaallly depressing to be back in cow town) and was generally very relaxing. Other than all the dance stuff, we just slept a lot, went for walks/drives, went out to eat, etc.
March 15th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
Quote:
Originally Posted by rheaimedved View Post
We just got back from a week in Los Angeles (and a day in SD). It was mostly to look for work for my hubby, so it wasn't too much of a vacation for him, but it was nice to be back in So Cal (and now it's reeaaallly depressing to be back in cow town) and was generally very relaxing. Other than all the dance stuff, we just slept a lot, went for walks/drives, went out to eat, etc.
Where in LA? That's where I live.

March 15th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaBadola View Post
Where in LA? That's where I live.
In a hotel in Redondo Beach for a few days and then with friends in El Segundo

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search