Stressing a little

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By EverydayJoy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2013, 03:05 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been fighting my sinuses all week so I didn't think anything of the massive headache I got last night. Just before bedtime I figured I'd check my blood pressure just to see. It was a little high but I figured I'd get some sleep and see if it was better in the morning. Well I got up this morning and didn't think anything of it until I started getting a headache again. Checked my bp and the bottom number was 100 so I called the doc and they had me go in. It was 144/100 when I got there. He said he thinks it's just from the sinus problems but doing a work up for pre-e just in case. I pulled my bloodwork results up after I left the office and everything looks normal so far. Going to do the 24 hour urine Sunday. I managed to not cry in the office and told DH I needed retail therapy so we did a little baby shopping to help me relax. He's even cooking dinner for me. I'm really hoping it's just the sinus crud raising it, but I feel a lot better with the labs already done that at most it would be pregnancy induced hypertension which is at least better treatable. So ready for little miss to be here so I can stop worrying over everything.
March 14th, 2013, 04:17 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry. Pregnancy is nerve-wracking enough without having medical/health scares to go with it. I hope everything turns out all right and that your sinus crap goes away soon!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 14th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Themrs0523's Avatar Super Mommy
Praying for you... I hope it is just your sinuses that are causing the problems.
March 14th, 2013, 06:28 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I'm sorry to hear that. Thankfully you are close to the end. Awesome that you got to do some retail therapy amd your hubby cooked dinner!
March 14th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Brock's minion
I know your pain, this sucks so bad. Now every time my I get a headache I get this panic attack which makes my BP higher...endless cycle. I've been sick for 3 days and am trying to avoid the doc. Glad you get to do the 24 hour urine at home, since I started it at the hospital they had me stay to finish. Good luck.

Michelle
March 15th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hate how it all adds up fast
But it's soon to be over

Relax
March 16th, 2013, 06:46 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. I am now doubting it's from the sinus stuff. That stuff is getting better and the bp is staying high with constant headaches. I'm going to wait until I get the results from the 24 hr urine to call the doc again since there really isn't much we can do till then. Not gonna lie the constant stressing over what it's gonna be is not helping. I keep trying to think positive but my mind wanders. Sorry I'm still going on about this. Im just so worried about the what ifs now and don't want to be all down all the time with my family. Thanks for listening.
March 16th, 2013, 07:05 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No, I'd be doing the same thing too, my little guy just has a kidney issue that shouldn't be a huge deal (but could be), and I still obsess about it and worry a lot.
I'm sure what's on your mind is preeclampsia, early delivery and a NICU stay. That's a lot to think about, a lot to worry about. Hopefully that's not the case, but I hope you can take comfort in the fact that you're as far along as you are, and if you did have your baby early, she wouldn't be one of those micro-preemies whose life is hanging in the balance. And, you might not have to worry about all that after all...I hope you get good results from your urine test! I'm sorry you have all this added worry.
misty3281 and SunnyBunnyMama like this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 16th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Super Mommy
Yeah honestly try not to think about it too much, it'll make it worse. Hopefully it's nothing. Keep us updated.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search