Mixed feelings- slow down..speed up!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By selenamdz
  • 1 Post By TeeCee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2013, 06:10 AM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
33 weeks today, only 49 days until my due date.
Did you ladies see that 4 april babies have been born already?!
So curious which one of us will have our baby first?!
Baby will be term (37 weeks) april 12... seems so soon!
I feel like hell of course, so I want time to go by even faster but at the same time..
This is my last baby and I have nothing ready!
Ugh, the joys!
My baby shower is tomorrow!!!
How is everyone doing??
Anything exciting going on?!
MrsLisaT likes this.

March 15th, 2013, 06:26 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I am with you. I am "just" 30 weeks today, so I know I certainly won't be the first to have my baby. In my last DDC I was the first to have a term baby. There were 4 born before mine, but all were premature and needed NICU time But I was due the beginning of the month and he came almost 3 weeks early. Not gonna happen this time, I won't be 37 weeks until the 3rd of May. Admittedly, I am so grateful that no one in our DDC has had their baby yet. We had a 26-weeker last time. Another at 29 and a couple at 33-35. So its great that our "least pregnant" members are 29 weeks today!

But I feel like time has been in a warp. When I think of January, it seemed like just yesterday. But at the same time, I feel like I have been pregnant forever (which, in reality, I have been pregnant or nursing since Feb '09). I am so excited for her to be here and get to meet her. And I am doing pretty well on being ready. So there is not a lot keeping me grounded right now. Except the knowledge that I want her to remain in there for 7 more weeks.

I hope your baby shower is super-fun!! How exciting for you. Share some pics of the loot!

I am good...but truthfully my whole body is getting achy. Partly because I am up and down a lot at night. And partly from chasing the boys. But I know my body is just tired of growing humans right now. Lol. I am lucky though, I still feel *pretty* good and am not terribly uncomfortable. Although I have never gotten to the point of uncomfortable in pregnancy, given my boys were born at 36 and 37 weeks and I carry pretty small. Doesn't mean it won't happen this time
March 15th, 2013, 08:51 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
32 weeks for me, 33 weeks Sunday. That means only 7 weeks left till the big 4-0. I can only hope that this baby won't go past his due date. I am already feeling...hmm...blah right now. Like emotionally I'm irritable and I can't do much about it, I'm on edge because I'm worried about baby's health and my own. In two weeks we will meet with a team of docs from OHSU to discuss a game plan for baby's delivery. I would love for Kody to be out right now, but I know I definitely DON'T want a NICU stay, after reading some other parent's stories of how awful it can be. Plus just because I don't want any health concerns for Kody besides what he already has with his kidneys.
I do have a baby shower tomorrow, which I am so excited about! But some anxious for DH to get home, he is broken down in Idaho right now, and doesn't know when his truck will be fixed. Ethan misses his daddy. Ugh, a lot going on right now. I see the cardiologist later today so I hope for good news.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 15th, 2013, 11:36 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hit 32 weeks tomorrow. I am getting anxious! I want to meet my baby!!! LOL, I'm not even close to ready yet though. My shower is tomorrow too! Good luck at yours. Here they are calling for snow and rain so I hope that doesn't hurt the attendence too badly. I have an out-of-state Aunt that was going to try to come and I really would like to see her. But, of course, I'd rather her stay safe and off the roads if it gets too bad.
March 15th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm 33 wks on Monday but feel like I've been pregnant forever I finish work in a week and a half so I can't wait for that then I can get properly organised been putting away all his clothes as I buy them but I don't have a clue what I've got for each age and my pram is getting delivered on the 2nd of April so that's good but I can't wait fir him to get here x

March 15th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Super Mommy
I am 31 weeks. If this baby is like his sister, he won't come till after my due date. Honestly, I want to be done with this pregnancy for the wrong reasons: I just hate how heavy and sluggish I feel now. I just the weight gain and water retention to stop so I can at least sleep and not ache or have to run to the bathroom every hour or so. But at the same time I am not looking forward to sleepless nights, pumping, colic etc. Yikes.

I do pray that I will have a full term. No reason so far why I shouldn't.

Enjoy your shower and hopefully you'll get all the items you want!
March 15th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Ltem45
I am super exhausted tonight. I am 29 weeks and I feel like 40 weeks. I am a nervous wreck that I could have a preemie, not that I even have a reason to worry. The thought of him coming now would stress me out, no house yet no crib or bassinet, shower next week, maternity photos in a few weeks and a childbirth class. I am excited for April so I can start saying " I am due next month."
March 15th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
32 weeks today

Is the baby really "term" at 37? If so... I'm am soooo not ready.
But as far as emotionally I'm excited. And physically I feel well.
March 15th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Yes they count them term at 37 weeks, but I think babies do better if they're left alone till the full 40 weeks is up. I think the 37 weeks is just when they're fully developed, but they keep putting on fat toward the end, which helps them regulate their body temperature better. Some docs like to induce early, but as tempting as that is, it's better for baby to go full term.

March 15th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh ok
Cause to my understanding I thought term was 40 weeks and leaving baby till 42 was normal. Now 37 and 42 is a huge difference.
So anytime after 37 weeks there's possibility for the baby to want to be out?
March 16th, 2013, 06:51 AM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
I have never had a baby at 40 weeks or later, and they have all been healthy with no issues with breathing or anything else thats just when they decided to come!

March 16th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Nasha yep, some like to come early, and prior to 37 weeks they count them as preemie, but 37 weeks they're big enough to not have to stay in the NICU, is how I understand it. But yeah 40 is really "full term".

March 16th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
WOW!!
Well I guess it's time I pack my bags for the "just in case"
Ill be 37 weeks mid April. Which does not seem far at all.

And the way time flys I feel like ill wake up and BOOM there's my baby lol
EverydayJoy likes this.
March 19th, 2013, 10:47 AM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm all about speeding it up. I'm so ready for May. I have stuff to do still, but I've got a crib and boobs...what else does he need? lol! If he came before I thought I was ready, it wouldn't be the end of the world. I don't want him coming early. I'm all about lung development as we are asthmatics. I'm over being pregnant though. I want my little man in my arms.

Nichole
March 19th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I feel the same. This is my last baby too, so I want to enjoy feeling her kicks and pokes, but at the same time I can't WAIT for her to be here to complete our family!

I have nothing ready. So funny because with my first I had everything totally ready to go by like 28 weeks, lol. We are buying paint for her room this wknd though and starting on that, then we can set up her dresser. We still need to buy a crib. I haven't even bought diapers yet.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search