Sooooo lucky...

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2013, 11:29 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Every time I hear people mention fibroids and pregnancy, I hear, "they usually pose no problems."or something to that effect. This means that I'm one of the lucky few who has complications from my baseball sized fibroid. It's right near my cervix, and every now and then (NOW) it causes some pretty severe pain. The pain is so centralized that I know it is the fibroid. I even pressed where the pain was, and felt a hard knot...and almost peed myself. I have trouble standing up sometimes. Laying down hurts. My pain tolerance is pretty high, but I have to say this pain is at a 6 or a 7. Baby is moving around just fine, and I'm not feeling any vaginal pressure, so I'm going to try to wait it out until Monday when I have a doctors appointment.

Nichole
March 15th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow I'm sorry
Sounds uncomfortable
How did you end up with a fibroid?
March 15th, 2013, 11:36 PM
I have no idea. My periods got really heavy and painful about 3 years ago. Doc said I could get on BC pills to control it, so I thought nothing of it. Then I had a miscarriage last year and learned I had a fibroid. It was fairly small, but has grown considerably this pregnancy. There's nothing to be done about it at this point either, so suffer I shall.

Nichole
March 15th, 2013, 11:37 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sheesh that's awful! I'm sorry it's bothering you so bad. I hope you can find some relief over the weekend...if not you can always go to urgent care! Even if you know what is wrong, maybe they can help make you more comfortable. Poor thing!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 15th, 2013, 11:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ugh
The pains a body can produce with no reason.
I'm sorry that's there.

Will there be anything to do to get rid of it after the baby?
March 16th, 2013, 06:54 AM
It's a little late in the pregnancy, but it is possible that the fibroid is degenerating or dying. I doubt that's the cause of the pain, but I'll take it if that's what it is. I can have it removed, and I'm really considering it.

Nichole
March 16th, 2013, 07:25 AM
pressedfairie's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so sorry you're going through that! My best friend has had a fibroid for about 10 years now. She had to have c-sections with both her kids, as it was too risky to even try for a natural birth. Her fibroid is in a similar position - near or on the cervix. She had horrible pain with her second - it was so scary. But in the end, everything turned out fine. Her fibroid has shrunk some and then grown some over the years; it's the size of a softball now. She will eventually need to get it removed, but hasn't done anything yet.

Thank you peimum for my awesome siggy!
March 16th, 2013, 08:15 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a large cyst removed summer before last and doc found a fibroid on my uterus he went ahead and removed as well while he was in there. I'm really glad he did. Actually he removed the fibroid and like 4 cysts total I think. It was a day surgery and done by laparoscope so no scars. Honestly I'm glad I had it done. I think the pregnancy could have been a lot different if I hadn't. Really hope everything gets better for you soon.
March 16th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yea I'd really get it removed.
Even if it wasn't causing much of a threat before, it's just for comfort sake.
I hope it's a little better today.
March 16th, 2013, 09:42 AM
It's a little better today. I notice it is more painful when I have to use the restroom. I guess there isn't enough space for fibroid and wast of any kind. Such is life for now. I'll definitely get it removed after baby comes.

Nichole

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search