It's about time

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TeeCee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
For years I kept on to old papers, letters, and even random notes.
Its true I collect useless items, I just felt like that was my past and it would be nice to hold on to a piece of it.

I had the day off today and decided to clean up my rooms a bit. Come to find out I still had papers from high school, papers that I only looked over once and ended up placing into a folder. I had letters from my friends who moved away and letters that I wrote but never sent out. Geez, I really just had this mess of the past and the only thing I thought about was how I needed to get rid of it all cause that was my "me time"
I guess since I am still fairly young I felt like I needed to hold on to a piece of everything.
But today, I got the shredder and fed it till it was full. Everything from random notes to school work, I even had some time sheets that I was filling out back in 2009 for an internship. Everything was shredded.

Any of you hold on to things that maybe you should have just thrown away?
Does it bring back certain memories? good or bad?

I wanna know, seeing as I am 22 and pregnant with my first, did any of you feel like letting go of the past with your first pregnancy was just a little harder then it should have been?
March 16th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm also a bit of a collector, but the fact that I've moved 10 times in the last 6 years has forced me to throw a lot away. It's very liberating to not feel like you need to hold onto random scraps of paper.

My husband and I both had to downside a lot when we were moving to the States, and it made me frustrated that we hadn't done it ages before... we were just living with all this stuff that turned out to be trash. Granted it was mostly his stuff getting thrown out, since he'd been living in the same apartment for the past 4 or 5 years.

Congratulations on getting that done. I've found with every purge cycle it makes it a little easier to not start the collection process as enthusiastically as the previous time.
March 16th, 2013, 06:38 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Yes! In fact, I did the same thing myself about a month ago. I couldn't believe how much paper crap I had held onto! I think there is still a lot I could toss, but I lost my motivation to go through it all. I'm tired!
March 17th, 2013, 05:28 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good for you, Nasha!
I probably would have had that problem if we hadn't moved so much in the last 4 years. From OR to AK when we got married, AK to PA when DS was a year old, PA to WA a year later. For the first move, all we took was what we could fit in two small cars. For the move to PA, all we took was what we could fit in ONE small car (and my suitcase, I flew). So at this point I'm determined to hold on to stuff! I'm tired of having to get rid of precious things.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 17th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy

Yea I literally slept in an empty room last night.
It's looks as if though I'm barely moving in. Nothing on my shelves or around my desk. It's bare. Fresh start.
So I'm hoping to get it painted this week. And some what transform it into a room for both baby and I. Since we will be alone most of the time I don't think I'll be ready to set up the other bedroom for the baby to be alone in. The baby items can just be stored in there.
I rather have my baby with me for a few weeks after birth.
EverydayJoy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search