Whopping cough

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 17th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Has anyone had the whopping cough vaccine in the uk ur supposed to get it between 28 and 38 wks so I should be gettin mine now but I've been reading online and totally confused as to weather it's safe but then again I don't want my newborn baby to get it which would be worse when I could have avoided it also I need to take my eldest to school so I will be out as soon as he's born and around school children any advice or knowledge would be greatly appreciated x

March 17th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Veteran
my dr gave it to me and my husband at our visit 2 weeks ago. She said that getting it while pregnant can help pass some immunity to the baby. Then making sure that daddy and grandparents also get one will protect baby after birth.

March 17th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Did u have any side effects mommaerin x

March 17th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
my doctor is pretty lenient with vaccines; she feels it's safe during pregnancy, but is ok with waiting until after delivery. in either case it's good to get sometime because it can be pretty dangerous for babies.
March 17th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Brock's minion
I received mine at 20 weeks. Had no side effects that I know about.

Michelle
March 17th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I talked with my midwife about this. I'm not anti vax, but I am choosy. She said that in our area, and based on our lives, living situation, work situation etc, there is little to no risk of baby catching it as there has been any recent outbreaks. So we haven't been and probably won't be vaccinated, at least during pregnancy.

The vax is as safe as it's gonna get (I'm sure that some people will react poorly and others will do just fine- just like every other vaccine) You gotta do what makes the most sense to you. Figure out what solution you can live with the consequences of and go from there!

March 18th, 2013, 04:49 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This one hadn't even occurred to me and my OB hasn't mentioned it. I don't remember if I'm up to date with it or not. Going to write it on my list of questions to ask at the next appt. Thanks for the reminder!
March 18th, 2013, 05:15 AM
May 2013 Cohost
Mine hasn't mentioned it either...may ask about it at my next appointment.mWe actually have had some outbreaks here.
March 18th, 2013, 07:57 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Personally I won't be getting it, the things that are in vaccines scare me too much, and I don't want to harm my unborn baby. Just my personal opinion.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 18th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I ended up getting it so far no side effects there has been a sharp rise in the cases of whopping cough and babies dying so that's why I thght I should get it just reading stuff online totally freaked me out the joys of google x

Got the jab today so far no side effects thanks for all the advice x

March 18th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Veteran
I didn't have any side effects. Neither did DH or grandparents. It is the same shot as a tetanus though so it makes your arm pretty sore for a few days

March 18th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Veteran
I just got mine today. Pertussis is no joke.

March 19th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Ryan and Alex's Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope, no vaccines here.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search