Measuring on track, FINALLY!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By Erin80
  • 3 Post By rheaimedved
  • 1 Post By kary4
  • 2 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 2 Post By Erin80

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2013, 11:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
She is no longer 3 weeks ahead! I guess it was her position, she has flipped to head down and she's a bit lower.....so that made a big difference. She's measuring right on now. I was a little freaked out for a while!
EverydayJoy and rheaimedved like this.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
March 21st, 2013, 11:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Every time I see a post about babies measuring "ahead" or "behind" in the third trimester, I am going to reiterate that dating via ultrasound or fundal height measurement becomes extremely unreliable in the final 3 months. So long as growth is occurring and there is movement, a strong heartbeat, etc, mothers should NOT be worrying about this.
March 21st, 2013, 12:01 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Rhea - I totally agree. That's why my OB doesn't even tell me how I am measuring...she also doesn't tell me or predict how much the baby weighs. There is no accuracy in the final months. She also allows me to opt out of cervical checks the last 4 weeks bc they also can't predict when you go into labor. You could be walking around 2 cm dilated for weeks...I didn't want the stress if knowing how much I had dilated before labor. I also wanted to minimize the number of cervical checks since I was GBS +
rheaimedved likes this.
March 21st, 2013, 12:32 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Rhea---my OB was concerned with me measuring 2 cm (2 weeks) ahead on the fundal height measurement. I have been consistently that much bigger each time. However, I can't imagine that every woman's belly measures exactly the same every time. I think docs are sometimes obsessed with standards and statistics and don't look at the whole person.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 23rd, 2013, 04:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had been measuring 3 weeks ahead since 22 weeks. I think at first it must have been fluid level, then baby's position.

I don't ask or want cervical checks done either before I go into labour, seems pointless.
EverydayJoy and kary4 like this.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search