When should I

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2013, 07:31 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tour the hospital?
Pack the bags?

I want to now, but it feels so early as I'm just now 30 weeks. When did you ladies do it?

Nichole
March 22nd, 2013, 08:00 PM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are touring the hospital after my last day of work, which is April 18th. I'll pack my bags around the same time just to be safe.

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

March 22nd, 2013, 08:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We're doing a Fri/Sat Lamaze class (which involves a hospital tour) on April 12th and 13th, when I'll be 37 weeks. That's just when it was offered next, so I'm not sure what I would've chosen if it had been up to me.
March 22nd, 2013, 08:41 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I started getting my bag packed around 30 weeks. I just had it out with a few things in it, but getting started made me feel better. I slowly added things to it, and now it's almost all the way done at 34 weeks.
As for touring the hospital, I think you could do that any time you wanted, whether you were 20 weeks or 30 weeks or what have you. It wouldn't hurt to be prepared!
Skimboardin Mama likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 22nd, 2013, 08:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I toured the hospital at 32 weeks.
Only cause they require pre admission paper work at least a month before your due date so they know what they need to prepare as far as birthing options and contacting the delivering doctor.
But that was my hospital. I'm sure it's different for most.
Plus I was only one out of three pregnant women who were showing their bellies the rest in the group of 8 were barely in their second trimester.
March 22nd, 2013, 09:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I also had to submit pre-registration paperwork (I never knew that was a thing, but now I would assume that's standard, so they have an idea at any given time approximately how many women to expect)... I think the paperwork said to submit it before 20 weeks or something (or even earlier), but I was 29 when I submitted it. I hope it got filed properly, because they never sent me the stuff in the mail they said they would. But anyway, that was unrelated to any kind of tours. They just kind of took the paperwork and sent me on my way..
March 22nd, 2013, 10:28 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The hospital I want to deliver at wanted me to pre-register too. I was able to do it by phone.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 22nd, 2013, 11:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
I forgot all about that. I'm going on the next available tour... they give the mom's and a guest a complimentary dinner and a tour. I signed us up but I bet DH won't want to go because we did the tour with DD in 2010. I'll probably start packing my bag during this last week of Spring Break.

March 23rd, 2013, 02:26 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had brought DSD to a sibling class Monday night which included a tour. Now that I'm in here we can your all we want. Otherwise we would have had another tour April 13th with the birthing class I had signed us up for. As for the bags, way before I was having problems I told DH I wanted the bags packed by mid March just in case. I've mentioned my OCDness which makes me a huge pre planner. Drives him nuts sometimes. lol I had been so tired lately though I really hadn't gotten to it until the bp problems started. Then I got everything together quickly just in case.
March 23rd, 2013, 02:42 AM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
I worked where I'm going to deliver, but I did the tour at 34 weeks or so last time around because it came with the class I took.

I plan on pulling out my hospital bag this weekend and starting to pack it. I'll be 32 weeks on Tuesday. I didn't pack my bags last time until I was scheduled to be induced.

My Boring Blog
March 23rd, 2013, 05:14 AM
Veteran
The hospital where I am delivering is not doing any tours until "after the flu season is over" and so they asked me to check again in April
March 23rd, 2013, 05:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I"m 34 weeks and haven't done either yet. It's a different hospital for us, so I'd like to take a tour sometime. I usually don't pack my bag until I go into labor
rheaimedved likes this.

March 23rd, 2013, 08:11 AM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
I haven't done either yet, I am 34 weeks.
But I actually wish I had my bag packed by now. My first son was born at 35 weeks and my labor was fast. I had no time to pack anything. I have no pics of my son right after he was born, I had no clothes no home stuff with me, and we lived 40 minutes from the hospital. Because my son was early and it was our first, my hubby and I were to sad/paranoid to leave him to get stuff at the hospital so it was a bit stressful!! I am picking up some new PJs today and just ordered some granny panties and nursing bras online. They should get to me in the next week, than I will finish packing my personal bad... I still don't have a bring home baby outfit picked out.
better find one!
I haven't done the hospital tour yet, but I have had 2 kids at this hospital already. Still need to do it though!

March 23rd, 2013, 08:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This is my fourth delivery at this hospital so I won't do a tour. I do have to go pre-register. I will do that after my next appointment on the 5th.

I have not started packing at all. I have my list made and will start getting stuff together this week. I hope to have it all packed by 35 weeks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forum Runner
DS-Sully(4)
DS-Gus(2)

March 23rd, 2013, 09:55 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Im almost 34 weeks and nesting BIG time now. Last night I bought some travel size personal items like shampoo and toothbrush and paste and deoderant and body wash. I bought some new undies and socks and slippers too to bring. I plan on starting to back a small bag this weekend. I already packed the baby bag and his outfits.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
March 23rd, 2013, 11:52 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
For me, since I tend to go around 37 weeks, I started this week. Nesting has just set in, finally.

I am about 1/2 done with my bag. A lot of it is stuff I can't put in yet (camera, charger, pregnancy journal, etc). But I have toiletries, pjs, baby clothes, pads, etc. already in there.

As for the "tour" our hospital doesn't do them. Which is a much-complained about aspect of its birth center. BUT, if someone is available to show you around when you go in to pregister, you can take an informal tour. We are planning to preregister this coming week. Our hospital likes a month in advance as well and that means I need to at least do it in the next two weeks.
March 23rd, 2013, 01:14 PM
Sapphera's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My OB clinic did the pre-registration for us, and the only "tour" you can get is online... (basically a power point presentation). That's all we get.

I haven't started packing my bag yet, but I'm not sure when I will. I've always been a "pack 10 mins before we go" kind of person, so packing in advance is pretty foreign to me.. so hopefully I'll get going on that soonish. Just in case
WTTC #2
March 23rd, 2013, 04:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Because of this post, I went to Wal-Mart today and bought a few toiletry items. It wasn't much. I just got some extra deodorant, hair bands, hair clips, and a small clear makeup case to put them in so they are seperate from the rest of the things in my bag, but it is a start. DS1 is on spring break this week so I think I will see if my SIL will watch the boys and go on a little shopping trip. I still have so much to get and so little time.
jcperez and MrsNHigh like this.
DS-Sully(4)
DS-Gus(2)

March 23rd, 2013, 05:36 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It sounds like I should take care of both things in the next 3-4 weeks. I'll preregister at the hospital at my next appointment at 32 weeks adm inquire about a tour. I've made my list for the bags...kinda want to buy a new bag! Lol! I'll make sure it is packed by 34 weeks. Thanks for all the input!
rheaimedved likes this.

Nichole
March 24th, 2013, 04:48 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Just a question....I can understand with your first child about wanting a tour of the hospital but why would you need one after that? I didnt do it with my second, I think I only got it the first time because the lamaze class we were taking offered it. If you've seen it once, why see it again? It's really just the same basic room that you have been in already with the same basic bed that converts to a birthing bed with sterops. Just wondering, are there other reasons for the visit? It's been almost 8 years since my last child and I dont think much has changed.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search