Nursing Bra

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By rheaimedved
  • 1 Post By jcperez
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By misty3281
  • 1 Post By Memi

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2013, 03:24 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anyone else having trouble finding one that fits? I am so annoyed at still not having one, despite looking at probably 4 or 5 stores, that I'm considering just giving up and using my soft sports bra that I have already. I went to Babies R Us today for some other things and hey, they had a maternity section, but no fitting room!!! ARGH!!! I had to go in the restroom to try stuff on and by the time I was done, there was no way I was going to try on other styles or sizes to try to find a bra that fit. Yuck...who wants to try on clothes in the bathroom of all places? I think my best bet is going to be Motherhood Maternity, I hear they have good prices on nursing bras. I don't want to spend more than $30 for one, so hopefully I can get something halfway decent there.
jcperez and Mrsbowbin like this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 23rd, 2013, 04:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I technically have a nursing bra that I bought from Motherhood, but it's sort of too big, and I am generally uncomfortable in it. I'm really counting on that changing once my boobs are filled my milk (I assume they get bigger for this). They have some soft/unstructured nursing bras as well, so I may go check those out. I hate bras so much. Pregnancy has made it that much more difficult.

I can't believe there was no dressing room for you! I might've just stripped down in the middle of the store and tried stuff on right there, you know, in protest.

I also want to encourage you to spend whatever you need to on one good nursing bra if you can find one. It'll be worth it.
EverydayJoy likes this.
March 23rd, 2013, 04:37 PM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Im going through the same thing right now. I would like to get a few good nursing bras and a comfy one for bedtime. I went on motherhood.com and saw a few for a really decent price. They are having a sale buy 3 get one free too. I think I may try them. I would rather go in the store and try them on though. Of all thing I hate buying bras online to get them and be disappointed they dont fit right. Im really picky with my bras. We had this discussion before, lol...I don't want to have unaboob or torpedo boob. I want lift too plus comfort of course, so finding a bra with all these things are hard. Hopefully they are having the same sale in the store as well so I can go in and try them on.
EverydayJoy likes this.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
March 23rd, 2013, 05:01 PM
Thanks Rhea!
Jessica, I'm really picky about how my boobs look in my bra, too. I mean the postpartum period is hard enough on your body without having shapeless boobs, too. Haha!
jcperez likes this.

March 23rd, 2013, 05:31 PM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought a couple if the bravado nursing bras. I actually went to a local store to try them on then bought the size that fit from amazon for much less than the store price. I have 2 sleep nursing bras also that I got from motherhood. They're extremely comfortable. I've been wearing them in the hospital instead of my underwires.
EverydayJoy likes this.
March 23rd, 2013, 06:17 PM
Veteran
Yeah I have been sleeping without a bra for the last few nights b/c I am having problems too. Thank you for the suggestions everyone! I need to buy one for now. Then I'll wait till after baby comes-- I know for a fact, and from experience, that my size will change *dramatically* once my milk comes in.
March 23rd, 2013, 08:31 PM
Brock's minion
I've bought 6 nursing bras so far and to be honest I'm not crazy about any of them. I still want to try them all on again to pick and choose what I'm going to keep.

Michelle
March 23rd, 2013, 09:38 PM
I'm hoping my experience last time will follow this time, that after my milk came in, I went up a size, but then when it leveled out (after that first adjustment period where you're constantly engorged), I went back to my pregnant cup size. Hoping that's the case this time, because I want to buy a bra before I give birth, and not have to go bra shopping in the post partum period! I'm tired enough as it is just being pregnant!

March 24th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had the hardest time with nursing bras with both pregnancies. I still can't wrap my head around how I'm suppose to buy a bra that fits well for a future-chest size that I don't currently have. It's ludicrous! Just remember to keep the tags on bc when your milk comes in your chest will grow and as you lose some baby weight your band size will likely go down.
EverydayJoy likes this.

March 25th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've heard some good things about the Bravado nursing bras... I'm still in my old bras (pre pregnancy) and they are NOT working for me anymore! But I'm holding out until we head down tot he states for our shopping trip and I can pick some up then! I've always bought high end bras, just due to getting the right size and a good fit. it's always been worth it to me to have fewer good bras that I take care of than a bunch of cheapies that don't fit right, or aren't comfortable.

I plan to get a few that fit me now, and then go in once my milk comes in and get a few more, that way down the road when my supply evens out I *should* fit back into the ones that I buy in the next few weeks!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search