Ugh, leg and foot cramps!!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By pressedfairie
  • 1 Post By kary4

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2013, 01:40 AM
Ryan and Alex's Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
These cramps are driving me nuts! It's mostly my feet that bother me. If I bend or point my foot it gets stiff but keeps bending and i have to stand and try to straighten it out for it to stop. It's so painful!! Anyone else get this? i know the legs are normal but the feet...ughhhhhh!!!

March 24th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Brock's minion
I'm in the same boat. Last night mine decided to return, they run from my big toes through my shin and end just under my knee. I also have ones that run from my ankle around the back of my leg to my calf and even some in my thighs. I was woken up with them at 7am today and I'm going bonkers. The only thing that seems to work for me is jumping in the shower and hold water as hot as I can take right on the area. I drink tons of water, eat my banana and still I'm stuck with them. My doc said coconut water is a great preventer for them but it makes me pretty sick to my stomach. Good luck

Michelle
March 24th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Yes that's me too, but i learned from my first pregnancy how to avoid them.... I would wake up crying/yelling from them with DD.

in my sleep or just sometimes when I'm relaxing i'll begin to point my toes and i quickly realize im doing it because the cramping/pain begins and so i flex my foot and calf instead. It's caused by dehydration/and or lack of potassium Mine are from dehydration. Can't stand the pain that comes if it cramps all the way up.. hurts for a couple days after that.

March 24th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Yesterdays was bad and i didn't drink enough water...water is high on my list today! I hate freaking my kids out cause my foot is all gimped and killing me lol!

March 24th, 2013, 10:14 AM
pressedfairie's Avatar Super Mommy
I never had this with DS, but I get them almost every night with this baby. I never get the cramps in my legs, only in my feet, usually when I'm stretching or pointing my toes. Sometimes, I actually have to get out of bed and stand up to get it to go away. Ugh!

Thank you peimum for my awesome siggy!
March 24th, 2013, 10:32 AM
That's the same with me. Yesterday it happend while putting my youngest to bed and he's like what's wrong mommy and wanted to kiss my foot better mean while i'm trying to get out of his bed to stand and flatten my foot out lol.

March 24th, 2013, 11:02 AM
May 2013 Cohost
They're sooo painful...luckily, I can usually feel one coming on (typically in the early morning hours while I am sleeping) and quickly point my toes upward, toward my head...this stops them in their tracks.
Skimboardin Mama likes this.
March 24th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
ahh they're the worst! i've gotten them a lot since adolescence from running... but fortunately not since i've been pregnant. let's see... upping your intake of calcium, magnesium, and potassium can help, water intake (as you know), and spending 10 minutes, twice a day (morning and evening) stretching your legs (after a warm shower or brisk walk, so the muscles aren't cold). also try to get some foot massages out of your husband
March 24th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Veteran
Totally with the other Moms here, good advice !! Potassium (homemade banana shake in the morning for me) and keeping hydrated should help to keep the night time cramps away. Also dont't kneel and put your weight on your feet (like when you are kneeling by the side of the bath, or reading to your children) as it can bring the cramping on.
March 24th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My leg cramped so bad the other night when I got out of bed I couldn't straighten it out... I was stuck standing on my tip toes, and had to physically push my foot flat on the floor. Simultaneously my other foot started cramping!

It was pretty bad and I still feel the muscle twinges now!

March 25th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
YES - my feet do this ALL the time and it's super annoying and painful. I have yet to get a calf cramp yet, but I could if I wasn't careful about how I stretched my legs out when I woke up in the morning. I used to get calf cramps all the time with my first pregnancy, it was SO AWFUL - I'd be yelling into my pillow because it hurt so much!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
March 26th, 2013, 09:13 AM
hangaroo81's Avatar Veteran
Try drinks with electrolytes. It's helped me when water wasn't enough.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search