What else do you need for baby?

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2013, 10:16 AM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Let's take stock...
What have you already purchased?
What do you already have?

I have crib, crib sheets, carseat, clothes, safety kit, swing,/soothing chair thing.

I need a rainforest bouncy chair, diaper bag, diapers, wipes (considering a trial run at making them with a pinterest recipe), receiving blankets, bottles, pump (ugh), and breast milk storage kit.

Oh man! I have a lot to do. I keeps saying I'm only 30 weeks, but time has gone by so fast already. I really need to get on it. We get paid on Friday, so I guess I'll knock some things off my need list them.

Nichole
March 24th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i have: cloth diapers, some onesies/clothes, blankets, a car seat (just bought it yesterday!)

i need: wipes, a place for baby to sleep (crib/bassinet/whatever), a baby carrier (like a backpack), probably some receiving blankets...

my husband REALLY wants one of those automatic swings, so we'll be getting one sometime. i'm mostly thinking of the bare essentials (i'm 34 weeks-- what if this baby decides to come at 37 weeks instead of 40?! that's SO SOON!)
MrsNHigh likes this.
March 24th, 2013, 10:49 AM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know! It's time for us slackers to get it together!!

Nichole
March 24th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Themrs0523's Avatar Super Mommy
Have: clothes, receiving blankets, bath supplies, diapers, wipes, crib, crib sheets, changing table, rock and play sleeper, bouncy chair, pump and breast milk supplies, boopy

Need: new tubing and horns for breast pump, carseat/stroller, baby bathtub, swing, bumbo, to finish painting in her room
March 24th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH just ordered the car seat and diapers/wipes in bulk yesterday and I ordered a hundred bucks worth of infant girl clothes from Babies R Us using a gift card my awesome employees gave me a while back. We got a Bassinet, swing, a Bumbo, and a bouncy chair from my stores so we're just about set. She's staying in our room for a while and we're not sure if she's going upstairs with DS or going to have her own room near ours so we're not setting up a whole room yet. We are going to order Formula right around when she comes so it has a later expiration date and I probably will need to get a Pack and Play and a stroller for going to the boat and summer travel from my stores, and a sling or front carrier for bringing her to work, but don't need those right away either. I'm trying to pack a bag for me for the hospital today, but I'm dragging, especially because I'm pretty sure this one is going to be making a "scheduled" entrance via induction or c-section after my 37 week appointment. Still, I should pack a bag in case. I'll be 33 weeks on Tuesday.
March 24th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsNHigh View Post
I know! It's time for us slackers to get it together!!
Ha I wish i was 30 weeks!!! I'm 4 weeks ahead of you and it's crunch time.

I have a pack n play, car seat, room is painted/decorated, boppy+ cover, diapers, swing, walker, swaddle, receiving blankets, clothes to bring him home, and 2-3 swim outfits for summer (so us!)

We still need wipes, to pack our hospital bags, waiting on his cowboys helmet beanie to arrive (1st week of april), and need to finish nesting.
rheaimedved likes this.

March 24th, 2013, 12:07 PM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
I have just about everything.

Need to finish the boy's rooms. CRIB and CRIB MATRESS!

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
March 24th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Have: a few outfits, car seat, swing
Need: More clothes, new diaper bag, stuff for hospital bags, diapers, wipes, everything else under the sun, stroller.

We co-sleep so there is no need for a crib or packnplay(we have one, but haven't put it up. It was only used for laundry last time.lol. That saves a lot of hassle.
DS-Sully(4)
DS-Gus(2)

March 24th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The only thing I really need yet is formula.
March 24th, 2013, 01:24 PM
markswife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I need to get pre-registered at the hospital. I also need to find out if my insurance will pay for another pump. If so, I need to get that ordered. If not, I need new tubing for my old pump. I think I still have some storage bags and breast pads leftover from DD. If not, I need some of those. My biggest thing left is to get the exercise equipment out of DD's room so we can get her big girl room set up and get the nursery ready for the baby. I have six weeks left. I assume we will use every minute of that to get it done. I was so worried about being ready for DD. This time I'm just like, eh, it will happen! Apparently I think the maternity preparedness fairy exists and will be stopping by my house.
EverydayJoy and MrsNHigh like this.
March 24th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am no where near done. I have lot's of baby t-shirts, i need some more clothing and sleep cloths for her, also a car seat, a diaper bad, diapers, and so much more..

March 24th, 2013, 04:03 PM
pressedfairie's Avatar Super Mommy
I have everything we need, but I still have to organize, wash clothes, put things away, put things together, etc. I also need to pack my hospital bag. I'm hopefully going to do all this in the next week or so...then I can just relax!

Thank you peimum for my awesome siggy!
March 24th, 2013, 05:16 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I still need to pack my hospital bag, preregister, finish DS's new room so he can move into it before baby comes, and get a bunch of little things. Plus I need to organize and wash stuff. And clean the house.

I have tons of new outfits for baby girl (none washed), a bouncy seat, a Bumbo, a Pack N Play, a bassinet, a car seat (not installed yet), diapers/wipes, a few pacis, and bottles/nipples (not cleaned yet).

I feel like I have so much to do still and it's overwhelming.
March 24th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
The only thing I actually *need* for the baby is a new car... so we can get home and all. We were going to go car shopping this weekend, but it's been thunderstorming these past two days, so that was a bust.

I have a lot to do around the house to get ready for the baby though.
Skimboardin Mama likes this.

My Boring Blog
March 24th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have the stroller, car seat, clothes, some diapers, wipes, swing and Moses basket but I've still got so much to do
I haven't got a crib no idea where that's going to go since we live in a 2 bed flat, pack bags for me and dd and get stuff like nursing bras trying to wait till I finish work I feel so unorganised for 34 wks x
MrsNHigh likes this.

March 24th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Brock's minion
I have everything but a high hair, pretty sure I have some time for that.
EverydayJoy and MrsNHigh like this.

Michelle
March 24th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I already have most things from DS so I'm just purchasing "extras" for this LO.

So far I have purchased:
New bottles (DH hated the others we used)
New breast pump
RnP
Newborn cloth diapers (didn't start with DS until 9 months old)
Nursing cover
Baby sling carrier
Double stroller

I still need to buy:
Extra video monitor camera
Carseat canopy
Matching big brother/little brother t-shirts
CD inserts
MrsNHigh likes this.

Last edited by Memi; March 25th, 2013 at 09:50 AM.
March 25th, 2013, 12:28 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have already or have already bought:
Baby swing, bassinet, lots of baby blankets and enough clothes for now, several packs of diapers, diaper rash cream, pacifiers, a couple bottles, breast pump, breast milk storage bags, baby bathtub and bath stuff (washcloths, etc), car seat, postpartum care stuff for me, nursing pads, and I have a baby carrier (soft fabric sling kind) coming in the mail, yippee! I also have a more structured front-pack I kept from DS that I love.

I need--
A nursing bra!! And unscented baby wipes. I honestly think that's about all I absolutely need. Of course there are some things I'd like--like a few more changes of clothes, some more baby socks, and a few more postpartum items for me, but all in all, I'm pretty much good to go!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Last edited by EverydayJoy; March 25th, 2013 at 12:34 AM.
March 25th, 2013, 06:18 AM
MrsLisaT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are getting there! After having a shower and lots of hand-me-downs from sisters, we have a lot of the essentials already (and non-essentials), including car seat, crib, cradle, some clothes, blankets, bath supplies, bouncy chair, swing, etc.

What we still need/want are more cloth diapers, more baby clothing (waiting for yard sales to start), baby monitor, nursing supplies including a pump, and an Ergo baby carrier. As far as things we need to do, we have to finish painting the nursery, get it organized, clean the house, and pack hospital bags. Still feels like a lot to do but it is nice to be making progress!
March 25th, 2013, 06:51 AM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
I still haven't picked out the bring home baby outfit for my baby boy, and I need to purchase some newborn disposable diapers! I am actually going to cloth diaper after a month or 2.
I recently purchased the last things I needed which included a double stroller, cloth diapers, pack and play, socks and hand covers for baby boy.
Thankfully I got all the shampoo, lotion, and pacifiers I will need from the baby shower, as well as some cute 0-3 month clothing AND BREAST PUMP.
I already have everything else I need for the most part, nursing clovers blankets so on... I also just found someone who I am getting a glider from. So I have all the furniture I need for baby.
I also bought nursing pads, and granny undies and all that stuff I will need after labor! (including my new pjs and nursing bras! I AM SO EXCITED!

I think I am pretty much set on buying things, just need to get it all ready now for baby.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search