Annoyed

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Skimboardin Mama
  • 2 Post By Ryan and Alex's Mommy
  • 1 Post By rheaimedved
  • 1 Post By TeeCee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm the first grandchild to have a baby and well... I seriously am not so happy about the comments.

It's been years since our family has had anyone pregnant.
And a first for my cousins and siblings, so they don't know the exact emotions that come with pregnancy.
My older cousin calls me "Juno" which was cute at first now I'm pissed. And she's constantly touching and rubbing on my belly! I hate it!!
Then I'm always getting the "you're still small" comments. Or "your tummy feels funny. "
If they don't like it then why do they keep feeling it or looking at it.
Lastly... I've been feeling tired fast this past two weeks. Mind you it's not like me to not feel up to a walk or to refuse a shopping day. I'm just not in any mood to do much now. ESP with my hormones u predictable. They don't understand any of it.
If I sit down during a family function I'm labeled as "lazy" and I get the comments "we never got tired while we were pregnant with you all" or "you need to keep moving so your body can be strong for labor"
I JUST NEED 5 MINS TO CATCH MY BREATH AND LET MY FEET REST!!
And god forbid if I feel upset or mad.
They end up getting mad at me and telling me to calm my hormonal self down.

I feel like a test rat.
Just a few more weeks till the baby is here and their attention is on the baby and not my pregnancy.
March 25th, 2013, 12:40 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow how annoying! You definitely deserve time to rest and put your feet up! Especially with everything you are doing, work and school, yikes you should be resting every spare minute.
What does "Juno" mean?
I'm sorry you're getting all the flak. You definitely don't need that right now!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 25th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry. Comments can hurt. I don't know what "Juno" means either, but I'm guessing its not nice. Hang in there.

March 25th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Have you heard of the movie?

It's a movie called "Juno"
About a high school teenager who gets pregnant by a skinny track runner. She ends up giving her baby up for adoption.
It's pretty much a teen mom kind of story.
March 25th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
that would all irk me too. I was seriously feeling great then I hit the 8 month marker and now I'm just tired! I get tired cleaning, walking is such a chore, and i'm just uncomfortable. everyone says i'm small, but I'm big for ME! I've gained 24 lbs in 8ish months. that's a lot for these legs to carry. Plus it doesn't help i'm getting beat up from the inside out lol.

I really think older ladies don't remember what it was like exactly being preggo.... or they want to win you over in the great "Mompetition"....... some annoying lady at work keeps giving me crap because I don't want to do grades on maternity leave and because I'm leaving 2 weeks before my due date....

"apparently" she worked all the way up to the day of with her 3 children and probably walked 5 miles to the hospital, alone, barefoot, in the snow to deliver

Hang in there hun!
EverydayJoy and rheaimedved like this.

March 25th, 2013, 08:14 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, I hadn't seen that movie, Nasha, but sheesh...I would be really annoyed too. Maybe you need to sit everyone down and tell them the putdowns need to stop!

I agree that the older ladies probably don't remember what it was like. Heck, even just 3 years later, I have forgotten just how uncomfortable it is in the final stretch and how difficult it can be to get decent sleep. So, someone who did it 20 or 30 years ago, yeah they're not going to remember.
With my first, I was tired almost the whole pregnancy. I did work up to 2 weeks prior to my due date, and then I just couldn't take it anymore, I was exhausted. Then I just paced the floor at home until he was born

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 25th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yea I totally agree. Even with my 15 pound gain so far I feel overly big. And because I feel big my emotions are just raging. And ready for all this to be over.

Yep none of my aunts have been pregnant for 10 years plus.. So me being pregnant it's a new start again.
Kind of wish I wasn't the first to be having a child.
But just a few more weeks.
March 25th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Ryan and Alex's Mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate certain comments to...i don't even say anything back i just walk off like i have to find one of my kids. I'm extremly tired to and have to stop and rest a lot. I find if i'm walking it's fine but if i stop and stand for a bit i need to sit. I don't get how people who've already had kids make all these stupid comments...like they haven't been there before.
Skimboardin Mama and TeeCee like this.

March 25th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
The Juno comments are really inappropriate, given that you are an adult, keeping your child. And it's a cute movie, to those who haven't seen it. Really popular, too..

Some of the comments your cousins are making (apart from the Juno ones) are just the kinds of normal comments people make... I'm sure they're just interested and excited, so don't take those so seriously. But the ones about you being lazy are flat out stupid. Studying and working full time certainly allows you to sit on your butt and do nothing as often as you're able (which I assume is not very often). It doesn't matter how insensitive they're being, any reaction from you is gonna be painted as "hormonal." Unfair? Absolutely.
TeeCee likes this.
March 25th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think being away from them would give me some down time.
I'm not in any mood to be arguing or getting upset.
So I spent the morning with my dad and I ended up napping for at least 3 hours while the neighbors kids were at school. Once those kids are home it's non stop madness lol
rheaimedved likes this.
March 25th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad you got some rest!!!!

Sorry about the comparison to the movie. Sending you a great big "Your doing a great job hug!"

March 25th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Awe thank you!!
I need those more often.

It's been such an experience handling my first pregnancy as a single mommy to be.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search