34 week check up

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes
  • 7 Post By kary4
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By Sapphera
  • 2 Post By kary4
  • 1 Post By Skimboardin Mama
  • 1 Post By Memi
  • 1 Post By kary4

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2013, 12:33 PM
May 2013 Cohost
So I had my 34 week check up this am. It went really well! I got an ultrasound to check the baby's position. To my surprise, baby is actually in the right position for labor, head down and facing up! So no back labor...unless she moves between now and then. I also didn't have any sugar in my urine - a first this pregnancy! (No protein either, yeah!)

At my next appointment I will be getting tested for GBS - I really hope I am negative this time around. I believe all those antibiotics during my first delivery contributed to our thrush issue- I really don't want to repeat that.

Oh, and I finally preregistered for the hospital today. I'm finally starting to pick up steam and nest more.

Time is flying!
March 25th, 2013, 01:10 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You're so close!

Nichole
March 25th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah for a good appointment! I skipped my 34 week appt and will just go in next week. Glad all looked good! Thanks for reminding me about preregistering!!

March 25th, 2013, 01:18 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's awesome!
I've been trying to remember, is the proper position when their face is facing your tummy, or your spine? I am thinking their face is supposed to face your spine, but I can't recall.
Skimboardin Mama likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 25th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Sapphera's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
From everything I've read, you want them facing your spine ?? But I could be wrong
Skimboardin Mama likes this.
WTTC #2
March 25th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Idk why but 34 weeks sounds sooooo close to delivery. And I'm less then a week from that. Ill be 34 weeks this week.

Good!! Glad your check up went well!!
Good news for being so close
March 26th, 2013, 06:29 AM
May 2013 Cohost
I just read online the optimal position is facing your back, not your stomach. It's called OA, or occiput anterior. She said I was in this position. Guess I got mixed up when posting! So baby was head down, facing down!

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/pregnan...g#.UVGhm2t5mK0
March 28th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Glad baby is in the right position and thanks for clearing up the face up thing. My baby is in head down facing my back too but the doctor said "you can sneeze" (jokingly I think) and the baby can then decide to turn breech.... this happened during delivery in my DD's case. That's how we ended up with a frank breech our first go around lol.
ashj_1218 likes this.

March 28th, 2013, 10:28 AM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you had a great appointment!

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
March 28th, 2013, 06:43 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad all is well! Tick tock, tick tock. The countdown is on!

March 28th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, you want baby to come out facing your spine, not "sunny side up". It's actually when they are facing up and it is their back next to your back that is painful and causes back labor. You want them facing down. However, most babies will rotate during labor and aren't in utero face down to begin with, most are sideways so they only have to rotate a quarter of the way so to speak.
EverydayJoy likes this.

March 29th, 2013, 11:29 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
^^Cool, I actually did not know that!

Mine is currently facing my left side, head down, with her spine along my right side. She has been that way for several weeks now. Interesting how she might stay that way and just turn a quarter to get out. At least I hope!

Yay for a great appt. I also think 34 weeks sounds so far along. Anything past where I am sounds so close. Lol. But it is great the appt went so well and everything is checking out nicely. Hard to believe that in just a couple weeks people will start popping out full term babies!!
March 29th, 2013, 11:34 AM
May 2013 Cohost
I know...I will be 35 weeks tomorrow! Then full term in two weeks. OMG! Still have a ton to do.
EverydayJoy likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search