Baby positioning

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By MrsNHigh
  • 1 Post By MrsNHigh
  • 1 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By TeeCee
  • 1 Post By rheaimedved
  • 1 Post By ashj_1218
  • 1 Post By usnwifey9
  • 1 Post By Skimboardin Mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2013, 03:27 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was looking up what position is ideal for baby to be in, because I couldn't remember if it was face up or face down. So I found that it's supposed to be baby facing your back, with their back and little bum facing your belly. I found a website that has some suggestions on how to have good posture to encourage your baby to be in a good position for labor. In case anyone is curious (or perhaps bordering on obsessive?) like me:
http://www.homebirth.org.uk/ofp.htm
I think my little guy is in the right position, I know he's head down anyway! So I just want him to stay that way!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12

Last edited by EverydayJoy; March 25th, 2013 at 03:32 PM.
March 25th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yea
I am happy with baby being head down
I didn't think baby had to be faced a certain way.
March 25th, 2013, 04:49 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Baby boy is breech right now. Perhaps he'll make that turn soon.
Skimboardin Mama likes this.

Nichole
March 25th, 2013, 04:59 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You just made me google! Ugh! I found a website called turn baby turn, and the lady suggests putting a bag of frozen vegetables where you think the baby's head is to make it turn....uuhhhhh, 'scuse me? Not freezing my tiny baby's tiny brain to make him turn. Wacky!
Skimboardin Mama likes this.

Nichole
March 25th, 2013, 05:40 PM
pressedfairie's Avatar Super Mommy
I have an ultrasound tomorrow, and I'm really hoping baby is head down now. She has been transverse at every ultrasound so far.

Thank you peimum for my awesome siggy!
March 25th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Woah ice pack to make baby turn? I wouldn't do that either!
We still have lots of time for our babies to turn though, sometimes they only turn hours before you go into labor, or even during labor.
MrsNHigh likes this.

March 25th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yea I agree Joy

The one thing that they tell pregnant women in my cultural is keep walking.
Sounds lame but it works.
Walking does a miracle in pregnancy.
EverydayJoy likes this.
March 26th, 2013, 01:24 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Avery is head down and face forward as of yesterday.
March 26th, 2013, 06:00 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
As of last week he was head down facing my back...yay! Just hope he can stay that way another 5 weeks!

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
March 26th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We won't have an ultrasound to confirm baby's position until much later, if it's needed at all. Right not, I'm pretty sure baby is transverse

March 26th, 2013, 09:18 AM
I have an ultrasound this Thursday to check on baby's kidneys, so I can ask which way he's facing then.

March 26th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
When I had that horrible rash on my stomach, ice was pretty much the only thing that stopped the itching and burning, but I felt terrible icing the baby! All I know is that he's head down now... not sure when another ultrasound will be, but I'm not worried about it for the time being.
March 26th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Rhea, I would think it wouldn't be too bad for baby, because they are cushioned in the amniotic fluid, and that keeps them at a nice, comfortable temperature. I think they really would only get "cold" if your core temperature dropped below normal, i.e. you were hypothermic. That's how I understand it anyway!

March 26th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I didn't feel so bad that I didn't use ice But after seeing him shift to the iceless side of my belly (creating a hilarious looking bulge) after I held the ice pack too long on one side, I decided to try and be a little quicker and even about the icing process.
EverydayJoy likes this.
March 26th, 2013, 10:12 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been stressing about positioning for the past couple of months, my daughter was sunny side up and I had terrible back labor and I do not want that again!

March 26th, 2013, 10:19 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsNHigh View Post
You just made me google! Ugh! I found a website called turn baby turn, and the lady suggests putting a bag of frozen vegetables where you think the baby's head is to make it turn....uuhhhhh, 'scuse me? Not freezing my tiny baby's tiny brain to make him turn. Wacky!
You might if you had a 37- weeker who was breech and were facing a general anesthesia c-section I know I didn't care much about his comfort at that stage. I did that trick (well, I used a heating pad on my lower abdomen and an ice pack on top to encourage him to turn toward the heat). I am quite sure he was not that uncomfortable. It didn't seem to make him want to move at all! Lol.

My baby was positioned ideally last week. But who knows where she is now. Kieran was also positioned ideally...until 37 weeks! I felt hiccups on my middle left side a couple nights ago...so I am wondering if she flipped to a new position. They used to be low and right.
rheaimedved likes this.
March 26th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
As long as baby is head down I'm all good.

March 27th, 2013, 11:49 PM
usnwifey9's Avatar Veteran
DD has actually been in a head down position for a while now (and I hope she stays that way! ;P), but a girlfriend of mine said her daughter was breech and she was told to do a certain yoga pose (something about a cat? lol), and it actually helped her DD move to a head down position .
EverydayJoy likes this.

March 28th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsNHigh View Post
LOL glad I read this... I'm having quite a bit of pain at all times since baby went head down. It's worse at the end of the day and I was tempted to put an ice pack down there but now i'll avoid it if there's a possibility he'll get brain freeze and flip out lol.
EverydayJoy likes this.

March 28th, 2013, 10:25 AM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, you definitely don't want a sunny side up baby, but it's not very common at all. I've heard that makes for a painful birth if not caught until the end!

Our little guy has been head down from the day he was conceived (at least it feels that way) but I think he still flips back up or face up several times a day.

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search