An interesting take on the birthing experience

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree22Likes
  • 2 Post By MrsNHigh
  • 3 Post By TeeCee
  • 1 Post By rheaimedved
  • 2 Post By ashj_1218
  • 5 Post By Elly M.
  • 3 Post By Counting our Blessings
  • 1 Post By pressedfairie
  • 2 Post By EverydayJoy
  • 1 Post By rheaimedved
  • 1 Post By kary4
  • 1 Post By Skimboardin Mama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2013, 05:08 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I Had A C-Section And I Loved It : The Baby Project : NPR
Very fascinating take on a c-section. It's actually kind of comforting. I don't want a c-section, but her thoughts and experience are refreshing.
pressedfairie and EverydayJoy like this.

Nichole
March 25th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nice!!
I like that.
It's clearly true. Which ever way our babies are born doesn't mark the type of parents we are.
As long as the babies are healthy and finally in this world THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS!

I know I want a natural birth but at the same time I'm open for every option as long as it means that my baby is fine.

Thanks for sharing
March 25th, 2013, 05:23 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes. I think the fact that the outcome is more important than the process rings so true and strikes a chord with me.

Nichole
March 25th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
As much of a supporter of natural birth that I am, I can relate to a lot of her sentiments.
EverydayJoy likes this.
March 26th, 2013, 10:50 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
You know, she is brilliant. And I admire her. Because I do feel that we put a lot of stress on mama from the moment her pee stick turns pink (or blue). Everyone can have different experiences and love them just as much. There is not a one-size-fits-all style of motherhood...therefore we shouldn't expect there to be one for birth either.
pressedfairie and EverydayJoy like this.
March 26th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That made me feel so much better about what I am feeling these days. To be honest? I want a c section. I was afraid to admit that to you girls, but after reading that, I don't feel so alone when it comes to how I feel about delivery. I have always admired anyone who wants to have a natural birth, but it is just not for me. I am terrified of having to go natural. I had a very hard time with my sons delivery, and I can honestly say that I do not want to go through that again. I did have an epidural with him, but I tore so badly with him, and sorry for the TMI, but I have a scar down there that tears back open when I ride my horse for long periods of time. He was very large for my frame, had trouble through the birth canal, and was blue when he was born and all of that just scared me to the point of wanting a c section this time. My dr has already said if Chase is anywhere near as big as my Shawn was, he will be urging me to get a c section, which is just fine with me.

I have friends and family who roll their eyes at me, and tell me that I don't know what I am talking about. That really hurts my feelings. They have no idea how I feel and I really don't think it is anyone's right to judge me. Like this article says, these choices do not make me less of a mother. I am a fantastic mother, and I really need to stop feeling ashamed about my L&D choices and desires.

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

March 26th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree Elly. I'm sorry you had such a rough time with delivery of your son. My last baby was 9 lbs 14 oz at 39 weeks and I'm praying this one is smaller

I've been able to have 9 natural deliveries, and I think a big part of that is staying away from epidurals and pain meds and being able to get in a good birthing position to push. I think it makes all the difference. But I also know my uterus doesn't get better with experience, and if it comes to a c/s I want to be prepared for that as well. Good for her for highlighting the positive!

Lots of people will criticize, but really, it comes down to a woman being happy with her birth, and if she is wonderful! It's just the start of competitions and comparisons about being a Mommy.

Thanks for sharing!

I had to laugh at the sheet pulling....guilty

March 26th, 2013, 03:43 PM
pressedfairie's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly M. View Post
I have friends and family who roll their eyes at me, and tell me that I don't know what I am talking about. That really hurts my feelings. They have no idea how I feel and I really don't think it is anyone's right to judge me. Like this article says, these choices do not make me less of a mother. I am a fantastic mother, and I really need to stop feeling ashamed about my L&D choices and desires.
It's awful that anyone would be so insensitive to your feelings about childbirth. You've been through it before, and I don't blame you for wanting a different experience this time around. There are so many birthing options these days, and I just think that whatever you and your doctor decide is what's best for you. So you shouldn't feel bad about wanting the experience that you want. I get flack from family about me wanting a VBAC, so I know how it feels.
Elly M. likes this.

Thank you peimum for my awesome siggy!
March 26th, 2013, 06:09 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow Elly. I'm sure if that's the experience I had had when birthing mine, I'd be all for a C section too. I couldn't help but wince when you said your scar tissue splits open...OW!!! That sounds like something I'd definitely want to avoid next time around, too. More power to you! And your family and friends can take a hike, they weren't the ones who went through it!
Elly M. and kary4 like this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 26th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ouch, Elly I'd feel free to be as graphic as possible when justifying your desire for a c-section to others... soooo not their business.
Elly M. likes this.
March 26th, 2013, 06:54 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I wouldn't mind a C section either...especially if I can't get my epidural due to my low platelets. I'm terrified of natural birth!
Elly M. likes this.
March 28th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Loved reading this post. I didn't have a c-sec the first time around but this time, if it happens it happens and I don't judge any woman based on that only they and their docs know what's best for them and their babies. Mama's are wonderful people and pregnancy isn't all rainbows and butterflies everyone deals with more than enough and no one needs pressure or negative comments from others.

And Elly oh my goodness!!! That's all I can say!
Elly M. likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search