Water works

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By TeeCee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2013, 12:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had lunch with my grandma and uncle.
Both who are very into Jesus and God.
We are a religious family. I grew up with my Hispanic grandma and Native American grandpa. Both rich in cultural and both strongly connected to God.
We started our lent on Ash Wednesday and fast every Wednesday and Fridays up until the Wednesday before Holy Thursday. And for those who aren't familiar with lent, we fast on Wednesdays and Fridays as a sign of forgiveness, asking Jesus to forgive us for causing him crucifixion.
And Holy Thursday and Good Friday are the days in which Jesus was laid to his grave for our sins.
Anyways we began to discuss our traditions and our belief. It's amazing at how strongly we held onto our faith.
So my sister surprised me with dinner and a home video. It was the video of the last Christmas my grandpa ever spent with us.
In the video he talks about his belief in a higher power, how hes proud of all of us and how he prays that after he's gone that we continue our family's traditions.
I sat for most of the afternoon crying.
Crying cause I missed him, crying cause I'm scared to be a mother.
It's amazing at what pregnancy causes a women to feel. The amount of love given to a child you haven't met. And that's where Easter came into play.these next few days lead up to the most amazing thing to ever happen to man kind. A mother let her child be brutally beaten to death because he was seen as a threat, knowing all along that her son was the son of god and that no matter what he would be in good hands.
Mothers protect their child, they care for them and love them. But the love she had for her son was beyond anyone's control. She gave her son up so that the rest of us sinners would wake up to a clean slate. A new start. Jesus died for our sins while his mother watched.
Easter for us in my cultural is beyond powerful. We not only were raised to love and pray for our families but we were taught to unselfishly love and pray for the world. No matter how cruel some people may be, it is with everyone's good hearts and good intentions that we continue to grow old.
I won't be on as much the remainder of this week on to next week. Our Easter activities began yesterday on Palm Sunday and will continue on till next week Wednesday.

I just ask you wonderful ladies to do one thing...
I know some of you aren't so religious but I hope you all wake up on Easter Sunday and thank the world for prayers. God doesn't know race or religion, but if you speak from your heart he understands.
I will be with my family, praying for each and every one of you. For our babies who will soon enter this world. For our families and for our world. Native American or not we all live in one world and therefore I was raised to love each and everything.

Many blessings to you all... Until next week.. Take care
March 26th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Amen! I hope you enjoy the Easter season, our family is in extra prayer and study this week as well.

Have you seen the movie the Passion that was out 7-8 years ago? Wow. As a mother, my heart breaks not only for Jesus, but for Mary as well. It's' amazing the love God has for us

Thanks for sharing!

March 26th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Passion of the Christ? Directed by Mel Gibson?
I cried from the start to the end.
Ohh the heart ache that movie brought.
The way they portrayed Mary, so strong yet the amount of pain.

It's on Netflix from now till April 6th if anyone wants to watch.
March 26th, 2013, 10:28 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I watched the Passion, too, and at the time I was determined not to cry, because everyone told me I was going to bawl the whole time. I stood steadfast until the part where Mary sees Jesus stumble while carrying the cross and has a flashback to when he was a child. That was before I even had kids so I bet if I watched it now I would be a puddle of tears!

Nasha, thank you for your prayers for us all, we appreciate it

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 28th, 2013, 01:06 AM
usnwifey9's Avatar Veteran
That was a beautiful post! I am a Christian though far from perfect, and I often stand in amazement at the amount of love and mercy that has been showered upon us by God. I watched "Passion of the Christ" many years ago, and both my husband and I were in tears begging the people behind the tv screen to stop with the beatings and torture. It was too much to even bear to watch . The sacrifice that Jesus made for all of us can never be matched, and as a mother I don't know how I could ever stand by and watch my child be brutally treated in such a way. But God did this for all of us because He loves us that much.

Thank you for the reminder and may we all have a blessed Easter!

March 28th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Thank you so much for including us all in your prayers. I know how much your grandpa means to you from reading about how he visited you in your dreams. Just remember he's definitely one of your angels and is here to help you through this all.

I was also emotional with my first... now I'm sad with my second and get teary eyed because being in our bellies is so much safer than being in this world. Once they're out here we can only protect them so much and they grow too fast!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search