Ligament Pains

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Please tell me someone else is experiencing these. This is like nothing I've had in any of my previous pregnancies.

I get sharp, crampy pains on the bottom/sides of my belly, right where you would expect ligament pain to be. They come on gradually for no apparent reason and get worse and worse, like a side stitch. There is literally nothing that helps and nothing I can do to ease the pain. Then randomly they go away and are gone. Sometimes they only last a few minutes, sometimes it's more like half an hour.

Every other pregnancy I have been able to alleviate them by lying on one side or the other. This time nothing helps.

Are other people getting these?
March 26th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
I was getting a lot of ligament pains in the early stages of pregnancy. They seem to have subsided for me now, but I think they are very common in the later stages of pregnancy. Pelvic and hip joint pain seem to have taken their place...

Hope you find some relief soon!

March 26th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sometimes when I go for walks I feel a lot of strain in my lower abdomen, but sitting down and putting my legs up relieves it pretty much instantly.

I've also been having a strong pulling sensation in my groin lately. It comes on pretty quickly and usually can be fixed by doing a hip flexor stretch. It's crazy uncomfortable. All in all, I've had way more problems in various areas of my pelvis... in the beginning it was in the back (and I could barely walk) and more recently in the pubic bone.
March 26th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Themrs0523's Avatar Super Mommy
I had a lot at the beginning of pregnancy too. Now I only get it when I sneeze or cough unexpectedly. And I do still get sore, Especially right under my belly where the rough ligaments are but it is not painful anymore. Sorry I am not any help. Might be worth mentioning to your doctor. I know they always told me to try to drink even more water than I already am and that might help.
March 27th, 2013, 11:42 PM
usnwifey9's Avatar Veteran
I'm not sure if I'm feeling the same pain as you, but I do have that achiness in the same area which is usually made worse when trying to change positions especially when sleeping at night ;(. Thank goodness we have bars on our headboard which is what I use to stabilize myself as I turn into a different position with one big movement as opposed to a gradual shift in direction. I agree that it is totally uncomfortable, and I hope you find some relief soon!

March 28th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm finding that it helps a lot to wear a support belt for the times I'm standing or walking for very long. I don't know what your daily activity is like, but if you're standing/moving around much, you might give it a shot?
March 28th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm already wearing one all the time. It has helped a lot with other kinds of pain! But whatever this other kind of pain is, it's happening anyway. Maybe I will mention it to my doctor next time but I can't imagine she'll think it's anything.
March 28th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes! I have been getting the same thing all week. They do not go away no matter what I do, and alst for long periods of time. They almost feel like bad menstrual cramps at times. I have just thought it is from the little guy getting bigger and my belly and what not stretching. Since he is as active as always, I have not been to concerned. It is frustrating at times though. I hope it goes away for you!

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

March 28th, 2013, 12:48 PM
hangaroo81's Avatar Veteran
I started getting ligament pain about a month ago. It usually happens when I sleep or stretch weird, overdoing myself with choirs, standing, etc. I called my doctor and her nurse told me that lying on the side of the ligament pain may help as well as taking some tylenol. Lying on the side of where the pain was occurring didn't help me much but the tylenol did.

Last edited by hangaroo81; March 28th, 2013 at 12:52 PM.
March 28th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Veteran
If I were to describe the pains I've been getting, it would be exactly the same as you described!!! It hurts! I put an ice pack on it last time and it helped a bit (along with putting feet up on sofa)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search