Motherhood maternity jeans suck!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2013, 10:29 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bought a pair about 5 months ago, and they are falling apart! Remind me never to buy their jeans again. You'd think maternity jeans could at least last ONE pregnancy!
I called the store and they said it's too late to return them. Of course.
Going to call their corporate office if I don't get some sort of reimbursement. Pregnancy hormones, don't fail me now! lol

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 27th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah word to that. I bought a pair and they just never really fit right... they're also a little too short, even in the "long" size. I meant to return them but lost the receipt. I saw a woman getting a really hard time about a return in one of their stores once because she had removed the tags from the clothing. Total bs. I just get the impression they aren't very return friendly. I live in yoga pants now (and I just bought a maxi dress for some variety..)
March 27th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Hm that's just not right. If anything, they should have a more flexible return policy, because who wants to piss off pregnant women? hah!
Skimboardin Mama likes this.

March 27th, 2013, 11:06 AM
pressedfairie's Avatar Super Mommy
I bought some when I was about 7 months pregnant with DS. I was contantly having to pull them up. I tried wearing them again this time around, and the seam on the band is falling apart...so not worth wearing anymore. I have a pair of Gap maternity jeans that I love. They're way better.
Skimboardin Mama likes this.

Thank you peimum for my awesome siggy!
March 27th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Sapphera's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have ot say, I've had 2 pairs from Motherhood and wear them constantly and haven't had any problems with them. One was from the "clearance" rack and was labelled as regular and were obviously long so I had to have them hemmed, the other pair was great.

So... I don't know if it's the "brand" of the different jeans (because they do carry a few different ones).. *shrug*
WTTC #2
March 27th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I tries a bunch of pair there and did not like any of them. The two pair I have are from babiesrus maternity section and they are great! I think the brand is called thyme ?? Not sure. If you can get to babaiesrus try the out, they are awesome and so comfortable.

5/25/03 with us for 6 months
8/11/12 with us for 5 weeks

March 27th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Hey Elly the Babies R Us that's near us, has no fitting room! So you have to take the clothing into the public restroom there to try it on. Yuck! So I am sorry to say I won't be buying any maternity clothing from Babies R Us. Even though it looks cute!

Sapphera, that's entirely possible that it's a particular brand that is bad. Or maybe I just got a bad "batch".
rheaimedved likes this.

March 27th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Sapphera's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Or it could be the stuff made for us plus sized mommas is a different quality We don't have any other choice up here really (thyme only goes to XL and their idea of XL is pretty pitiful)...so maybe we get better stuff... LOL
EverydayJoy and Mrsbowbin like this.
WTTC #2
March 27th, 2013, 01:40 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I have two pairs from them that I got when I was pregnant with my first...and I love them! They still work now. Sorry they don't work for you - that stinks.
EverydayJoy likes this.
March 27th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't wear pants, it's always skirts or dresses. I don't have any trouble with them, and I would bet they are so much more comfy than jeans. Might be worth a try.

Sorry you were disappointed.
rheaimedved likes this.

March 27th, 2013, 03:28 PM
I've got half a mind to make a comfy skirt! Now I just need some jean fabric
I do love my jeans! But I have a skirt pattern I have made a couple times awhile back, and did love wearing it. It was long, so it was easy to be comfortable in whatever way I wanted to sit (not worrying like I would a shorter skirt).

March 27th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can understand why return policies would be strict for maternity wear, if only because you only use it for such a short period of time, I'm sure they want to discourage people buying the clothes and returning them as soon as they aren't needed.

And yeah dresses are where it's at. Or yoga pants I have no patience for being uncomfortable these days.
March 27th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Kenzie's Avatar Photography Momma
I have a pair of Motherhood jeans and I love them! I have had no problems with them at all!
March 27th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
I've been alternating between 2 pairs of jeans from Motherhood Maternity and haven't had any problems. I can't compare them to other brands because they're the only ones I've ever had. That's too bad that they're falling apart for you! They're too expensive for that! The brand I have is Indigo Blue, in case that's helpful to anyone.

March 27th, 2013, 08:31 PM
I have Indigo Blue too, I only have one pair, because of the expense. The store said it's better to have 2 pair to trade out, but even if I wear 1 pair constantly they should last longer than 5 months. I am waiting to hear back from the store manager.

March 27th, 2013, 11:32 PM
usnwifey9's Avatar Veteran
I have 3 pairs of pants from MM that I use on a regular basis (leggings, jeans, and a pair of navy blue cotton pants). The leggings have been great albeit somewhat see-through =/. The jeans look great, but are CONSTANTLY falling down and having to be readjusted; they are my least fave and I will avoid wearing them if I can lol. The navy blue pants are SOO comfy, but unfortunately the top of the stretchy panel started unraveling a couple washes ago ;(. It's a bit of a nuisance, but I'm willing to deal with it because of how well they fit . As tempting as it is to buy new maternity clothes, it's so close to the end of my pregnancy that I'd rather just make the most of what I've got .

I'm sorry the MM pants you have didn't work out for you ;(. I hope you'll be given some sort of compensation. They cost way too much for you to not be happy with them!
EverydayJoy likes this.

March 28th, 2013, 01:54 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have 3 pairs of jeans, khaki slacks, a dress, some shirts, and a skirt I bought from Motherhood. One of the jeans I outgrew long ago. The other ones I wore a lot and loved the way they looked on me. I will admit I had to pull them up quite frequently which was annoying, but I was ok with it since it was hard enough to find some I liked on me. I had just bought the skirt a few days before being admitted so I haven't even gotten to wear it yet. It 's probably still sitting on the dresser in the bag. For the price of their clothes you would think everything would fit perfect. I'm sorry your jeans didn't work out for you. As far as BRU goes, our closest one is 45 minutes away and doesn't even have maternity clothes. So all I have is Ross, Motherhood, and Target (who really isn't any cheaper than MM).
March 28th, 2013, 05:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
When I was pregnant with my first, I found maternity jeans SO HARD to find because I'm tall. I finally bought a pair of Citizen for Humanity maternity jeans (they are designer, and retail for $200, but I got them VERY lightly used off ebay for $50!). They are "tall" size, so they are 35 inches in length. They are VERY comfy. I then bought another pair of them one size bigger for the last trimester. I plan to sell them both once I am done with them!
Other than those, I don't own ANY maternity pants. I despise maternity pants. I wear yoga pants and Lululemon Studio pants - the same ones I wear when I'm not pregnant, all through my pregnancy.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
March 28th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
I think it's safe to say all maternity jeans suck. I have spent a lot of money on just about every brand, including J Brand, Citizens of Humanity, Motherhood, Pea in the Pod, etc. They all equally blow! They fall down, don't fit properly, and look like crap. At this point I've resorted to dresses and yoga pants.
rheaimedved likes this.

March 28th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
I don't think motherhoods stuff is good quality at all! Definitely should be able to at least last one pregnancy. Their stuff is sooo expensive too which is why i've been preaching H&M! They have sizes 2-18 in stores from what I've seen... they just don't have shorts....

Anyone know how the motherhood shorts are, or a good place to get a pair of maternity shorts? I just need one pair for my baby shower by next saturday eek!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search