Constant Urge to Pee

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By usnwifey9
  • 1 Post By Themrs0523
  • 1 Post By Themrs0523
  • 1 Post By Themrs0523

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Themrs0523's Avatar Super Mommy
Last night, between 12:30 and 3:30 I was up every 15 mins to pee. The urge was so strong I couldn't ignore it.

Now it is starting again (9:10 here). Ugh, it is so frustrating!!! She moves so much now at night and she is very low so that has to be the reason but it is such an uncomfortable feeling.

Anyone else have an overactive bladder?
March 27th, 2013, 07:28 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Yep! When I'm sleeping, it's about every 2-3 hours. If for some reason i can't fall asleep, it's worse..every 30 minutes probably. During the day it's probably every hour. Thankfully we're in the home stretch!
March 27th, 2013, 07:35 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Every now and then it gets like that for me too! It seems to be when I'm having BH in the evening that it happens most.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 27th, 2013, 07:50 PM
usnwifey9's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayJoy View Post
Every now and then it gets like that for me too! It seems to be when I'm having BH in the evening that it happens most.
^-- Same here! Usually if I'm in bed and go from a lying down position to a sitting position, I have to go straight to the bathroom lol! I also have a bit of a bad habit of drinking a nice tall glass of water before bed, though, so I'm sure that doesn't help matters either .
EverydayJoy likes this.

March 27th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Definitely throughout the day I have periods of peeing really frequently... I can usually make it through the night ok (peeing once before I go to bed, then getting up once or twice to go, then going again when I wake up in the morning).
March 27th, 2013, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverydayJoy View Post
It does come in waves, could it be BH that I am feeling? I do not get a tightening sensation, just an urge to pee feeling.
March 27th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themrs0523 View Post
It does come in waves, could it be BH that I am feeling? I do not get a tightening sensation, just an urge to pee feeling.
Hard to say! Hey, have you heard back yet about the culture they did at your doc's office?

March 27th, 2013, 08:39 PM
They said if they didn't call it was normal and I haven't heard anything. I have an appt with my midwife on Friday so they will test my urine again for blood and I'm gonna run this new overactive bladder issue by her.
March 27th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Yeah. It can be hard to tell what's just baby pressing down, and what's UTI symptoms. I have had a few times I thought I had a UTI but my urine came back clear, so it can be confusing! Hope you get good results on Friday.

March 28th, 2013, 01:52 AM
UPDATE: after being up again for several hours peeing every 10 mins and then finally sleeping for a few minutes only to wake up to peeing myself, I called the midwife on call and she said I should come in to check if it was amniotic fluid.

They are still running tests but it is looking like a UTI (still have blood in my urine) and they had to do a catheter. Holy cow, that is unpleasant!

Waiting to talk to the midwife and get the results now.

****Left hospital at 5:30. I do not have a UTI and my cervix is closed. They said the only thing they can think of is that she is putting a ton of pressure on my bladder.
rheaimedved likes this.

Last edited by Themrs0523; March 28th, 2013 at 03:50 AM.
March 28th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Sheesh you've sure been through it! Just doesn't seem right! I'm glad your cervix is closed though, and that there's no infection. Poor mama! I have been cath'ed several times and it is NOT fun.

March 28th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
I have the same feeling... I will get up, use the restroom, sit back down on the couch and already feel like I have to go again. I know it's definitely not a UTI here either... It's going to be a rough next couple weeks at work for me!

Are you still working?

March 28th, 2013, 08:39 AM
JandJC's Avatar #2 due in April!
Oh My Goodness. Hugs to you! I have been peeing way more than usual and it sucks! I hope she moves off your bladder soon! Only a few weeks left

March 28th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimboardin Mama View Post
I have the same feeling... I will get up, use the restroom, sit back down on the couch and already feel like I have to go again. I know it's definitely not a UTI here either... It's going to be a rough next couple weeks at work for me!

Are you still working?
Yes I am, working three days a week but another strange thing about it is the urge is not nearly as urgent during the day as it is at night so I am usually ok while I am working.
Skimboardin Mama likes this.
March 28th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
you poor thing also, bizarre that there's blood in your urine. what's that about?!
March 28th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rheaimedved View Post
you poor thing also, bizarre that there's blood in your urine. what's that about?!
I have no clue! Tomorrow will be a full two weeks in which I have had several urine samples taken and all of them are showing blood.

The only other thing I can think of is that she is using my kidneys as punching bags and causing some blood to be present because of constant kicks...that is just a guess though.
March 28th, 2013, 10:06 AM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my, that sounds miserable. I thought my having to pee 3-4 times a night was crappy enough. They haven't made any guesses about the blood in the urine?

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
March 28th, 2013, 10:23 AM
When it first started they thought I may have passed a kidney stone (I had a renal ultrasound two weeks ago) and then last week they said that the blood may just still be passing from that but this week no one has any guesses.

They keep telling me to continue to hydrate and I'm like "uh if I hydrate anymore I am going to have to live on the toilet!!!!l" lol
EverydayJoy likes this.

Last edited by Themrs0523; March 28th, 2013 at 10:26 AM.
March 28th, 2013, 10:36 AM
If the kidney stone was bad enough to cause blood in your urine, I would think you would have been pretty crippled by the pain from it. I know you were having some pain before, but when I've seen my sister going through passing a kidney stone (she's passed three), and DH did once too, it was like, "somebody just kill me now" kind of pain, because you feel like you are dying! I am sure if it was smaller it could pass with less pain, but still... I think if I were in your shoes I would be pretty PO'ed about not knowing what this is all about!

March 28th, 2013, 10:43 AM
It is just frustrating! I think they should do an ultrasound and see how low she is. Maybe I'm just curious though

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search