As a child...

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree23Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Sweet_Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
How did u see ur life? What age did u think u would get married? How many kids? What did u want to be?

I saw myself getting married after I finished college at age 22 having a baby at 25 and have 3 kids. 2 boys and one girl. I wanted to be an actress or a model. (I'm 5'5" lol)

Kelsey Wife to Chris with 3 little gremlins and one on the way!!!
Jacob 08/09
Jesse 01/11
Johnny 04/13
Jaxon 07/14

"In MY world of PINK I am surrounded by BLUE!"

March 29th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Awe cute

I wanted to be married before I had a child. And didn't want kids till after I became a lawyer at age 27 lol

But I headed towards the medical field. But I still didn't plan on kids till after 25.
March 29th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I never wanted a career. I wanted to get married to a farmer right out of high school and have two kids. HA! Everything worked out except for the whole two kids thing...
March 30th, 2013, 12:33 AM
Shufu_in_Shunan's Avatar Padawan Kim
I always saw myself getting married sometime after college, between the age of 22-25, having 2 or 3 kids soon after, and living happily ever after as a veterinarian in a nice, big house somewhere near where I grew up. HA! That's soooo not what happened...got married at 19, waited 8 years to have a baby, majored in Psychology at college (but will be a stay-at-home-mom for at least a few years), and moved to Japan! I would never have imagined my life would turn out quite this way when I was a kid.
Sweet_Mama likes this.

March 30th, 2013, 02:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
I knew I wanted to be a teacher since I was 5 and that worked out....

I always thought I might be married around 22 and have kids shortly after. Didn't meet DH until I was 22 we dated 1 yr. got engaged at 1 year (1 yr engagement) and found out I was preggo with DD on our 1 year wedding anniversary. Kinda scary things moved so quickly but I'm very happy

March 30th, 2013, 03:58 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wanted to be a singer my whole childhood, except I'm crazy shy and never had the nerve to even do the talent shows at school so that didn't quite work out. I also wanted to be a cop but my dad flat out refused, not because it was dangerous, but because "they don't make enough to support yourself". He was ok with me being a secretary though so figure that one out. I took one semester of office management and got mad at a teacher for giving me my only B and decided screw her I'm going to excel at something harder and went into nursing. Seriously had never even considered medical until then but 11 years later I love what I do.

As far as marriage and children, I never wanted any of it. I can count on one hand the number of people I actually seriously dated. 2 people. I had a 2 week rule. If guys annoyed me after 2 weeks that was that. I thought it was pointless to go out just for the sake of going out. Now here I am a married and pregnant nurse. I wouldn't have guessed this life in a million years when I was little, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.
March 30th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Veteran
All I wanted since I was a little child was to run away from my home country. It's a war zone, saw way too much blood, bodies, bombs, soldiers breaking in our house/neighborhood.. And to top that, way too much physical/verbal and psychological abuse everywhere I went (you'd be surprised what a 4 year old would still remember in her 20s).

I locked myself in a room, sometimes in a closet and dreamed of a free world where I will go to college (women where I come from did not have that option back then), be a fashion designer and a writer. Strange combination. Did not see myself married or with kids. Did not have good models. Things turned out very different, but most importantly, I am FREE. Although terrible memories still haunt me at times... Went to college, have two masters, working on a phd now, married and expecting a second baby. Very thankful and happy.

sorry for the rant... was just thinking about all this last night..
March 30th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Brock's minion
I think I always wanted to be Mom but just figured I'd be a working Mom like my own. I imagined I'd marry around 23 or so but I didn't start dating my husband until 27.5 and we married two years later. He comes from a SAHM life and really wanted that for his kids.....so here we are, I gladly gave up a pretty successful career happily to be a wife and mother. It took a few extra years to get here but it's been so worth it.

Michelle
March 30th, 2013, 08:25 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I was 16 I wanted to be married by 19. When I turned 19, I wanted to be married by 21. I had it all figured out, I was going to be a SAHM like my mom was and have two kids--both girls. LOL well it's good that I didn't get married that young, didn't find the right guy until I was 25 (I thought for sure I was going to be an old maid). And we do have 2 children, but they're both boys, go figure! Hah. My sister and I had decided when we were teenagers that she would have the boys, and I'd have the girls. Well she has 2 boys and a girl, and I have 2 boys...and might not be able to try for a girl. That does make me sad, but I will get over it eventually I suppose!
Anyway, being a SAHM isn't quite what I imagined it to be when I was a teenager, but at the same time I am grateful I can stay home and raise my kids myself. Maybe when they get older I'll go travel the world as a singer, lol, that was my dream for a little while when I was younger.
rheaimedved likes this.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 30th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Honestly, I had never really thought about it. I've never planned anything more than a couple of years in advance (and that's only happened... once, or maybe twice). Hubby and I married quickly and got surprise pregnant quickly (13 months after we started dating; 6 months after we got married). I would've waited a little longer to have children, but this is OK too

Misty, I think it's interesting how you never wanted any of it. I have a lot of young female friends (23/24) who insist they never want to have children (and possibly never want to get married). I take it with a grain of salt because (a) they're young and (mostly) unattached and (b) things change drastically in your 20s (and I also have a lot of friends older than me who have changed their position). Conversely, one of my closest friends has always known she wants children, but she's 30 now, in a stable relationship (3 years, living together, planning to marry), and still has no "plan" for when children might happen... even though she doesn't want to wait too long (past 35) and still really wants children. I jokingly told her she could benefit from a surprise pregnancy (ok, half jokingly).
March 30th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wanted to get married pretty soon after graduating college, have 4 kids and always wanted to be a L&D nurse.

I got married a month after I graduated college and am on baby #2. I don't know that we'll be having 4 but we'll see! And I'm an insurance broker, so switched the professional side a bit.

March 30th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I wanted to be a stay at home Mama and raise my kids. I worked until number 1 was born and than quit....so 12 years ago. I now homeschool and we are expecting number 10 . I love my calling, it fits me perfect.
Mrsbowbin likes this.

March 30th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My life is nothing like I planned it to be. I was going to be a trauma surgeon. I had no plan of ever getting married, much less have kids. I am not a kid person at all. Some things happened that derailed that plan. I ended up married at 19. We still planned on never having kids. An oops at 22 changed that. Now here we are on number 4. No one could have imagined me here.
DS-Sully(4)
DS-Gus(2)

March 30th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 boys View Post
I never wanted a career. I wanted to get married to a farmer right out of high school and have two kids. HA! Everything worked out except for the whole two kids thing...
OMG Knowing the area you are from makes this 110% funnier than anyone can imagine!

I haven't changed too much from what I figured I would be doing. I figured I'd get married young, not 18, but young still... I thought I would have gone to college, worked for a while, and then have babies.

So basically I have done those things, but I guess I never really saw exactly what my life would be like now... our home, Dh's career, me not finding work after we moved a year ago, the area that we live etc.
It's all fairly wonderful, but just nothing I could have ever hand picked.

March 30th, 2013, 08:37 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBunnyMama View Post
All I wanted since I was a little child was to run away from my home country. It's a war zone, saw way too much blood, bodies, bombs, soldiers breaking in our house/neighborhood.. And to top that, way too much physical/verbal and psychological abuse everywhere I went (you'd be surprised what a 4 year old would still remember in her 20s).

I locked myself in a room, sometimes in a closet and dreamed of a free world where I will go to college (women where I come from did not have that option back then), be a fashion designer and a writer. Strange combination. Did not see myself married or with kids. Did not have good models. Things turned out very different, but most importantly, I am FREE. Although terrible memories still haunt me at times... Went to college, have two masters, working on a phd now, married and expecting a second baby. Very thankful and happy.

sorry for the rant... was just thinking about all this last night..
Wow! Where did you grow up? I am so sorry you had to endure all of that, but proud of all your accomplishments since then. You're amazing!

March 30th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
I pictured myself becoming a famous pop star, marrying Donnie Wahlberg from the New Kids on the Block by the time I was 30 and then having two kids after that. Also was assuming I'd be an established novelist by then, as well--you know, in all my spare time.

Thank god life doesn't always hand you what you think you want it to when you're young! I'm pretty sure I would've become pretty unhappy being married to Donnie after a while (he's a notorious cheater) and is being a pop star all it's cracked up to be?

Instead, I became a TV/film producer, at 32 married my best friend who I met in the ocean while surfing, and had my first baby at 34. I really cannot complain!

March 31st, 2013, 05:19 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rheaimedved View Post
Misty, I think it's interesting how you never wanted any of it. I have a lot of young female friends (23/24) who insist they never want to have children (and possibly never want to get married). I take it with a grain of salt because (a) they're young and (mostly) unattached and (b) things change drastically in your 20s (and I also have a lot of friends older than me who have changed their position). Conversely, one of my closest friends has always known she wants children, but she's 30 now, in a stable relationship (3 years, living together, planning to marry), and still has no "plan" for when children might happen... even though she doesn't want to wait too long (past 35) and still really wants children. I jokingly told her she could benefit from a surprise pregnancy (ok, half jokingly).
I really just never wanted the responsibility. I always knew if I ever did have a child that I would love them and they'd be beyond spoiled, I just didn't want to have to do that. I liked being able to just up and travel wherever whenever. Just me and my dogs going on vacation together. It's almost funny how life changes over time and people usually end up doing things they never thought they would.
March 31st, 2013, 06:43 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaBadola View Post
Wow! Where did you grow up? I am so sorry you had to endure all of that, but proud of all your accomplishments since then. You're amazing!
Aw, thanks but honestly a lot of women have it much much worse than me. Oh and I am from a very troubled region in the middle east.
March 31st, 2013, 09:04 PM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
What age did u think u would get married? I think about 20 actually haha. I got married at 19
How many kids? I always wanted a big family, because I had a big family. I think I wanted about 4-7 kids. We will be stopping at 4
What did u want to be?
I went threw different stages, I remember wanting to be a nurse for a while. My number one would have been a stay at home mom. I loved playing mommy when I was young.

I never thought about college though, and now I am hoping to get my masters

April 1st, 2013, 06:48 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I always knew I wanted to get married and have kids and be a stay at home mom. I wanted 4 kids (2 of each gender) but we'll be done with 3.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search