TMI question-warning!

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By Rhonda66
  • 1 Post By NewlyMrs
  • 2 Post By jcperez
  • 8 Post By MrsNHigh

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2013, 03:57 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I thought about posting this in our private subforum but I wanted everyone's opinion and possibly those from other ddc's.

Here it is:
The past 2 days I have been having constant bowel movements. Like 4-5 times a day. I have read this can be a sign of impending labor as your body cleanses itself. Is anyone else having this or had it with other pregnancies? It is my only symptom. I'm not having contractions or anything. And I know it's not something I ate because of how long it's gone on and how normal I feel otherwise.

Thanks!

March 30th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, first I was constipated and couldn't go at all. Now I do smaller than normal BMs sometimes as much as 5 or 6 times a day and pee at least every 2 hours - normally I can work all day without needing to go to the bathroom once. I feel like there is less room in there now with her taking it all up which is forcing the bowels and bladder into overdrive.
March 30th, 2013, 04:14 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Some days I definitely have a lot of BM's like that, I wonder if BH can also cause it?

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 30th, 2013, 04:16 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It depends on what I eat. I can go 4 or 5 times a day. It's more about consistency (to continue with the tmi). If it is loose when you go and it is constant, then maybe its a sign of labor...that's my understanding.

Nichole
March 30th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsNHigh View Post
It depends on what I eat. I can go 4 or 5 times a day. It's more about consistency (to continue with the tmi). If it is loose when you go and it is constant, then maybe its a sign of labor...that's my understanding.
Yes, that's my understanding too - though I'll add when I had DS, that did not happen at all, it was more like my bowels just went into a suspended state until well after the birth. On the other hand, my friend told me she pooped while giving birth so I think it's another one of those "different for every birth" things like almost everything when it comes to L&D.
EverydayJoy likes this.
March 30th, 2013, 04:46 PM
NewlyMrs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for your input mamas! These are definitely loose and not normal. We shall see!
Rhonda66 likes this.

March 30th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You might try writing down what you eat every day and what your BMs are like, just in case. Personally, I wouldn't be concerned about it. Consider yourself lucky for not being constipated... it happened to me once in the first trimester, for nearly three days, and was horrible.
March 30th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to LolaBadola
I had that last night, which is very unusual. Like...pouring out of me like a hose! It was HORRID. Today I'm fine, though. So weird and gross. Sorry you're having it too. Hope it gets better.

March 30th, 2013, 10:06 PM
May 2013 Cohost
I have heard of this as a sign of impending labor. But I personally did not experience that at all with my first pregnancy. Have you had any period like cramping at all? I seem to remember having that close to labor.
March 31st, 2013, 12:10 AM
Sweet_Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
Yes I have noticed an increase this week too!

Kelsey Wife to Chris with 3 little gremlins and one on the way!!!
Jacob 08/09
Jesse 01/11
Johnny 04/13
Jaxon 07/14

"In MY world of PINK I am surrounded by BLUE!"

March 31st, 2013, 06:42 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
If that is the case I would have had this baby about 2 months ago. Seems like thats all I do anymore. At least 4 times a day! I just thought there is no room in there anymore for anything and my body is always getting rid of it. Gross, i know.
rheaimedved and Mrsbowbin like this.

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
March 31st, 2013, 05:38 PM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
My bowels have been switching around all pregnancy. I will go weeks of constipation, than weeks of non stop. HAHA. Currently I have been having more frequent bowels, I think because the baby is pushing on everything. I also noticed the baby recently dropped, I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

March 31st, 2013, 05:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been like that for prob the last month or so I think he's also dropped as well x

April 1st, 2013, 09:13 AM
JandJC's Avatar #2 due in April!
How nerve wracking! I've not heard that, but it makes sense. I hope you get some answers

April 4th, 2013, 06:47 AM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, I guess the answer to your question is YES!

Nichole

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search