Btdt moms, how did/does labor begins for you

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2013, 11:11 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I pretty much knew when I was in labor, but I remember back when my sil was pregnant, she was googling her early labor symptoms because she had no idea. So, for all the ftm out there, let's share how labor started for us.

Mine started with hip pain all day and the need to go poo, but I couldn't. At 10 pm I started having consistent contractions, but not very close together. I had them all night, and in the morning at 6am, dh forced me to go to the hospital. I didn't want to go and have to do the walk of shame back home because I wasn't progressing enough to be admitted. I was admitted and I gave birth at 9pm that night.

Nichole
March 31st, 2013, 06:18 AM
Kenzie's Avatar Photography Momma
Just contractions. The pain started at the top of my belly and came down.
March 31st, 2013, 06:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Pretty much i was in early labor for a few days with most of my kids, till active labor gave in. It was just minor cramping but different kind of cramping as your period. Sierra and Brian were different, i had no labor signs so when i went in for my appointment with my dd, and found out i was already 4cm i was in shock.. But i did have major pain that night, i went straight into active labor with her, and Brian. No early labor at all. Or i just didn't feel it.

March 31st, 2013, 07:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
#1 - I don't exactly remember because I didn't know I was in labor until I was 8 cm arriving at the hospital. Mostly I would describe it as a LOT of pain. Back pain, hip pain, everything was terribly painful but it wasn't like typical contractions so maybe that's why I didn't get it was labor (and also because they sent me home from the hospital twice).

#2 - bloody show and mild contractions

#3 - was induced so it doesn't count

#4 - woke up at night with painful regular contractions which never quit
March 31st, 2013, 08:39 AM
Rhonda66's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
2 weeks before DD, no early signs that I noticed until I lost my whole mucus plug - I know you can lose it and nothing happens so wasn't thinking too much about it.

Called my Dr because DH urged me to about the plug and she told me to come back to the hospital for an NST.

Water broke on the way to the hospital about an hour after mucus plug showed itself, still no contractions that I could feel, but knew now we'd likely be having this baby soon.

Contractions started mildly about a half hour later in the truck.

Contractions were in full swing by the time they got me into a room at the hospital around 3am - and DS was born at 7:47am.
March 31st, 2013, 10:10 AM
Super Mommy
Lurking from June DDC - (I hit post then realized I was on the May board not the June board)

Two and a half weeks before DD was due, I was teaching my third graders and it was almost lunch time. I had to pee so bad, but was waiting to finish the lesson. I went to the bathroom as soon as I got them started on their work. When I came out of the bathroom I was very confused because it felt like I was still peeing on myself. It was a slow trickle, but nonetheless my jeans were getting damp. I took the kids to lunch quickly and called my husband and principal. I felt no pain at all, so I drove myself to the hospital. Sure enough my water broke. They waited a couple of hours to see if labor would progress. It didn't, so they started the platosin.

It was a total surprise to me because I had the expectation that most first time mommies went to or past their due date. The pain didn't start until they turned up the drugs.

Last edited by ~Traci~; March 31st, 2013 at 10:25 AM.
March 31st, 2013, 01:59 PM
pressedfairie's Avatar Super Mommy
Lost my mucous plug around 38 weeks. At 40 weeks, I was 3 cm dilated with bulging waters. I went in for an induction at 41 weeks, 5 days. Before we started pitocin, my OB checked me, and while she was checking me, my water broke. This started contractions/labor for me without pitocin (but I stalled later that day.) For about a week prior to this, I was having contractions off and on, some even painful, but they were never regular. They would go away after an hour or two.

Thank you peimum for my awesome siggy!
March 31st, 2013, 04:44 PM
selenamdz's Avatar Veteran
My first son I felt normal and my water broke at 35 weeks, and that was it labor started!
My second son I was induced.
My third son I felt normal again, and all of a sudden I had a contraction out of no where, because I had two kids previously I knew it was the real deal and not braxton hicks (literally after the first contraction) I waited until I had a couple more and
We went in and yup I was in labor!
(my labors are fast)
BUT both of my labors that were not induced began within an hour or two of me waking up in the morning.
I wonder if that will happen again???

March 31st, 2013, 04:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a sweep cause I was overdue then lost my mucus plug started having pains that night which were bad because she was back to back went to the hospital twice and they sent me home the third time they kept me in cause her hb was to low that was tues it took me till sat to get in active labour I was in a lot of pain and they had to give me morphine then they broke my waters I delivered at 9.15pm that night I'm hoping this one is much quicker x

March 31st, 2013, 11:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
I had a sweep a few days before.. I remember going in on the 10th DD's due date was feb 14.... On the morning of the 10th the doc said I was at 1 and he just wanted to induce me because he didn't want the baby to get any bigger so we didn't have issues... Told me to come back in at midnight.

Came in at midnight and was at a 3 so things were progressing on their own. DD arrived on the 11th at 3:55p.m.

April 1st, 2013, 04:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
With my first - contractions just started coming regularly and I knew.

With my second - I woke up with bloody show, so that was a huge indicator that something was going on. Within a few hrs, I started having contractions.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
April 1st, 2013, 06:58 AM
Liztastic's Avatar Super Mommy
#1 - Had a sweep that day (I was 40 weeks and was scheduled for an induction the following day), had my bloody show as soon as I got home and contractions started shortly after. Labored at home until around 4am - I was trying to make it until 6am which was when my induction was scheduled so I just showed up a tad early and already in labor to my induction. When I was checked I was 4cm

#2 - I was 38 weeks 3 days and was feeling off, just really tired (more so then normal pregnancy stuff), later that evening contractions started and were consistently 5-7 minutes apart. I finally called the hospital around 11pm and they said to wait until they were just 5 minutes apart. They continued to stay between 5-7 minutes apart all night so I called back in the morning and the nurse told me I should probably come in. So we got ready to go, checked the mail and grabbed some McDonalds because I was starving and knew I wasnt going to be able to eat once I got there...hehe. Got there and when I was check I was 7cm.

#3 - induction

Mom to:
Madalynn Faith ~ 2001
Alala Love ~ 2004
Elle Rain ~ 2008
Tilly Moon ~ 2013
April 1st, 2013, 08:18 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
My first: I had bloody show and some irregular contractions that were mild at 36w4d. I met my husband at the hospital (I was out of town at my moms house) and they told me it was prodromal labor and it could last for weeks. I went home. Contractions never let up, never changed for the next two days. DH convinced me to head back to the hospital after 48 hours and I was 8cm. I had him 3 hours later.

My second: Water broke EVERYWHERE. And then contractions came on. I was 37w2d.
April 1st, 2013, 08:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
1 - Induction due to pre-e.

2 - I started having contractions 5 minutes apart on Easter. We went to the hospital and I was only 2.5 cm dilated and after a few hours of monitoring, I had only changed about half a cm. My ob gave me the option of going home or staying to see if I changed anymore. Since it was very manageable, I went home. Two days of those contractions later, I lost my mucous plug and knew things were getting more intense so we went back to my Ob at his office. After a NST, Ob told me to go eat lunch and walk around for an hour then come back. I lost another hunk of plug while out and was 5.5 almost 6 cm when I got back. It was slow going at the start, but once it got going, it was very fast.

3 - induction a week and a half overdue.
DS-Sully(4)
DS-Gus(2)

April 1st, 2013, 09:16 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was induced for my first after coming in with false labor on my due date. I had really low amniotic fluid so they induced me. Sorry, nothing to contribute here!

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 1st, 2013, 09:17 AM
mrsjl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
#1- my water broke at 41w3d. it didn't gush, just trickled.

#2- contractions started around 9:30pm on my due date, but I wasn't sure it was "real" labor because they were not following the pattern 'by the books' but I went in to get checked anyway and I was 6cm. he was born an hour later.

April 1st, 2013, 07:51 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My water broke the night before my EDD. It was while I was using the bathroom just before I released my bladder so I just froze for a few seconds wondering if it was in fact my water or if I was just loosing control of my bladder LOL. It was a trickle, not a huge gush, and it continued every few minutes when I'd move positions (sit down, stand up, walk, etc.) After it happening about three times within the next five minutes I came to terms with it being my water leaking.

April 2nd, 2013, 04:48 AM
Purrrrrrr's Avatar Semi-crunchy Mommy
I eventually got induced, but prior to that, at about 35 weeks or so, I had horrible abdominal cramping I contributed to a large Easter dinner... turns out I was having contractions that dilated me to 3cm. And then I sat like that. For another month. He was turned funny, so they induced me and were able to turn him during the delivery, but when I went in to be induced, I was apparently already having contractions, I just didn't notice.... so I guess I'm no help. I either thought my contractions were really bad indigestion or didn't pay attention to them.

My Boring Blog
April 2nd, 2013, 08:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsjl View Post
#2- contractions started around 9:30pm on my due date, but I wasn't sure it was "real" labor because they were not following the pattern 'by the books' but I went in to get checked anyway and I was 6cm. he was born an hour later.
Oh man! I'm not sure I would have gone in! And then I would have been in trouble.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search