Update on Me

Forum: May 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2013, 02:39 PM
Themrs0523's Avatar Super Mommy
Well we had to go through another trip to L&D yesterday.
I started having very painful right sided back pain at around 1:00 but by around 3 I couldn't stand it. I was also unable to pee. We got to the hospital at around 3:30 and they did another catheter right off the bat (I had spoke with the midwife on call before coming in). She could barely get anything with the catheter and when they drew blood it was very dark. They said I was dehydrated even though I had already drank 64 oz of water. They started me on an iv for fluids and as my pain got progressive worse, they started me on pain meds. Peyton is perfect and I wasn't having contractions which was good news.
My midwife came in to talk to me and she wanted to repeat my renal ultrasound and said the blood and urine had come back negative.
The ultrasound also came back negative but she decided that it must be kidney stones that are not showing up on the scan.
The pain got so bad they gave me a shot of morphine at around 10 pm and I was dead to the world for quite a while. My pain came back but not in full force so by 5:30 am this morning they let us go home with two muscle relaxers to take if the pain got worse. I have just been sleeping and drinking a ton of water.
March 31st, 2013, 02:58 PM
MrsNHigh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Goodness! I'm sorry you're dealing with that. Hope you feel better soon.

Nichole
March 31st, 2013, 03:06 PM
WantingAnother's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to WantingAnother
I hope you are feeling better

March 31st, 2013, 03:13 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Wow, I'm so sorry to hear you experienced that kind of pain. If it is a kidney stone, from what I heard, they are excruciating. I'm glad Peyton is ok, and I hope you recover quickly!
March 31st, 2013, 06:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh my gosh, that sounds awful!! So sorry you're dealing with that. Don't feel at all guilty about taking the pain medication if you need it, and hope you can keep drinking fluids and generally feel better soon.
March 31st, 2013, 08:14 PM
It was not how I expected to spend Easter weekend but most importantly, Peyton is perfect. The pain has subsided to a dull nagging so that is good and I have been able to get a lot of sleep. I am just hoping I don't keep having problems with this until D-Day.
March 31st, 2013, 08:43 PM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow I'm so sorry! My sister had kidney stones with all three of her pregnancies, and it involved her being in the hospital for several days on IV morphine. I hope if it is a kidney stone, that it passes quickly! Are you able to pee now I hope?

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
March 31st, 2013, 09:25 PM
Yes, they think I was very dehydrated which is why I couldn't pee. We had discussed having to place a stent if I still couldn't by today but luckily the rush of fluids helped with that part.
April 1st, 2013, 05:06 AM
jcperez's Avatar 1 Busy Momma
Oh no! Im sorry you have to go through that. I hope you feel better soon!

Mommy to Lorenzo, Marino and Remy
April 1st, 2013, 05:22 AM
Kenzie's Avatar Photography Momma
Ugh, that stinks! Glad you were able to get some relief and that baby Peyton is doing good!
April 1st, 2013, 09:06 AM
EverydayJoy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad the hydration helped. I feel like they should have kept you in the hospital for awhile to keep an eye on you. But that's just me! Seems like hospitals always send people away too soon, either that or they keep you forever! Hope you feel better soon.

Little Bud: Blooming in Heaven 1.24.12
April 1st, 2013, 10:58 AM
They told us we could stay if we wanted to but I knew all they were going to do was keep pushing the drugs. I was trying to take as little as possible because even though it is safe for baby in the short term, I just don't like how it makes me feel. We decided since I wasn't wanting any more pain meds that I would probably rest better at home. Today has been rough because my body is getting rid of all the meds (diarrhea, nausea, generally yucky feeling, sorry tmi) which makes me want a natural birth even more! If I feel this yucky after pain meds, I'm sure a baby would feel even more yucky.
April 1st, 2013, 11:11 AM
misty3281's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themrs0523 View Post
They told us we could stay if we wanted to but I knew all they were going to do was keep pushing the drugs. I was trying to take as little as possible because even though it is safe for baby in the short term, I just don't like how it makes me feel. We decided since I wasn't wanting any more pain meds that I would probably rest better at home. Today has been rough because my body is getting rid of all the meds (diarrhea, nausea, generally yucky feeling, sorry tmi) which makes me want a natural birth even more! If I feel this yucky after pain meds, I'm sure a baby would feel even more yucky.
I've had a kidney stone before, not while pregnant though, but was unable to take pain meds because I still had to work on call 24 hours a day. I still had all of those symptoms just from the stone itself until it finally passed. It was miserable. Im so sorry you have to go through that. As soon as it passes though it's almost like immediate relief. Hope it goes quickly. Just drink as much as you can. The more you can drink that faster it will flush out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search